Page 464 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564964 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 21794
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    My wife and I got together young. But if our relationship was as boring as Jott we’d probably be divorced. So I don’t think getting together young has anything to do with it. They just don’t have any chemistry as a couple. At least IMO. It explains why they’re so bored with one another and lusting after other people for much of their relationship.
    But are yours and your wife's genes destined to combine into the most omega-est powerful children beings evar?! I think not!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    But are yours and your wife's genes destined to combine into the most omega-est powerful children beings evar?! I think not!
    Fair enough. But our kids are pretty rad. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Part of it, is because they decided to focus on Scott after killing Jean
    And I’d like to see more focus on Jean being Jean. Just a personal preference.

Part of it, is because they decided to focus on Scott after killing Jean
    Scott was always the focus of X-Men. There have been very few points in the whole series where he wasn't one of, if not the main focal point.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Looking at Jean's costume...I'm thinking they really didn't need to re-colour her Red outfit to change/switch things up.
    Personally, I do appreciate the retro-aesthetics of this look. I just think they could have updated the detail elements by:

Changing to sleek and fitted, knee-high boots. (Or go just above the knee in proportion to her skirt).
    Making the skirt closer fit to her legs (not a tight mini like Rachel's version, but somewhere in between).
    Redesign her gloves so that they are fitted and part of the sleeves, with a yellow strip connecting to and detailing the neckline.
    Minimising the mask so that it fits and frames her forehead.

Just modernise the fit and proportions and add some more style details.
    I'm one of the rare few who like the Marvel Girl costume, so I'd be thrilled to see something like this.

I know a lot of people don't like the mask, but its honestly my favorite part of the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Scott was always the focus of X-Men. There have been very few points in the whole series where he wasn't one of, if not the main focal point.
    After Morrison, Scott became the center piece of the franchise and received the characterization that made him popular

And I’d like to see more focus on Jean being Jean. Just a personal preference.
    I owuld like to see that, instead of the *winkpolywink*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm one of the rare few who like the Marvel Girl costume, so I'd be thrilled to see something like this.

I know a lot of people don't like the mask, but its honestly my favorite part of the costume.
    I'll be honest, you could even go a bit simpler in the approach:

Just add leggings under the skirt. Maybe a contrast of gold lining here and there, a panel contrast at the sides or the midriff--something to make it look a bit like modern 'sports' or skater wear. Something that balanced the practical with the theatrical aesthetic at least ya know?

After Morrison, Scott became the center piece of the franchise and received the characterization that made him popular

I owuld like to see that, instead of the *winkpolywink*
    Even after Morrison arrived, Wolverine was still the main character of X-Men, and far outstripped Scott in both popularity among fans and comic sales. It's why he was chosen as the hero of Schism.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Even after Morrison arrived, Wolverine was still the main character of X-Men, and far outstripped Scott in both popularity among fans and comic sales. It's why he was chosen as the hero of Schism.
    Wolverine will always get more sales than Cyclops. But it didn't meant that Scott wasn't the central figure, he was the leader. He got a big shift of character after Morrison

Is that Sage calculating something in her mind?

Can I say I'd like if they focused solely on her computer like brain? Because her powers are such a mess, she kept being given everything lol give her like lowkey TP and forget about the whole jumpstarting stuff.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

She reminds me of like Velma out of Scooby Doo or some kind of "female detective" from any number of graphic novels. Maybe it's the lighting (and the hair style) but I wouldn't even have guessed it was Sage without being told but yeah now I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Is that Sage calculating something in her mind?

Can I say I'd like if they focused solely on her computer like brain? Because her powers are such a mess, she kept being given everything lol give her like lowkey TP and forget about the whole jumpstarting stuff.
    I agree with you. It's best to focus on mutations and not make them too all over the place. Plus I would like the theme explored of how Sage's mutation is a "curse" for her in some ways like it limits her chances to feel "normal" or interact socially with others. Because her brain is so computationally oriented. Sage is kind of the female take on Doug Ramsey in some ways.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

My wife and I got together young. But if our relationship was as boring as Jott we’d probably be divorced. So I don’t think getting together young has anything to do with it. They just don’t have any chemistry as a couple. At least IMO. It explains why they’re so bored with one another and lusting after other people for much of their relationship.
    See, here's the way that I see it though - the only reason that Jean and Scott are "boring" as a couple under certain writers is because they don't know how to write them. Just because they're happily in a relationship doesn't mean that they need to be boring, just look at Sue and Reed; and, in fact, look at Jean and Scott circa the 80s (in X-Factor), Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix, and hell basically under anyone that knows how to write couples without making one appear inferior to the other. If Hickman has them together and can't write them properly that's a knock on his writing, not the pairing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I love drunk pirate Kitty.
    This post is everything. ^^^

Jott never really stirs me apart from the nostalgia. If their chemistry was more palpable, it'd be easier to ignore their years of baggage.

Also drunk Kitty rules. Marauders is the best course correction for Kitty after X-Men Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    See, here's the way that I see it though - the only reason that Jean and Scott are "boring" as a couple under certain writers is because they don't know how to write them. Just because they're happily in a relationship doesn't mean that they need to be boring, just look at Sue and Reed; and, in fact, look at Jean and Scott circa the 80s (in X-Factor), Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix, and hell basically under anyone that knows how to write couples without making one appear inferior to the other. If Hickman has them together and can't write them properly that's a knock on his writing, not the pairing.
    I always side eye who says long relationships are boring. They lasted a lot because they had some quality.
    Look how fast emma and Scott burned
    I don't want to see Jott again.

BANNED

I always side eye who says long relationships are boring. They lasted a lot because they had some quality.
    Look how fast emma and Scott burned
    I don't want to see Jott again.
    The thing about it is that there still has to be some intrigue to it within the character dynamic. Once you start making up cheese about how the couple is destined and kids start coming from the future, you've lost what makes the characters interesting together, which for Jean and Scott was...sacchariness I guess.