Page 549 of 1455 FirstFirst ... 494494995395455465475485495505515525535595996491049 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 21811

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Apocalypse and Sinister never did anything nearly as personally sadistic or cruel to Ororo as Emma did. What Charles chooses to do has no relevance to how Ororo should feel.
    This is what a lot of Emma fans don't seem to get. I don't know why some of them seem to want these two characters to get along. It's ok for characters to not get along and be frosty/adversarial. And the reasons these two would not like each other is well founded. I always roll my eyes when people try to white wash or act like what Emma did to Storm was no big deal. I tried to explain that in one of the threads in the past but they just didn't seem to care.

Storm considered her body being stolen a violation as old as the Earth itself. It drove her to want to kill Emma. Storm was more pacifist back then so that was a big deal that her first instinct was to want to kill Emma. You don't just get over crap like that. You add in the Inhumans stuff, Hellfire stuff recently, and Emma's all around rudeness and snarkiness to practically everyone, it's no wonder Storm doesn't like Emma all that much. And again, that's fine. Conflict is good. It's hard to keep Emma's snarky attitude and also try to have her form strong bonds with people cause that's just not realistic imo for a lot of people. No one wants to be around that all the time. Which is why when Leah Williams wrote that she thought that the X-women should be ride or die with Emma and each other during her X-Men black one shot, my mind was blown at the silliness of it all.

I personally am not against them trying to reach some peace, but Emma never makes any effort. She's never even apologized for what she's done to Storm afaik. Even Emma apologized to Firestar for the crap she put her through. Once she's done that for Storm, I would be open to seeing them trying to be more cordial and friendly.

Cable #3 cover:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    This is what a lot of Emma fans don't seem to get. I don't know why some of them seem to want these two characters to get along. It's ok for characters to not get along and be frosty/adversarial. And the reasons these two would not like each other is well founded. I always roll my eyes when people try to white wash or act like what Emma did to Storm was no big deal. I tried to explain that in one of the threads in the past but they just didn't seem to care.

Storm considered her body being stolen a violation as old as the Earth itself. It drove her to want to kill Emma. Storm was more pacifist back then so that was a big deal that her first instinct was to want to kill Emma. You don't just get over crap like that. You add in the Inhumans stuff, Hellfire stuff recently, and Emma's all around rudeness and snarkiness to practically everyone, it's no wonder Storm doesn't like Emma all that much. And again, that's fine. Conflict is good. It's hard to keep Emma's snarky attitude and also try to have her form strong bonds with people cause that's just not realistic imo for a lot of people. No one wants to be around that all the time. Which is why when Leah Williams wrote that she thought that the X-women should be ride or die with Emma and each other during her X-Men black one shot, my mind was blown at the silliness of it all.

I personally am not against them trying to reach some peace, but Emma never makes any effort. She's never even apologized for what she's done to Storm afaik. Even Emma apologized to Firestar for the crap she put her through. Once she's done that for Storm, I would be open to seeing them trying to be more cordial and friendly.
    This exactly.

Readers can't just immediately jump on board with the idea of enemies suddenly being friends because that's just not how it works. Those kinds of hurts and violations run deep, even if it's from someone within your own marginalised group--Emma hurt Ororo. Ororo shouldn't be expected to just 'forgive and forget' because it still hurt. That doesn't mean she hasn't overcome it, it just means Emma hasn't done anything, in Ororo's eyes, that'll give her cause to forgive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Cable #3 cover:

Gotta respect the intentionally awful composition.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

why's cable kinda packin

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Gotta respect the intentionally awful composition.
    It is an homage to old days, afterall.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't think Emma wants to apologize to Storm because Storm is seen more at her level or maybe even higher. That's probably why it was easier to apologize to Angelica because she was her student and once depended on her and is less threatening to her ego. There is no power struggle there. If that makes sense.

Now who Sinister needs to apologize to is the X-Men that got maimed which almost caused death like Kurt, Kitty, Piotr and Warren. He should also apologize to Callisto and Marrow. Apocalypse has some X-Men too. Poccy and Sinister are darwinistic scum who don't mind killing children including their own. Sinister himself is a racist from victorian times. It seemed he didn't learn a thing under Gillen in the way he treated Storm. Both men are mind/soul rapists too. Sinister basically raped Maddie. I truly hate him and his Marauders. Someone should knock his smug block off. Did I say them all living in peace is unrealistic? They are all going to forgive each other because they are mutants? Wanda excluded of course.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I don't think Emma wants to apologize to Storm because Storm is seen more at her level or maybe even higher. That's probably why it was easier to apologize to Angelica because she was her student and once depended on her and is less threatening to her ego. There is no power struggle there. If that makes sense.

Now who Sinister needs to apologize to is the X-Men that got maimed which almost caused death like Kurt, Kitty, Piotr and Warren. He should also apologize to Callisto and Marrow. Apocalypse has some X-Men too. Poccy and Sinister are darwinistic scum who don't mind killing children including their own. Sinister himself is a racist from victorian times. It seemed he didn't learn a thing under Gillen in the way he treated Storm. Both men are mind/soul rapists too. Sinister basically raped Maddie. I truly hate him and his Marauders. Someone should knock his smug block off. Did I say them all living in peace is unrealistic? They are all going to forgive each other because they are mutants? Wanda excluded of course.
    Ugh, mate, don't even get me started on Apocalypse in this week's Excalibur! Honest to god, I don't know whether I want to throttle Rictor for licking Apocalypse's colonising boots or feel bad because I just see the manipulative behaviour the fucker's pulling...I've lived through that exact attitude he's putting up for everyone! "Oh you can trust me, lying is just a waste of time," It's all great 'till ya don't do what they want or stroke their ego's. Watching it play out here, it's like, one half terrifying, one half infuriating.

Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it's real hard to hate Emma when Apocalypse and Sinister are right there, especially Sinister.

Well just because they're living in the same nation doesn't mean they are necessarily friendly and ok with eachother? Are Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump best buds because they are both americans?

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    why's cable kinda packin
    he seems flat IMO

Cable #3 cover:

This hair isn't working, at least not draw by Noto

I think Gerry Duggan probably has a lot of fun ideas, but the idea of Kid Cable getting a solo book still feels so homophobic*. D:

*Mostly kidding.

BANNED

Cable #3 cover:

Now we are going to have Deadpool Vs Teen Deadpool? Why is this not surprising?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, it's real hard to hate Emma when Apocalypse and Sinister are right there, especially Sinister.
    I can have hate for everyone.