Page 47 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157971475471047 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Is he meeting with Muramasa ? If Logan is the one returning in Legacy #1 i'm guessing the part of his Soule will be used to bring him back. Also why is he in a sweater vest, that just seems weird.
    Looks like a full sweater to me. Underneath a jacket and over his white button down. A normal look for most people...yet surprisingly odd looking on Logan.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Is it really so hard to make Longshot a bit less tacky? ¬ ¬

BANNED

Somebody remind me why Rachel dumped the awesome coat in favour of that ridiculous Gold costume

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

Somebody remind me why Rachel dumped the awesome coat in favour of that ridiculous Gold costume
    Seriously tho.
    I miss this costume.
    Friendly reminder that Nathan Summers and Rachel Grey Summers care about each other

Kitty: "We need to buy ourselves a little time to figure this out. We need alibis."
    Rachel: "Leading a rebellion in outer space? Being held prisoner by the hand in Madripoor? Judging a Wolverine cosplay contest in Japan?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Oooo he looks HOT <3 _ <3

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Dunno... That forelock X(

This is something definitely better, more measured. Still it annoys me that most of artists forget that his eyebrows are black. I admit I'm being pretty picky, though 0:-)

The coat didn't have enough Prestige. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Dunno... That forelock X(

This is something definitely better, more measured. Still it annoys me that most of artists forget that his eyebrows are black. I admit I'm being pretty picky, though 0:-)
    I'm fine with the hair, but the face is just...UNF!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The coat didn't have enough Prestige. lol
    But the "cape" did? They probably gave her the Hound look so we could tell her apart from Kitty & Jeen

Word.
    He was supposed to be a total dreamboat hunk that all the ladies swooned over. Mullet not withstanding, but I mean, yeah, okay, it WAS the 80's.

I always had the impression that Doug was supposed to be the hunk of the New Mutants (despite Roberto being Mr.Charm Flirty Heart Throb guy) mostly because of how many gals would get crushes on him -- especially much(?) older Betsy. THAT whole thing (and quite frankly, MOST crushes back then) wasn't all that shocking to me then, but I was a kid, and now it seems really odd. I dunno.

Just ...uh.. participating in the Oooo he looks Hot <3 _ <3 Ha ha

All-New Member

As much as I like Bloodstorm, I'm really not looking forward to her being a mainstay. I was hoping for Kymera to be the other addition to the team (and she'd complete the loop, the O5 being from an alternate past, Jimmy being from an alternate present, and she'd be from an alternate future), and I'm hoping theres more to Bloodstorm being around than it seems, like she ends up an advisor of some sort. But boy oh boy do I not want this.

Quote Originally Posted by sparechange View Post
    As much as I like Bloodstorm, I'm really not looking forward to her being a mainstay. I was hoping for Kymera to be the other addition to the team (and she'd complete the loop, the O5 being from an alternate past, Jimmy being from an alternate present, and she'd be from an alternate future), and I'm hoping theres more to Bloodstorm being around than it seems, like she ends up an advisor of some sort. But boy oh boy do I not want this.
    Proably ultimate Storm. I mean a lot of other ultimate teens running around. Cullen Bunn wrote Ultimate X-men. And ultimate Storm was younger than ultimate Jean. I think like 17 as i remember the issue where she wanted wolverine and he said she was underage and she was like i'm the same age Jean was when you slept with her.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm fine with the hair, but the face is just...UNF!!
    Well, then I guess the artist has achieved his goal...

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Word.
    He was supposed to be a total dreamboat hunk that all the ladies swooned over.
    Just a question in my ignorance of English language: 'hunk' means physically brawny, or just generically 'hot'? I agree with Longshot being supposed to be a dreamboat, but not at all a muscular guy, quite the contrary: this doesn't fit with his androgynous nature. I know the former designs by Art Adams made him a bit wide-chested, but that was his way to draw in the beggining --I think the kind of arkward 'scarecrow' look that Silvestri gave him in X-Men (with a little help from Bogdanove) hit the target. That's why I don't like when Longshot's depicted as a surfing boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I always had the impression that Doug was supposed to be the hunk of the New Mutants (despite Roberto being Mr.Charm Flirty Heart Throb guy) mostly because of how many gals would get crushes on him -- especially much(?) older Betsy. THAT whole thing (and quite frankly, MOST crushes back then) wasn't all that shocking to me then, but I was a kid, and now it seems really odd. I dunno.
    Well, not everybody looks for the same thing (=BEEF!!!) in their love interests. As for me, I always thought Doug was a cute, among other things precisely because he wasn't presumably a 'hunk'
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 09-08-2017 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Well, then I guess the artist has achieved his goal...

Just a question in my ignorance of English language: 'hunk' means physically brawny, or just generically 'hot'? I agree with Longshot being supposed to be a dreamboat, but not at all a muscular guy, quite the contrary: this doesn't fit with his androgynous nature. I know the former designs by Art Adams made him a bit wide-chested, but that was his way to draw in the beggining --I think the kind of arkward 'scarecrow' look that Silvestri gave him in X-Men (with a little help from Bogdanove) hit the target. That's why I don't like when Longshot's depicted as a surfing boy.

Well, not everybody looks for the same thing (=BEEF!!!) in their love interests. As for me, I always thought Doug was a cute, among other things precisely because he wasn't presumably a 'hunk'
    Apologies. I was incorrectly using the term Hunk as a more broad term for "exceptionally attractive male" but you would be correct in your assessment that Hunk is more specific to muscular beefy types. Perhaps the more appropriate slang term applicable to my generalization here would be "babe" -- also more applicable to the 80's. haha

Thanks for your brief lesson

I actually use to goof up (is this right?) because of my misunderstandings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sparechange View Post
    I'd rather the potential offspring NOT be major players in the Xmen. It's overused with Rachel/Cable. I honestly hate the idea of Ruby & Kymera. It's forced...as if the Xmen ever have a future beyond doing the same thing over and over.