Page 552 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 524525025425485495505515525535545555565626026521052 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 22189

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I give you the affair, but the rape of Storm (when this story was written that didn't even count as rape. Back then, rape was treated as a total joke. It still is 2 decades later) and teen Scott doesn't count for me because she was written badly by bad male writers who view women as saints or whores, nothing in between. That would be like me saying Jean is a pathetic weak character because so many writers have written her as weak. But I don't count the bad writing of Jean when I consider her value. If I did count the bad writing, I'd think Jean would be a pathetic character who is always fainting and needs a man to rescue her princess butt.

The rape of Storm has never even been followed up or mentioned. Not because Storm doesn't care but because the male writers didn't care nor did they see that as actual rape. A lot of bad stories never get any follow up cause writers realize AFTER what horrible writing that was.
    They can write between that space a lot. For me it was a upgrade of what she did with adult Scott, that she took her position of power to mislead him into affair. It's very clear that Emma pays dirty to get what she wants

let's also remember that Emma objective was end the marriage or at least cause a strain. She falling in love with Scott was a accident;

Writers referencing it or not, it still in continuity and readers can not like it. She also exchanged bodies with iceman and almost got him killed
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Far as things go, cheating is closer to home for most people than genocide. So a character who cheats on another is easier to hate because many have been in that situation or have loved ones who have been & that type of pain & betrayal is closer to register than things like genocide & serial killing.

Far as the affair, I have found both Scott & Emma get hate for it. Emma is just easier to hate more given her braggart & entitled attitude about it. lol MAYBE Scott does feel remorse. I doubt it, but easier for many to see him as being remorseful compared to Emma. So again, easier to hate someone who does lowdown stuff, feels entitled to having done it, and does not feel the least upset about it. I personally dislike them both for the affair. So I got no dog in the fight.

Triangles tend to do this. Everyone knows about Brad x Jennifer x Angelina. But an even worse one before them we WWE's Triple H x Chyna x Stephanie which started 5 years before the same way.

After Chyna's death, they tweeted condolences and they were ripped to shreds in the comments.
    https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/sta...19592570929152
    https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/723129417367732225
    Like Emma, Stephanie has shown to be proud of the affair. She says she saw the man she wanted & took him, then said it was Chyna's fault for not being able to keep him. Later she says the situation was bad but she doesn't feel bad because of what she got out of it. Chyna's nightmare was her love story. So when former mistresses say that kind of stuff, it can pile hate on faster than ever. Again, like Scemma, I dislike them both for that -among other things. lol So I got no dog with choosing one side or the other. They both seem like bad people.

Any triangle is messy, especially when two of the parties started as an affair. But in all the ones I know of, both parties of the affair got fair share of hatred on all sides.
    Scott actually apologized to Jean, but it still felt flat.

I don't think Logan/Jean/Scott was messy at all. The reason is that Jean was never allowed to feel more than a phisical attraction for Logan. Now Scott and Emma went all the way in, that really messed up everything.

This Triple H and stephanie is so like Jean/scott/emma. Stephanie is the rich mean girl that destroy a marriage and is proud to do that. Even screw up Chyna on WWE
    Triple H cheated on Chyna and left her for Stephanie. Even if Jean wasn't killed Scott would Choose Emma.
    At least WWE fans seems to side with Chyna, because x-men fans just switched like nothing bad happened.

Supposedly she's one of his top 5 mutants, but the only 1 of that 5 he has done little to noting with. Also just my luck she was another char. I liked.

Why I am hardly ever here anymore because the X-books so far haven't given me a bone to enjoy.
    My guess? She is on x-corp or some of the books that are being produced but not announced
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-13-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Now Daken is the one getting to be on the X-teams. Like we needed more of Logan's kids. U_U
    we need the two established kids who have been around for quite a long time now and who won’t go anywhere. What we don’t need is Logan having more kids around. Daken could use some paneltime and good stories after years of mistreatment, but more importantly, he’s on the most diverse X book Marvel ever produced, also written by a queer writer! - and his Japanese heritage and sexuality are being acknowledged finally(in a good way I mean). This book and cast are significant in many ways and a big step in the right direction. Yes, we did need it very much!
    Last edited by DAHX; 02-14-2020 at 06:23 AM.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Strange Academy #2 - and Hope and Egg appear.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...koa-2-preview/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Strange Academy #2 - and Hope and Egg appear.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...koa-2-preview/
    Pretty sure those pages are from X-Factor. Not sure why Bleeding Cool included them.

Yeah that's from the X-Factor early previews we got

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Storm and Emma being friends makes only about as much sense as Jean and Emma being friends, perhaps even less so.

Didn't Emma knowing and intentionally get BOTH of these women raped, one mentally, one physically?

And the affected characters should be buddy-buddy for what, because Emma is one of the main character's girlfriends? Meh.

Also, not every character needs to be buddies with every other character from a narrative, storytelling standpoint, putting asidet he actual negative things they do to each other that make the notion of them "getting drinks" or whatever dumb.

I also want the animosity that should be there between Jean and Magneto. Even if they aren't at each other's throats there should be a certain push and pull between them. I feel like Bunn gave us a little bit of that with the little kid version of Jean for an issue or two.
    I think they are more like frenemies like shady chics from the real housewives of Atlanta lol. I’m fairness, Jean also got abusive with Emma after she confront Emma with her affair with Scott. Probably be traumatic with the most powerful telepath rummaging through your mind without your consent. That’s quite abusive. Emma is petty but with a good heart. She means well esp after she joined the X-men. Unlike the old school Xavier, she wasn’t afraid to do what it takes to protect her kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I think they are more like frenemies like shady chics from the real housewives of Atlanta lol. I’m fairness, Jean also got abusive with Emma after she confront Emma with her affair with Scott. Probably be traumatic with the most powerful telepath rummaging through your mind without your consent. That’s quite abusive. Emma is petty but with a good heart. She means well esp after she joined the X-men. Unlike the old school Xavier, she wasn’t afraid to do what it takes to protect her kind.
    Storm is obviously Sheree and Emma is Kenya (and everyone should ask me to elaborate).
    Last edited by Veitha; 02-14-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Storm is obviously Sheree and Emma is Kenya (and everyone should ask me to elaborate).
    Please elaborate cause I’m losing my damn mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Please elaborate cause I’m losing my damn mind.
    I'm glad you asked.

Emma is obviously Kenya because both of them started as the villains and they were depicted as the hoes of the group at first. Add the whole hitting on a married man and boom my essay on The Real Housewives of Krakoa is already writing itself. Plus they're shade killers.

Ororo is essentially an OG Lady of the X-Men like Sheree but she's become background in the later seasons and had some time off from the group too. They both needed that. But, like Sheree, Ororo is still ready to drag a bish should it be necessary. And also like Sheree Ororo has been building her house in Wakanda for years but she still hasn't moved in yet.

Fantastic Member

I'm glad you asked.

Emma is obviously Kenya because both of them started as the villains and they were depicted as the hoes of the group at first. Add the whole hitting on a married man and boom my essay on The Real Housewives of Krakoa is already writing itself. Plus they're shade killers.

Ororo is essentially an OG Lady of the X-Men like Sheree but she's become background in the later seasons and had some time off from the group too. They both needed that. But, like Sheree, Ororo is still ready to drag a bish should it be necessary. And also like Sheree Ororo has been building her house in Wakanda for years but she still hasn't moved in yet.
    Yo by default does that make Jean Phaedra lol. Cuz a only a southern belle can read and shade Kenya for filth...

Yo by default does that make Jean Phaedra lol. Cuz a only a southern belle can read and shade Kenya for filth...
    Yes, It does. I'm not convinced about it yet but the more I think about it the more it works. Because Jean and Emma should be able to read each other almost equally and that's a Phaedra/Kenya power dynamic. Plus everyone in their group rode for Phaedra by default at the beginning, sounds similar (shade).

Plus Apollo and Scott are both hawt.
    Last edited by Veitha; 02-14-2020 at 11:55 AM.

HAHAHA! OMG is Sheree still building out her house?

But yes, though her role has been diminished of late, who gon' check Ororo boo?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

She’ll shift that wig hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

She's built it in Season 9 after 5 or more years. It was left unclear if she's paid it.

She’ll shift that wig hahaha

She's built it in Season 9 after 5 or more years. It was left unclear if she's paid it.
    She's a trip, I love her!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!