Page 635 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 1355355856256316326336346356366376386396456857351135 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 22342

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Why does Quentin Quire keep getting shoved up our asses? Where is Marvel getting the idea their readers like him that much?
    I actually like him. He's a interesting departure from the usual X-Telepaths.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Why does Quentin Quire keep getting shoved up our asses? Where is Marvel getting the idea their readers like him that much?
    Simply, because some readers DO like QQ. I for one do. He is not in my top 10, but surely like the character. Now Glob on the other hand.....
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Simply, because some readers DO like QQ. I for one do. He is not in my top 10, but surely like the character. Now Glob on the other hand.....
    I've been listening to the Mutant Musings podcast and <pulls at his face> I feel like the Host is so charming that he's winning me over with his appreciation of Glob.

Good Glob,what is happening to me??

Also: Who came first? Lumpy Space Princess or Glob Herman?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Grant Morrison added nothing of value to the x-verse. I’ll make an exception for Jumbo Carnation, even though I don’t personally like the character.
    Wow, this is one of the worst takes ever! I love Quentin. Glob is harmless.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I absolutely loathed QQ in NXM but he's much more tolerable in X-Force.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I absolutely loathed QQ in NXM but he's much more tolerable in X-Force.
    Percy`s magic.

Quentin is awesome and he continues to be used bc of that

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I like Quentin, he's like the terrible love child of Xavier and Magneto. That said, I would like writers to have him acknowledge and make some kind of amends for his mistakes during the riot at Xavier's. And I would like for him to own his bullshit, by that I don't mean he should change his attitude, but he should be given a compelling reason for being such a little ass, and have some self awareness of that.

There was a reason why he did what he did, in story.

He recently found out about being adopted. So he wasn't too emotionally stable. He was basically doing the usual agsty teenage crap...being mouthy, questioning authority, trying to impress the "girl". Plus he was taking Kick.
    It's understandable.
    Besides, teenagers don't need much reason for being rebellious asses. At the end of the arc he was made fully aware of his transgressions.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    There was a reason why he did what he did, in story.
    Yeah, I know there were mitigating factors. I just don't like that writers often ignore the character's history and the damage he inflicted, that's a large part of the reason why the woobification of Glob doesn't work for me. I also think it is his involvement in that incident that a lot of readers use to dismiss the character, and admitting culpability could help his reputation with those readers. I feel like recent writers tend to use him as sort of a superficial rebellious snark prop, and I would just like them to spend a little time giving the character more depth than that.

I get what you're asking for but...personally, as someone who hated the character, admitting culpability now, for happenings decades ago, really isn't necessary or that important.
    I do tolerate him now, and he's basically still the same snarky, know-it-all little shit...except now he's not hyped up on drugs, and much more interesting.

I know he featured in Wolverine and the X-Men Run with something to do with the PF, so maybe there was some point of contrition there but...that entire run was quite forgettable and I dropped it early on. So...
    Someone else might be able to say.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-24-2020 at 10:16 AM.

BANNED

He was also a big factor in causing the Schism in the first place which is why Wolverine took him to the school to keep an eye on him. He continually does shitty things to the mutant community intentionally. He's a whiney brat. I don't love him or hate him. He's in the middle for me. Certainly better then Glob or that shitty Gabby character. And QQ gave Jubilee her powers back so he gets points for that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Quentin Quire is super popular among my LGBT friends. I don't know why.
    Because sassy young "stylish" men are coded as queer in many types of media.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Because sassy young "stylish" men are coded as queer in many types of media.
    Yeah, it's possible.

I think any queer coding comes from very surface level observations lol
    they probably just like reading him