Page 507 of 1485 FirstFirst ... 74074574975035045055065075085095105115175576071007 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 22275

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    She will be in strange academ , savage avengers and probably should be involved in the Ghost rider series written by Brisson . Because he just introduced a huge change in statu quo for the limbo without mention Magik
    She's also featured on the cover of an upcoming X-Men book (the one with the brood on it). It's possible she's moving to another X-Title for a bit. Considering she's been given a role of importance by the Quiet Council, they can't ship her off for too long to Strange's book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Creepy, yet awesome cover.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    And also remember, it's just a cover.
    You have great wisdom !
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So Armor is joining the New Mutants?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I always got the sense that New Mutants was the book in which any and all of the younger mutants...NM, GX, NXM...would show up and be featured. So it's not strange to see Armor or Boom Boom or Mondo, Beak and Angel in the mix.
    New Mutants should be the 'umbrella' under which the various eras of new, younger mutants could have their own adventures and experiences.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The article in AiPT said that this is the case, as Brisson said in some interview. The book will focus in all generations of mutants and what it means to be a X-men. And because of that, the cast will change during the course of the stories. I like this idea, as well. This way they can focus on different characters that are usually off the main cast of books.

BANNED

The sad part of living in a mutant brotherhood era is that NM will never be a vehicle for the New X-Men to wipe the floor with the faces of the Aaron students. So let's see how they get along if they get meaningful interactions here.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The sad part of living in a mutant brotherhood era is that NM will never be a vehicle for the New X-Men to wipe the floor with the faces of the Aaron students. So let's see how they get along if they get meaningful interactions here.
    I’ll forever maintain that the New X-Men should be heart-of-gold bullies to the Aaron kids. Even meek Wallflower would probably trip up Eye-Boy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    The article in AiPT said that this is the case, as Brisson said in some interview. The book will focus in all generations of mutants and what it means to be a X-men. And because of that, the cast will change during the course of the stories. I like this idea, as well. This way they can focus on different characters that are usually off the main cast of books.
    I'm really nervous now that it seems Hickman is out.

Yeah Brisson said he'd use a wide cast, but he also seems to be totally clueless and keeps pushing Glob and Armor (whom he doesn't write well). His idea of shaking up the cast doesn't convince me. It'll prob mean that Glob and Armor get the spotlight while fan faves like Sunspot, Moonstar, and Monet will get ignored. Brisson does NOT have a good history of writing non white characters well, and lots of the fans here, are fans of minority Gen X/New Mutants/New Men characters.

I love reading Hickman's story but have HATED Brisson's Glob (and lol Boom Boom is an alcoholic, hilarious!) story and fear that once Hickman is gone, I'll drop this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’ll forever maintain that the New X-Men should be heart-of-gold bullies to the Aaron kids. Even meek Wallflower would probably trip up Eye-Boy.
    and the entire x-kids are the school hooligans that will break your kneecaps of the overall teen marvel universe, feral AND vicious, but somehow overachievers.
    remember how dust almost dusted that alien that tried her? the other champions all for peace and sorraya already preparing the bitch's grave, she was like "trust, you will be dealt with"
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-21-2020 at 06:33 PM.

In fairness to Brisson, if that cover cast can be believed, he's using a pretty good mix of popular NM, lesser used NM (Tabby, Karma), the GenX guys, and at least one later-gen X-Kid who isn't Glob. It's not the NXM crew, but it's also not Magik, Sam and Bobby. So, you know. A little variety.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    In fairness to Brisson, if that cover cast can be believed, he's using a pretty good mix of popular NM, lesser used NM (Tabby, Karma), the GenX guys, and at least one later-gen X-Kid who isn't Glob. It's not the NXM crew, but it's also not Magik, Sam and Bobby. So, you know. A little variety.
    I'm gonna go with his long history of writing rather than over ONE cover.

This cover doesn't mean that Mondo is suddenly going to get more development than Magik.

Glob isn't on this cover yet I wouldn't be surprised if he took up a large chunk of the storyline (Remember Brisson loves Glob like Guggenheim loved Kitty). Moonstar IS on the cover and I doubt she'll have an important role outside of a token.

I gotta say, it makes me chuckle when people say Hickman is bad at character work when here most people are chomping at the bit for his NMs over Brisson's. =D
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Dropping Sam, Berto, Yana & Doug for Hisako, Tabby (and probably Glob) is one hell of a downgrade. You'd think bringing in Blink, Magma, Shatterstar or any of the Hellions would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Roberto and Sam aren't coming back are they?
    That's definitely my impression. They're gonna stay behind to deal with the Shi'ar affairs. Magik & Cypher are the ones I'm more curious about, but I imagine that's just that they're caught up in Krakoa. They're integral parts of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    And since Rod Reis is not doing even the covers anymore, I think it is possible he is gone from the book.
    That'd be a real tragedy. He's made the book shine.

Mighty Member

So it's this thread now gonna turn into Sunspot and Magik fans acting like it's the end of the world because they weren't on ONE cover in a book that has a rotating cast?

Has nobody learned any lessons about not acting like the end of the world because of ONE cover when we know they can be entirely misleading?