Page 70 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374801201705701070 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 22341
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Not announced yet. I'll start teasing when we get closer but it WILL surprise you. You won't have thought of this in a million years... but visually, she's one of my favorite -- ulp! I've said too much!!! #xmenmonday

Looks like the new xbooks are unannounced and one of them might be a solo...from todays XmenMonday
    What are you talking about? They(X-office or what do you mean) announced or they are announcing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    What are you talking about? They(X-office or what do you mean) announced or they are announcing something?
    That was a tweet from Mark Pannicias twitter about the upcoming xbooks
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Love this cover! Definitely one of the best Art Adams has done in quite some time. I haven't been a fan of his work for a while now, but this is definitely a big step up. It's colorful, detailed, and shows plenty of epic potential. Really looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

That was a tweet from Mark Pannicias twitter about the upcoming xbooks
    Oh. i think it was a long time ago. And maybe it's about Storm.

Not announced yet. I'll start teasing when we get closer but it WILL surprise you. You won't have thought of this in a million years... but visually, she's one of my favorite -- ulp! I've said too much!!! #xmenmonday

Looks like the new xbooks are unannounced and one of them might be a solo...from todays XmenMonday
    Hmm...intriguing. Female X-character solo. Visually interesting character. Domino maybe? She is debuting in an upcoming movie, which will probably be big at the box office. Just a thought...

And that Cable page is creepy. Wonder who that is? Gideon perhaps?

There are definitely black Algerians. They are an oppressed minority since the days of the medieval Arab-Islamic expansion across north Africa, but they are the indigenous Algerians. Monet was initially presented as a black woman, the same color as Synch or Storm or Bishop. It wasn't until the post-GenX period that M began experiencing lightening.

Color issues aside, that Arthur Adams cover takes me back to the Gen X/Gen 13 crossovers back in the day!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hmm...intriguing. Female X-character solo. Visually interesting character. Domino maybe? She is debuting in an upcoming movie, which will probably be big at the box office. Just a thought...

And that Cable page is creepy. Wonder who that is? Gideon perhaps?
    Maybe a Dazzler ongoing? That one-shot does seem to have been cancelled!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    Oh. i think it was a long time ago. And maybe it's about Storm.
    This tweet was literally minutes ago.

This thread generally discusses his xmonday tweets.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

My guesses, from most to least likely: a Storm, Emma, Mystique, Dazzler, or Polaris solo.

Bunn replied on twitter that the cover's colors aren't final, so hopefully M will be properly pigmented on the final art.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    My guesses, from most to least likely: a Storm, Emma, Mystique, Dazzler, or Polaris solo.

Bunn replied on twitter that the cover's colors aren't final, so hopefully M will be properly pigmented on the final art.
    Doubt he's referring to Storm, her getting a solo isn't surprising to any of us. Maybe Dazzler?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There are definitely black Algerians. They are an oppressed minority since the days of the medieval Arab-Islamic expansion across north Africa, but they are the indigenous Algerians. Monet was initially presented as a black woman, the same color as Synch or Storm or Bishop. It wasn't until the post-GenX period that M began experiencing lightening.

Color issues aside, that Arthur Adams cover takes me back to the Gen X/Gen 13 crossovers back in the day!

Agreed on M. She was intended as a black character. The official Marvel site had an article celebrating it's black heroes, and Monet was one of the heroes listed. It was never ambiguous or controversial until the unnecessary whitening. After PAD got complaints from fans on M's white-washing, and had to start making her a bit darker again, I thought Marvel learned not to do that. But clearly not. She & Sunspot are just gonna go back & forth on this. They'll be black in one series & white in the next. lol

But oh well. Can't get too OT. Be a better discussion for M's Appreciation thread. As someone mentioned Bunn saying the covers weren't final. So maybe M just hasn't been tweaked yet.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-04-2017 at 01:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Monet was from Monaco. Her father was an Algerian ambassador...they wouldn't have been the "oppressed minority" those in the diplomatic core are usually ones with connections and money BEFORE they have the position.

Monet was brown & she's always been brown. There are far less brown people of color portrayed in comics than there are black people of color portrayed in comics. It's far more inclusive to think of her as a type that was never portrayed before in comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Monet was from Monaco. Her father was an Algerian ambassador...they wouldn't have been the "oppressed minority" those in the diplomatic core are usually ones with connections and money BEFORE they have the position.

Monet was brown & she's always been brown. There are far less brown people of color portrayed in comics than there are black people of color portrayed in comics. It's far more inclusive to think of her as a type that was never portrayed before in comics.
    My opinion is that she was always meant to be "black" (as in black for American standards because of the one drop rule), but Bachalo and Lobdell must have thought that all Africa is the same so they picked Algeria. It would have been better if they had picked Senegal or Ivory Coast for the nationality of the father instead of Algeria.
    The most famous native indigenous Algerians are soccer/football players Zinedine Zidane and Karim Bensema, both Kabyle Berbers. They arent black, and they arent either from a high class background, their parents emmigrated to France.

But I do see her as half black because that is probably what they intended to do.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    My opinion is that she was always meant to be "black" (as in black for American standards because of the one drop rule), but Bachalo and Lobdell must have thought that all Africa is the same so they picked Algeria. It would have been better if they had picked Senegal or Ivory Coast for the nationality of the father instead of Algeria.
    The most famous native indigenous Algerians are soccer/football players Zinedine Zidane and Karim Bensema, both Kabyle Berbers. They arent black, and they arent either from a high class background, their parents emmigrated to France.

But I do see her as half black because that is probably what they intended to do.
    I haven't seen her mother. But yeah, black or mixed-black seems most likely. We saw a pic of her brother w/o his mask. Pix of her father.
    CSC2.jpg
    CSC1.jpg
    CSC3.jpg

Some do have a misconception of Africa. They think Africa is all or mostly black. And possibly did just pick a place at random. Somali could've worked. I read comments from people that thought African, the term in itself, meant black and that there weren't white Africans. So some are very ignorant in that regard.

But far as Monet goes, she was created as a black character. But like Sunspot, they started white-washing her once she branched out more.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-04-2017 at 02:21 PM.

HEAVY hints that Rosenberg will not only write the new book but it may be the new X-Force/X-Factor:

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...57909710688256
    https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...59604259762177
    https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...51335965372416

I'm super excited to see Siryn again but I hope he continues from her status as the Morrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

Race always trumps class. No mstter how much money you have or what position you own, ppl will always see race first. This is literally the backstory of Sunspot. His father was rich yet the white kids pretty clearly make out that they still don't like Roberto for the plain fact that he's black.

And Monet is black. That isn't something up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    She looks more like Dani Moonstar than M.
    I remember when PD tried to pull off and entirely white Monet and got mad when ppl asked for her to be dark again.

Not announced yet. I'll start teasing when we get closer but it WILL surprise you. You won't have thought of this in a million years... but visually, she's one of my favorite -- ulp! I've said too much!!! #xmenmonday Looks like the new xbooks are unannounced and one of them might be a solo...from todays XmenMonday
    They said "the coloring wasn't done" which didn't really make much sense. Storm looks accurate and Synch is.....passable I guess but I don't think that's how the coloring process works?
    Last edited by Tycon; 12-04-2017 at 02:23 PM.