Page 710 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2106106607007067077087097107117127137147207608101210 ... LastLast
Results 10,636 to 10,650 of 22277

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    could cable/nate grey be the first multiple omegas ?
    The thing is, at the genetic level they have the same potential because they are "the same person".

But Nate Grey doesn't exist anymore in 616, he was conveniently taken out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The thing is, at the genetic level they have the same potential because they are "the same person".

But Nate Grey doesn't exist anymore in 616, he was conveniently taken out of the equation.
    what I am asking is ..... was sinister tampering instrumental in making them both omega tk and omega tp at the same time?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Cable without the TO virus is Stryfe. Who is also conveniently off the table....

I actually don’t know if it’s an X-men tease. But it’s his X of Swords uniform.

5CF1EEFE-CD28-4BFB-940E-534659D9585D.jpg

^^^
    EXCALIBUR 15 variant COVER

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    what I am asking is ..... was sinister tampering instrumental in making them both omega tk and omega tp at the same time?
    Sinister didnt tamper with Cable. He was concieved the natural way. Maddie was an exact replica of Jean and I dont recall it being stated that he enhanced any of her genetics to make it such that she would have a higher chance of producing an omega child

Cable is no mystery: He is nerfed by the techno-organic virus.

Cable without the virus in Deadpool/Cable and Nate Grey are omegas.
    No Nate wasnt. Omegas have unlimited potential which is something Nate Grey has never had. From early on it was stated that his powers would eventually kill him bc they would cause him to burn out. He was super powerful but had limits early on and given the Hickman definition, would be ruled out based on that.
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-20-2020 at 11:56 AM.

I don't think they're the same in that way. Their genetic identities would be more like "brothers". They have the same starting parent DNA, but they're not clones nor were they conceived in the same way before their realities diverged.

Cable was born from the union of Cyclops and Madelyne. Nate Grey was created in a lab from the DNA of Cyclops and Jean Grey.

That's how I see if from a science standpoint, but I guess in the comic book world it could be interpreted as Nate being an "alternate reality Cable".

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I don't think they're the same in that way. Their genetic identities would be more like "brothers". They have the same starting parent DNA, but they're not clones nor were they conceived in the same way before their realities diverged.

Cable was born from the union of Cyclops and Madelyne. Nate Grey was created in a lab from the DNA of Cyclops and Jean Grey.

That's how I see if from a science standpoint, but I guess in the comic book world it could be interpreted as Nate being an "alternate reality Cable".
    I agree with you, scientifically they should not be the same person, but in comics they are.

In fact, the first few times they were together they suffered migraines because their telepathies reacted to the detection of a mind equal to itself.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Has there ever been a plot in which Shaw was not a big bad wannabe in which he ended up pathetically humiliated?
    The movie first class
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

How ironic. Jean's son is the sinister experiment while Cable came from an actual relationship.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

X of Swords, aka the Make Me Like Brian Braddock Challenge. A tad miffed that Kwannon, Kurt, or INDRA (lol) were robbed a spot as a Krakoan Swordbearer, but I suppose the Otherworld/Omniverse components of this story make him a fitting inclusion.

BANNED

Cable is no mystery: He is nerfed by the techno-organic virus.

Cable without the virus in Deadpool/Cable and Nate Grey are omegas.
    still got casually one shot by the silver surfer. Which is not entirely a bad showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    still got casually one shot by the silver surfer. Which is not entirely a bad showing.
    He wasn't one-shot by Silver Surfer, he was able to break his surfboard.

Anyway, I don't think losing to the Silver Surfer is embarrassing or something. He is one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    X of Swords, aka the Make Me Like Brian Braddock Challenge. A tad miffed that Kwannon, Kurt, or INDRA (lol) were robbed a spot as a Krakoan Swordbearer, but I suppose the Otherworld/Omniverse components of this story make him a fitting inclusion.
    Tbh I really hope Hickman does something to make Betsy Braddock stand out as Captain Britain because 12 issues in and Tini has pretty much failed to justify the reasoning of turning Captain Betsy. I'm hoping for at least three iconic moments from her during this event.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Tbh I really hope Hickman does something to make Betsy Braddock stand out as Captain Britain because 12 issues in and Tini has pretty much failed to justify the reasoning of turning Captain Betsy. I'm hoping for at least three iconic moments from her during this event.
    The reasoning is trying to get away from the fact that for years they had a white woman using the body of an asian one. When they decided to separate them, they came to realise that the name Psylocke is associated with an asian ninja woman and not the white british aristocrat, so Kwannon get to be Psylocke and Betsy needed a new name, so the took the tittle from her way less popular brother that not even is a mutant.