Page 638 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 1385385886286346356366376386396406416426486887381138 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 22201
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If you can, please post the Bogdanovic artwork, if it's already on the open social media forum, it should be safe to post here. (I love getting new art teases.)

Personally, I can separate the (good) art from the (bad) artist.
    I'm certainly NOT getting rid of my The Authority and other Ellis collections...absolutely not.

From my perspective...me burning, getting rid of my collections (music, comics, books, art) by problematic artists does not change or even impact the broader context.
    I can choose not to buy anything further or add to my collection but even so...with the understanding that the artist only sees a mere percentage of monies used to purchase the product. (A much larger percentage goes to maintaining the Company as a whole and their ability to employ decent and talented creatives.)

Cancelling Ellis is all well and good but it does very little to change the systemic problems that are ever present in the industry...with or without the likes of Ellis and Stewart and Allie.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-27-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Bloody hell!!! Those panel are gorgeous.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Bloody hell!!! Those panel are gorgeous.
    No disrespect to Kubert, but Bogdanovic is the only reason I am picking up Wolverine. Kubert is just a nice bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    No disrespect to Kubert, but Bogdanovic is the only reason I am picking up Wolverine. Kubert is just a nice bonus.
    I know Kubert is the man draw...but I actually do prefer Bogdanovic's line work. (I was never a huge fan of Kubert since his early X-Men days)

[
    He was quite flippant in his response, which I can see being taken in the wrong way by the overly "sensitive"...but...I actually do agree with a couple of the more pertinent points.
    And he does raise an important point...what happens when men are on the receiving end of the unwanted behaviour and sexual misconduct?

For some "it's no laughing matter" but others (like myself) might see the message behind the flippancy.

Not every situation or misconstrued tweet (especially the fekkin' tweets) warrants bringing out the pitch forks and torches and the "Cancel Button".

why I knew people would make this less?

I already saw man talking about sexual harassment and was nothing like this. Brendan Fraser and terry Crews talked seriously, not on the mocking tone used by Viktor to describe that a slap on the ass made him feel like losing manliness,

And he put the problem on victims, not on the assaulters.

It was very hurtful what he wrote, I wouldn't mind to see him let go of x-bookshis art is just a copy of Capullo

The same way I knew people would be quick to sharpen the guillotine blade...I guess?

It's a perspective, one of many...no need to get pressed.

The same way I knew people would be quick to sharpen the guillotine blade...I guess?

It's a perspective, one of many...no need to get pressed.
    i'm not getting pressed. He was disrespectiful, he knew that and even deleted the tweet.

We are in 2020, people should know better

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was very hurtful what he wrote, I wouldn't mind to see him let go of x-bookshis art is just a copy of Capullo
    It was odd, but who cares. He is just some random person on Twitter, why do you care what he said amongst the millions of bad takes every day?

For what it is worth, more and more of these predators these days all seem to be the exact same guys you would see promoting these hashtags and attacking someone like Bogdanovic, so keep that in mind.

Oh, one last thing, but if his art was whatever you consider cool these days, would you not want to see him go? Just asking because you brought it up.

People need to develop thicker skin. Everyone is not going to agree with you all the time. And that’s okay. If you find that hurtful, well, it’s not meant to be. Maybe unplug for a minute, take a walk, and the offending point of view won’t matter so much if put in perspective. This guy is from a different country, with a different culture, maybe not quite as enlightened as you think he should be on this topic. Okay. Perhaps some folks can engage him in dialogue rather than social media “torches and pitchfork” behavior and change his perspective. That’s how this used to work, once upon a time. I really hope Marvel doesn’t boot him. His art is fantastic IMO. And that’s all that matters to me. I don’t give a crap what this guy thinks in his private life... within reason obviously (if he advocates for molesting children and cannibalism I think that would be a problem, for example).

Remember when it was okay to just not know what everyone thought on every issue under the sun? Good times. If creators were smart, they’d abandon social media with the quickness and find other ways to share their art with their fans and promote their work. It’s getting too risky out there to engage with fans because someone is always going to find something to be offended by unless you just say only what it is you know they want to hear, in which case why bother.

You gotta be joking...

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It was odd, but who cares. He is just some random person on Twitter, why do you care what he said amongst the millions of bad takes every day?

For what it is worth, more and more of these predators these days all seem to be the exact same guys you would see promoting these hashtags and attacking someone like Bogdanovic, so keep that in mind.

Oh, one last thing, but if his art was whatever you consider cool these days, would you not want to see him go? Just asking because you brought it up.
    he isn't a random person on twitter or we wouldn't comment on this right?

He is part of a community, that have been a place with multiple reports of sexual harassment and abuse.
    he should be more careful with what he says, he may be a rolemodel for new artists and if they think they can get away with this kinda of behavior, we are rolling back progress made.

why not? actions have consequences and he brings very little artistic value to the books. Why not Hire Capullo himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You gotta be joking...
    Not sure if this was directed at me or a post above. But I don’t really care. And it’s okay for me not to.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i'm not getting pressed. He was disrespectiful, he knew that and even deleted the tweet.

We are in 2020, people should know better
    His intent was construed as being disrespectful, by some. There's a difference.

I did not see it as disrespectful.

Yes, people should know better...that not every twitter infraction is cancel worthy, no matter how much you disagree with it.

Facebook and Twitter are outrage factories. We’re all being played. Right and left. We can’t even see it because we’re all so caught up in it as a society. I’m enjoying watching companies now pulling their advertising from them as part of the latest outrage cycle that’s playing out on social media, this time with social media itself at the center. Where will it ultimately end? I don’t know. But as a dispassionate observer I’m keenly interested.