Page 527 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 274274775175235245255265275285295305315375776271027 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 22344

only like 45% of gold is canon. that's what I say to myself, to cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVE the composition of both Xavier and Erik in their helmets in that panel.
    He may not be for everyone but...Leinil Yu is definitely my cuppa...and you all know how much I love and enjoy a good cup of tea.
    He gets too much hate on here. He's amazing in my opinion, definately one of my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    He gets too much hate on here. He's amazing in my opinion, definately one of my favorites
    He has a fantastic and unique art style but his work can come off a little too boxey and stiff for me sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    He has a fantastic and unique art style but his work can come off a little too boxey and stiff for me sometimes
    Yeah, his style isn't an issue in and of itself. It's just not always the best fit for Hickmen's X-Men. I'd say about half the time, it's fine to fantastic. But when there's an expressive or humorous moment, that stiffness is a real shortcoming.

Yu is just past his heyday, is all

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVE the composition of both Xavier and Erik in their helmets in that panel.
    He may not be for everyone but...Leinil Yu is definitely my cuppa...and you all know how much I love and enjoy a good cup of tea.
    Agreed. I love the identity Yu gives X-men. I think he’s been doing a stellar job.

BANNED

I am a big fan of Yu's art. He has done some real art during Hickman's Avengers and 90's X-Men. He may have degraded over the last few years but his Phoenix Resurrection was really aesthetic.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Looking at that Dark Phoenix from 2018 and his work on X-Men 04...with the same inker, Alanguilan...then comparing them with his X-Men Revolution days... his style has definitely changed and developed from then to now...I would even say improved, becoming more refined (debatable, yes) but certainly not "degraded".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

For me Yu is hit or miss. I think his style is cool, but it feels like sometimes he's rushing through which is when we get some sloppy looking stuff. I do like his covers though, which would line up with my thoughts because I'm guessing they have more time to make a quality cover where a middle page somewhere inside the book that won't see much visibility is okay to speed through.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    For me Yu is hit or miss. I think his style is cool, but it feels like sometimes he's rushing through which is when we get some sloppy looking stuff. I do like his covers though, which would line up with my thoughts because I'm guessing they have more time to make a quality cover where a middle page somewhere inside the book that won't see much visibility is okay to speed through.
    Just asking out of curiosity. Have you read Hickman and Yu's Avengers b4?

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Just asking out of curiosity. Have you read Hickman and Yu's Avengers b4?
    I did read Hickman's Avengers and I felt the same way then about the art. Some of it was cool, some of it sloppy.

Extraordinary Member

When Yu is good, he's amazing and one of the best!

When he's not good...it's so bad. So very bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I did read Hickman's Avengers and I felt the same way then about the art. Some of it was cool, some of it sloppy.
    Then there is Secret Invasion and New Avengers. When he is in his prime his art was subtly unique.

BANNED

His character designs are good too.

Man... Apocalypse taking Nate Grey as his new host body, permanently, would've been awesome.