Page 551 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 514515015415475485495505515525535545555616016511051 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 22298
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Well, the Storm fans who hate Emma, also seem to hate Jean. Did you forget how much hate Jean got when she became the lead of RED? It was from Storm fans who think Storm gets screwed over when Jean is around. It's kinda true, but once again, instead of blaming bad male writers, they blamed Jean.
    I've seen what you are referring to, in terms of how some of us react to the lack of respect given to Storm. That doesn't mean there aren't in-story reasons why some characters would logically not be cuddle buddies.

As for whether Jean affects Storm's story potential? She doesn't in any way. Jean was hella dead for 15 years and in the ONE instance where Storm was given ostensible leadership, she was still not presented as competent, badass, and powerful. That has nothing to do with Jean. That's not even "kinda true". That's editorial and writers not being interested in Storm's character. And it's not just Storm, but the female characters in general see less interest, which is WHY Jean's continuity with characters like Emma and Cyclops is ignored and disrespected.

The nerve of forcing Jean into some kind of harem thing given Jean's major stories is super disrespectful to the character, and it is MEANT to be.

Storm is in a different type of hell though for sure. Creators hate to see her get even the slightest win, which is why she is usually just kicked in the face or something.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 02-13-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

But the posters here brag about being super liberal and queer and so called feminists. Yet, they instantly buy into these petty catfights started by straight male writers where one female character needs to get trashed so their fave can come off better.
    Yeah but those are the fans and their reason for liking it is different. The women who trash here are women who are ultra competitive, some are bullies that extended it to comic characters and their fans. The gay men, some of them, and I hate to say it but they like to see women fighting as their entertainment for a different reason straight men do. Sorry, but that needed to be said. That said some fans actually have reasons to be angry at some of these characters. You have to try to distinguish between them.

Mighty Member

Far as the affair, I have found both Scott & Emma get hate for it.
    I'm a big fan of Scott too and I don't think he ever really got hate for this. If he was getting hate, it was usually because people who grew up seeing him as the mutant Capt. America didn't like him becoming radical. Ever since his radical side was written out, he barely gets any hate.

But in all the ones I know of, both parties of the affair got fair share.
    I disagree, it's usually the women who get the most hate in triangles (granted in those cases theres no bragging about being feminists) and the female that is considered sluttier gets the most hate of all. Which again is very weird, when this comes from queer liberal fans on this site.

The nerve of forcing Jean into some kind of harem thing given Jean's major stories is super disrespectful to the character, and it is MEANT to be.
    That hasn't been confirmed though. I doubt it will either. Hickman wants to have it both ways and he's doing it in a way he an get away with it if he never confirms it.

Storm is in a different type of hell though for sure. Creators hate to see her get even the slightest win, which is why she is usually just kicked in the face or something.
    I don't understand this. I used to think Storm got written badly cause of the FOX deal, but that's over, an she's still being written as a joke. Like I mentioned earlier, in the 90's, her popularity rivaled Wonder Woman, but writers have done her dirty. I'm gonna be so pissed if the last Grand Size isn't about her since Hickman kinda seems to writer her well (just not enough). But instead of writing a monologue about how it's another female characters fault she got ignored, I'm gonna blame the writers.

The gay men, some of them, and I hate to say it but they like to see women fighting as their entertainment for a different reason straight men do. Sorry, but that needed to be said.
    Very true.

That said some fans actually have reasons to be angry at some of these characters. You have to try to distinguish between them.
    I do. Some Jean fans don't like Emma and it has nothing to do with the affair. But when Jean fans say Emma is evil and their only excuse is the affair. Well....
    Last edited by RamaBird; 02-13-2020 at 08:15 PM.

BANNED

I'm a big fan of Scott too and I don't think he ever really got hate for this. If he was getting hate, it was usually because people who grew up seeing him as the mutant Capt. America didn't like him becoming radical. Ever since his radical side was written out, he barely gets any hate.

I disagree, it's usually the women who get the most hate in triangles (granted in those cases theres no bragging about being feminists) and the female that is considered sluttier gets the most hate of all. Which again is very weird, when this comes from queer liberal fans on this site.

That hasn't been confirmed though. I doubt it will either. Hickman wants to have it both ways and he's doing it in a way he an get away with it if he never confirms it.

I don't understand this. I used to think Storm got written badly cause of the FOX deal, but that's over, an she's still being written as a joke. Like I mentioned earlier, in the 90's, her popularity rivaled Wonder Woman, but writers have done her dirty. I'm gonna be so pissed if the last Grand Size isn't about her since Hickman kinda seems to writer her well (just not enough).
    I wouldn't bet on a Giant-Sized: Storm. After all, she was nixed in favor of...another character when one of the artists that the series is showcasing suggested her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I wouldn't bet on a Giant-Sized: Storm. After all, she was nixed in favor of...another character when one of the artists that the series is showcasing suggested her.
    Ugh, prob right. It might take an MCU movie for the X writers to treat her as a powerhouse again.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I don't understand this. I used to think Storm got written badly cause of the FOX deal, but that's over, an she's still being written as a joke. Like I mentioned earlier, in the 90's, her popularity rivaled Wonder Woman, but writers have done her dirty. I'm gonna be so pissed if the last Grand Size isn't about her since Hickman kinda seems to writer her well (just not enough). But instead of writing a monologue about how it's another female characters fault she got ignored, I'm gonna blame the writers.
    This goes back to complaints about writers lack of research. Plenty of character started off one way until one writer's contrary depiction to push their own agenda / narrative messed things up. Because subsequent writers will look at what was most recent at best, and follow that without going further back. Then you pretty much have a crappy depiction from then on with only a FEW who understand what the character was meant to be.

This has happened with
    • Storm -Used to be powerful & competent
    • Gambit -Used to have depth outside of Rogue
    • Mystique -Used to be a Freedom Fighter
    • Jobbertooth -Used to be dangerous & supposed to be superior to Wolverine
    • Jobbernaut -least he MAY be getting fixed
    • Apocalypse -Same Villain Decay as the previous two.
    • Monet -Started off black and became White / European-looking Muslim.

etc.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-13-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This goes back to complaints about writers lack of research. Plenty of character started off one way until one writer's contrary depiction to push their own agenda / narrative messed things up. Because subsequent writers will look at what was most recent at best, and follow that without going further back. Then you pretty much have a crappy depiction from then on with only a FEW who understand what the character was meant to be.

This has happened with
    • Storm -Used to be powerful & competent
    • Gambit -Used to have depth outside of Rogue
    • Mystique -Used to be a Freedom Fighter
    • Jobbertooth -Used to be dangerous & supposed to be superior to Wolverine
    • Jobbernaut -least he MAY be getting fixed
    • Apocalypse -Same Villain Decay as the previous two.
    • Monet -Started off black and became White / European-looking Muslim.

etc.
    True. Mystique, Apocalypse and Juggernaught seem to be getting some redemptive love though.

Sabretooth, Storm and Gambit are the only ones still being badly written.

And where is Monet?! Doesn't Hickman love her? And didn't a female writer say she was taken by another writer? Maybe she's the Grand Size special?

Yep. Artist suggested Storm and Jean first, then Emma. Hickman pick up Emma and Jean and let Storm being recued by these two LOL
    Jean and storm are best friends and Storm is just kicked out in favor of white character emma that shouldn't even team up with Jean.
    so wrong

But the posters here brag about being super liberal and queer and so called feminists. Yet, they instantly buy into these petty catfights started by straight male writers where one female character needs to get trashed so their fave can come off better.
    This is just using feminism to make go away everything bad a charaacter did. It doesn't work this way
    "yay women unite"
    yeah sure, what about the 15 yeas Jean was dead and Emma stole everything from her? where was feminism there?
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-13-2020 at 08:30 PM.

hey its more funny a Jemma story than a meh besttie team up

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I don't think so. Stephanie Brown and Batgirl tem up is one of the best comics ever. So fun

I do. Some Jean fans don't like Emma and it has nothing to do with the affair. But when Jean fans say Emma is evil and their only excuse is the affair. Well....
    The affair, the rapes that Emma commited agains storm and Jean, IvX, trying to over write teen Scott memories so she could sleep with him

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Of course...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

True. Mystique, Apocalypse and Juggernaught seem to be getting some redemptive love though.

Sabretooth, Storm and Gambit are the only ones still being badly written.
    Agreed. Sabretooth used to be a great villain who actually had some depth. Love him. But Rosenberg & Hickman officially made me forfeit him as a favorite character. No redemption coming for him. His inversion gets undone & he's taken from Bunn to be fodder again. Now Daken is the one getting to be on the X-teams. Like we needed more of Logan's kids. U_U

And where is Monet?! Doesn't Hickman love her? And didn't a female writer say she was taken by another writer? Maybe she's the Grand Size special?
    Supposedly she's one of his top 5 mutants, but the only 1 of that 5 he has done little to noting with. Also just my luck she was another char. I liked.

Why I am hardly ever here anymore because the X-books so far haven't given me a bone to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think so. Stephanie Brown and Batgirl tem up is one of the best comics ever. So fun
    hey The chaos the fierceness and burns of these two togeher are priceless!!

i mean they are x men they trend to share beds pretty easily

All of them went to bed to the other at some point you can go form Rogue to Xavier if you put in a "date timeline" whatsover
    Rogue Colossus Domino Warpath Kate Iceman Polaris Alex Madelyne Scott Emma Jean Bishop Storm Gambit Mystique Xavier

I've seen what you are referring to, in terms of how some of us react to the lack of respect given to Storm. That doesn't mean there aren't in-story reasons why some characters would logically not be cuddle buddies.

As for whether Jean affects Storm's story potential? She doesn't in any way. Jean was hella dead for 15 years and in the ONE instance where Storm was given ostensible leadership, she was still not presented as competent, badass, and powerful. That has nothing to do with Jean. That's not even "kinda true". That's editorial and writers not being interested in Storm's character. And it's not just Storm, but the female characters in general see less interest, which is WHY Jean's continuity with characters like Emma and Cyclops is ignored and disrespected.

Well writers aren't interested on Jean story. you can really tell that Hickman had to add Emma and Kick Storm out, so he could manage the giant size issue with Jean.
    I really think the harem thing is not true, that would end to break the character

We got more insigh into Storm character in one iffue of FF+X-men then on 7 issues of Marauders. Storm is have a garden!!

hey The chaos the fierceness and burns of these two togeher are priceless!!

i mean they are x men they trend to share beds pretty easily

All of them went to bed to the other at some point you can go form Rogue to Xavier if you put in a "date timeline" whatsover
    Rogue Colossus Domino Warpath Kate Iceman Polaris Alex Madelyne Scott Emma Jean Bishop Storm Gambit Mystique Xavier
    I already know the snark. I want the pure fun, that is a lot better

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The affair, the rapes that Emma commited agains storm and Jean, IvX, trying to over write teen Scott memories so she could sleep with him
    I give you the affair, but the rape of Storm (when this story was written that didn't even count as rape. Back then, rape was treated as a total joke. It still is 2 decades later) and teen Scott doesn't count for me because she was written badly by bad male writers who view women as saints or whores, nothing in between. That would be like me saying Jean is a pathetic weak character because so many writers have written her as weak. But I don't count the bad writing of Jean when I consider her value. If I did count the bad writing, I'd think Jean would be a pathetic character who is always fainting and needs a man to rescue her princess butt.

The rape of Storm has never even been followed up or mentioned. Not because Storm doesn't care but because the male writers didn't care nor did they see that as actual rape. A lot of bad stories never get any follow up cause writers realize AFTER what horrible writing that was.

We got more insigh into Storm character in one iffue of FF+X-men then on 7 issues of Marauders. Storm is have a garden!!
    Many times x females are written better outside X books. When Emma was being written as a total joke in X books, she was written wonderfully outside the X world.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 02-13-2020 at 08:50 PM.