Page 46 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056961465461046 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    This has been a problem since at least the early 00s?
    I was referring more to the time when there was Uncanny, Xfactor, Xmen, New Mutants, New XMen, eXiles, etc.

You had a decent amount of choice in which books to read....now there's just Gold, Blue, and GenX.

One is crap, one is alt. reality central, and one is mostly completely new mutants. There's nothing available for any of the attachments we all have.

Even Astonishing as promising as it is seems to be agonizingly slow in it's publication.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I was referring more to the time when there was Uncanny, Xfactor, Xmen, New Mutants, New XMen, eXiles, etc.

You had a decent amount of choice in which books to read....now there's just Gold, Blue, and GenX.

One is crap, one is alt. reality central, and one is mostly completely new mutants. There's nothing available for any of the attachments we all have.

Even Astonishing as promising as it is seems to be agonizingly slow in it's publication.
    Astonishing is a monthly just like most other comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Astonishing is a monthly just like most other comics.
    But since Gold & Blue come out twice a month it makes Astonishing seem slow especially since there were a few months between Resurrection and astonishing

hence why I said it "seemed slow"

But since Gold & Blue come out twice a month it makes Astonishing seem slow especially since there were a few months between Resurrection and astonishing

hence why I said it "seemed slow"
    Even Gen X, a monthly, feels like it cones out every other week.

Yeah. I think the problem with ResurreXion has been a focus on solos. Whilst the solos are actually (mostly) really good, they just can't cover characters and properties like team books can.

There's also a lot of individual mismanaging of casts. Like, I don't think for a second that an ALT book (like Blue) would insult people if OML didn't take space up on three teams, with his own solo. Many of the characters people miss could slide into those slots.

Weapon X, particularly, feels like a missed opportunity, even if it brought back one of the most notable characters stuck in limbo. Doesn't help how decompressed it is either, really. Bunn/Guggenheim (a la resurreXion) on this title would have given us 3 or 4 arcs in the time Pak has taken to essentially introduce his cast and concept (yeah, I'm counting all of WMD).

And I know this is a lot more personal, but Gen X seems painfully uncomprehensive too. Gold and GenX should be working in sync to build up the world and the school, but both are really failing imo. Gen X gives us such a barebones look at school life and Gold barely seems to acknowedge rooms in the mansion beyond Kitty's office and Kitty's dorm. Gen X's key concept, too, (three different classes of mutants) will always feel less meaningful when the "lovable losers" don't get an informed comparison to the other kids. Thing is though, wrt this mismanaging problem, I think these are all fixable within resurreXion. I don't think it's a lost cause or that the entire line was completely forsaken by its overloading of solos (though that didn't help). There are very real solutions to these problems, only I can't see them actually seeing the light of day.

bah

Last edited by Diammandis; 09-05-2017 at 04:22 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Last edited by Diammandis; 09-05-2017 at 04:22 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    so bloodstorm does join the team and jimmy is there. I guess that rounds out the core cast.
    penance is back!

BANNED

Logan rocks a sweater vest in (what I presume) is a flashback in All-New Wolverine 25. While wielding the Muramasa blade.

NEEEED Ibanez Emma.

CLEARLY Ibanez has been in hiding for this long to master his Frost. Let's hope he doesn't let us down.

jk he can't let me down.

BANNED

Yeah. I think the problem with ResurreXion has been a focus on solos. Whilst the solos are actually (mostly) really good, they just can't cover characters and properties like team books can.

There's also a lot of individual mismanaging of casts. Like, I don't think for a second that an ALT book (like Blue) would insult people if OML didn't take space up on three teams, with his own solo. Many of the characters people miss could slide into those slots.

Weapon X, particularly, feels like a missed opportunity, even if it brought back one of the most notable characters stuck in limbo. Doesn't help how decompressed it is either, really. Bunn/Guggenheim (a la resurreXion) on this title would have given us 3 or 4 arcs in the time Pak has taken to essentially introduce his cast and concept (yeah, I'm counting all of WMD).

And I know this is a lot more personal, but Gen X seems painfully uncomprehensive too. Gold and GenX should be working in sync to build up the world and the school, but both are really failing imo. Gen X gives us such a barebones look at school life and Gold barely seems to acknowedge rooms in the mansion beyond Kitty's office and Kitty's dorm. Gen X's key concept, too, (three different classes of mutants) will always feel less meaningful when the "lovable losers" don't get an informed comparison to the other kids. Thing is though, wrt this mismanaging problem, I think these are all fixable within resurreXion. I don't think it's a lost cause or that the entire line was completely forsaken by its overloading of solos (though that didn't help). There are very real solutions to these problems, only I can't see them actually seeing the light of day.

bah
    GenX just doesn't deliver. I get that it's about the 'outcast' class, but then don't try to sell it as Jubilee leading anyone when she shows up in a few panels. Or Monet being on the cover and then all she does in the issue is hiss and run away. It's not compelling. It's a book of side stories.

Gold & Blue might as well be in an alt. reality

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Logan rocks a sweater vest in (what I presume) is a flashback in All-New Wolverine 25. While wielding the Muramasa blade.
    Is he meeting with Muramasa ? If Logan is the one returning in Legacy #1 i'm guessing the part of his Soule will be used to bring him back. Also why is he in a sweater vest, that just seems weird.

Mollina. So pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

bah
    I kind of agree. With Blue, Gold, and Astonishing you pretty much have the entire A/B List squad. Then you have your hit squad with Weapon X and your kid squad with Generation X, plus a couple solos to round it off. Only thing really missing is an X-Factor Government squad. So on paper, it should be a well rounded set of books. But in reality, the Blue Squad (though I do enjoy it; but think Angel and Beast are unnecessary) is ALT, Gold is basically Kitty and Co., Gen X and Weapon X cast were a missed opportunity. It's like they have the ingredients but not the recipe. Or the recipe but not the ingredients. One (or both) of those.