Page 59 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263691091595591059 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yeah, I remember that. Pryde of the X-Men they also had her psi-bolts be like white spears.

But I'll stop there and leave it for the thread I may or may not create. It's an interesting topic.
    At some point someone realized that mental powers didn't need hands to work...thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

X-Men Blue Annual
    Venom looks off in this. Maybe he just doesn't seem as big as he should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    So ready!

Asrar does draw adult Jean kind of young/weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    ...What the heck is Dazzler wearing?

Guido with a beard looks like he wants people to make jokes about him.

BANNED

is it just me or are these "leading Xbooks" not attracting the best artists in the business anymore? Lately the art is ok...sometimes the characters are drawn well, but most of the time there's very little detail in the comics and it's like WHY does it cost so much more if we're getting less story and cheaper art? No wonder people go to DC & Image

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I remember that. Pryde of the X-Men they also had her psi-bolts be like white spears.

But I'll stop there and leave it for the thread I may or may not create. It's an interesting topic.
    many things from that time aren't really canon anymore
    In an early issue of Claremont X-Men, Xavier is attacked by a Sentinel while he was on the sea fishing with a friend, and Xavier destroys the Sentinel with a mind bolt.
    And when Emma fights Phoenix-Jean during the Phoenix Saga (Emma had kidnapped all the x-men), the fight ends with Emma shooting a mind bolt with all her remaining energy, that makes Emma's factory explode (Emma was presumed dead after that, I think she reappeared in that issue in which she swapped bodies with Storm)

It seems like in the late 70s and early 80s mind bolts of telepaths were supposed to be not that different from energy beams, and could blow up robots or destroy factories.

If you go even earlier, in Stan Lee's 60s X-Men, Xavierhad steel beams shot at him, and he would avoid getting hit (he couldnt move in the wheel chair) by hitting them with a mind bolt, changing their trajectory

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Venom looks off in this. Maybe he just doesn't seem as big as he should.

Asrar does draw adult Jean kind of young/weird.

...What the heck is Dazzler wearing?

Guido with a beard looks like he wants people to make jokes about him.
    I think Guido has never looked better, he was super goofy in the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this book.
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Badass teaser of upcoming All-New Wolverine issue

Laura's new costume not only looks great but feels so appropriate for the current arc.

That...actually looks surprisingly good. Kinda wish they'd kept it as a thing Emma could do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    is it just me or are these "leading Xbooks" not attracting the best artists in the business anymore? Lately the art is ok...sometimes the characters are drawn well, but most of the time there's very little detail in the comics and it's like WHY does it cost so much more if we're getting less story and cheaper art? No wonder people go to DC & Image
    It's a linewide phenomenon. Axel Alonso thinks artists don't attract readers ("move the needle") so their best artists are on books nobody reads.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's a linewide phenomenon. Axel Alonso thinks artists don't attract readers ("move the needle") so their best artists are on books nobody reads.
    Or books that have bad writing. lol The art in Weapon X has been the best part of it. The writing however is another matter. lol

Deadpool & Spider-Man/Deadpool aren't doing well in the art department. That's the biggest complaint about both books. And I think generation X also got tons of complaints on the art style used.

Laura's new costume is one of the few new design I actually really love.
    They really need someone to redesign Gold and Red ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Tell that to Avengers going into No Surrender with stellar art from Paco Medina, Pepe Larraz and Kim Jacinto.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Amilcar Pinna's art from Generation X #85 - releasing Dec. 20th

generationx_inks_85_04.jpg

generationx_inks_85_07.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    many things from that time aren't really canon anymore
    In an early issue of Claremont X-Men, Xavier is attacked by a Sentinel while he was on the sea fishing with a friend, and Xavier destroys the Sentinel with a mind bolt.
    And when Emma fights Phoenix-Jean during the Phoenix Saga (Emma had kidnapped all the x-men), the fight ends with Emma shooting a mind bolt with all her remaining energy, that makes Emma's factory explode (Emma was presumed dead after that, I think she reappeared in that issue in which she swapped bodies with Storm)

It seems like in the late 70s and early 80s mind bolts of telepaths were supposed to be not that different from energy beams, and could blow up robots or destroy factories.

If you go even earlier, in Stan Lee's 60s X-Men, Xavierhad steel beams shot at him, and he would avoid getting hit (he couldnt move in the wheel chair) by hitting them with a mind bolt, changing their trajectory
    For me, it makes sense that psionic energy can interface with physical objects, otherwise, how can a mutated gene allow for psionic abilities in the first place, or how can a machine amplify(Cerebro/a) or suppress(various psi-blockers) psionic abilities? Also, both Charles and Emma have had rare but notable feats of telekinesis in their histories as well.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

From Phoenix Resurrection. Trying to get more context on where this came from, but that's definitely Hellion. And he has HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

From Phoenix Resurrection. Trying to get more context on where this came from, but that's definitely Hellion. And he has HANDS.
    Who is the blond (white ?) girl with red shades ? I don't see who she is at all..

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Boom Boom DDD

Looks like they're fighting Magneto. Oops. But it might be fake Magneto - maybe this is from the same book with Laura killing "Erik?"
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey