Page 58 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162681081585581058 ... LastLast
    BANNED

That's not even a butterfly. That's just psionic energy that Jean and various telepaths have displayed before. Jean used a similar imagery in the 60s!

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Still not quite sold on the uniforms, but art itself looks good. Like the shading and attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Getting kind of weird vibes from it, like Rogue is not exactly giving consent. Am I just being crazy or something?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Getting kind of weird vibes from it, like Rogue is not exactly giving consent. Am I just being crazy or something?
    from https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com
    ANONYMOUS ASKED:
    Which is your favorite Rogue and Remy kiss?
    Kelly Thompson:
    Probably the one(s) Pere and I made.

she also wrote that only first two issues are ready

Seeing as it’s a textless preview, how exactly did you come to the conclusion that she isn’t giving consent?
    And consent to what? Looking in her eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Seeing as it’s a textless preview, how exactly did you come to the conclusion that she isn’t giving consent?
    And consent to what? Looking in her eyes?
    Additionally, isn't that a big chunk of their history anyhow? Gambit pushing Rogue's boundaries? I'm not saying "Hey Cajuns will be Cajuns" but I don't believe he's forcing himself on her either. Not like that time he planted one on "Jean" during a training exercise and it turned out Jean was a robot and she kersploded in his face. Jim Lee / Claremont days?

Tricky times we live in.
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-21-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm fond of Rogue/Gambit stories, but I'm inherently skeptical of any teasers because they rarely pan out. This pairing has a pretty large contingent of fans, but Marvel never seems too inclined to actually do something with it. They always find an excuse to tear them apart. Even at NYCC, the Marvel panel didn't seem too enthusiastic about the pairing, even though a number of fans cheered it. Maybe with things changing at the top throughout Marvel, we'll see someone give this relationship a chance.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Still not quite sold on the uniforms, but art itself looks good. Like the shading and attention to detail.

I think it may be a situation like

"I want to even if it harms me and makes me faint" vs Rogue "dont do it idiot you will harm yourself"
    she still doesnt control her powers

So ready!

Nice! but, did is just me or laura looks older than jean and nightcrawler... looks beautiful though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

X-Men Blue Annual
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Nice! but, did is just me or laura looks older than jean and nightcrawler... looks beautiful though.
    Maybe it's the mask?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

I dont know where to write this, but..
    I asked Mark about Layla, Mark didnt answer but he like other guy's comment. maybe it's a hint..
    I hope.
    hmm.jpg

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

So ready!

Loving the way this looks! Really excited for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Also nice art. Stealing Psylocke's psychic butterfly, Jean? *tsk* At least Jean's costume doesn't look as bulky as the covers showed.
    Well, Betsy did take Jean's telekinesis, so its only fair.

However, that is just the way Asrar draws Jean's power signature. It's not a butterfly so much, as just an odd looking psionic effect. He did the same thing in All New X-Men with BMB.

Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-21-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Those preview pages look great! I'm fine with the Rogue and Gambit flirting, it's not anything they haven't done before. As for giving consent, well Rogue has kissed people without asking (then again, it's more for battle than anything)...

About the psionic signatures, don't have a problem with it but I'd agree in general I find distinct signatures better than generic looking one's. I find the animals one's fun. I actually want to create a thread on them because the telepaths have slowly begun showing their own little visual flares.

As mentioned we've got Psylocke = Butterfly, Shadow King = Spider, Cassandra = Owl. it'd fit Xavier well as well I feel like Jean and her kids would get birds resembling a phoenix, so a hawk or eagle maybe even heron. Though it most often resembles a parrot...

Selene a vampire bat would fit very nice. Mr Sinister a rat? Ironic considering his massacre of the Morlocks. lol And Emplate a parasite or fly.

Maybe psi-signatures not just restricted to animals but they do stand out more effectively imo. Can't imagine one for Emma, maybe an albino tiger? To play off Jean's Phoenix signature with a chinese mythology reference.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 11-21-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Those preview pages look great! I'm fine with the Rogue and Gambit flirting, it's not anything they haven't done before. As for giving consent, well Rogue frequently kisses people without asking...

About the psionic signatures, don't have a problem with it but I'd like a more original look for it. I find it more visually appealing with their own distinct. I actually want to create a thread on them because the telepaths have slowly begun showing their own little visual flares.

Psylocke = Butterfly, Shadow King = Spider, Cassandra = Owl. I feel like Jean and her kids would get birds resembling a phoenix. Selene a vampire bat. Mr Sinister a rat? lol maybe not just restricted to animals but they do stand out more effectively. Can't imagine one for Emma, maybe an albino tiger? To play off Jean's Phoenix signature with a chinese mythology reference.
    Emma used to shoot a white beam in the 80s, but that disappeared, because Psy-Bolts stopped being energy beams that leave your hands, and became something invisible that comes from your mind.

The Konami beat em up Arcade that has Emma as a boss has her shooting beams

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Emma used to shoot a white beam in the 80s, but that disappeared, because Psy-Bolts stopped being energy beams that leave your hands, and became something invisible that comes from your mind.

The Konami beat em up Arcade that has Emma as a boss has her shooting beams
    Yeah, I remember that. Pryde of the X-Men they also had her psi-bolts be like white spears.

But I'll stop there and leave it for the thread I may or may not create. It's an interesting topic.