Page 72 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576821221725721072 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 22298
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    By your logic she should have never been colored the same as Synch, Storm, and Bishop. Most Algerians are basically white in appearance, but there are black Algerians. So, if she was named American in her origin, would she be white or black or something else entirely? You are conflating nationality with ethnicity/race.
    If they wanted her to be black instead of arab they would have given her a Sub-Saharan origin instead of Algerian.

God forbid a character is something other than binary colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Those listings aren't races. There are black French people. This is a problem with many. They get race confused with Nationality and Ethnicity. And as such, arguments are born from the ignorance. Like people thinking Latinos are some kind of separate race, but they're not. Latino is an Ethnicity and it's now listed as such on forms. It's not a singular race. Monet was introduced racially as black. Her Nationality & Ethnicity are another matter.

And again, for anyone who missed it. This is an article from the Official Marvel site.
    https://news.marvel.com/comics/22049..._super_heroes/
    Monet is listed, along side Bishop as a black superhero.
    That is an article from a freelance writer who has never written anything related to Monet St. Croix that isn't an official list.

Can we please go back to where this thread is all about! PLEASE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JACKY JAWS View Post
    Can we please go back to where this thread is all about! PLEASE
    yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    You're interpretation of what you see and what's written in the book are two different things. She was introduced as Algerian...which is 99% Arab/Bedouin. Which makes her much more of a minority. Stop trying to claim her as black because that's what you see. She was introduced as Algerian.

You don't see arguments for the white characters being claimed to be Irish/Russian/German/French based off of the skin color the artist decided to use. You know their ethnicity because of their backstory.

By your logical Nightcrawler and Mystique are black because they're so black they're actually blue.
    Writers aren't the only ones that get to create. Monet was created by Lobdell, the writer AND Bachalo, the artist. What you see does matter. And too clarify, Mystique and Nightcrawler are not so black they are coloured blue, they are actually the color blue due to their mutation. And we know Colossus is white because of how he looks, not because he's Russian, black Russians exist.

For a franchise supposedly about diversity, X-Fans are surprisingly obtuse about real race relations.

As if there are no black Africans in northern Africa....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

We all know race & sexuality are the most heated / controversial topics. So they really take off. And usually, there's never any agreement. Things just spin in circles. I should've learned by now....lol

The topic was born from the art on the cover. Once some new art teases come out, the topic will get buried. Just a matter of waiting until something new is released. I found some small sketches on an artists twitter, but posting them wouldn't bring much discussion. lol
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-05-2017 at 10:19 AM.

I would LOVE to see them! Please post them!

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    I would LOVE to see them! Please post them!
    They were just small sketches Cinar did of Sabretooth from Weapon X. As a fan, I like them. But I don't expect many others to. lol

If you enjoy nice artwork -regardless of the character, then here they are.
    DO7j-UGWAAEmIGs.jpg
    DIbsn8NXcAAlams.jpg
    Getting him on art is the one thing Greg Hack did right.

I am gonna try to find the other sketches he did. He had some good ones for Domino too.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-05-2017 at 10:23 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Here's a few sketches from New Mutants: Dead Souls

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

They were just small sketches Cinar did of Sabretooth from Weapon X. As a fan, I like them. But I don't expect many others to. lol

DO7j-UGWAAEmIGs.jpg
    DIbsn8NXcAAlams.jpg
    Getting him on art is the one think Greg Hack did right.

I am gonna try to find the other sketches he did. He had some good ones for Domino too.
    Coooool art!

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Best art on Sabretooth in a while. Especially after Greg Land & Ken Lashley . lol

But found the Domino pix. He does a great Domino too, imo.
    DOSlpsNW4AApWjv.jpg
    DOhTLwjXkAIkL3F.jpg
    DOhTLwjXkAIkL3Fe.jpg
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-05-2017 at 10:41 AM.

DO7j-UGWAAEmIGs.jpg
    DIbsn8NXcAAlams.jpg
    Getting him on art is the one thing Greg Hack did right.

Solid. Got any Logan ones? I like his art. And his Creed looks good. Though I prefer the shorter haired look he had in Uncanny X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Solid. Got any Logan ones? I like his art. And his Creed looks good. Though I prefer the shorter haired look he had in Uncanny X-men.
    Creed's Uncanny look was my favorite too. Just sad the best artists wasn't drawing. The best Uncanny Creed was drawn by Matteo Loli in Deadpool. lol
    2f.jpg

Anyway, I think I did see some Logan pix. I'll have to check. I'll post them when I find them.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-05-2017 at 10:55 AM.