Page 727 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 2276276777177237247257267277287297307317377778271227 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,905 of 22327
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Are people forgetting Calisto and Storm kicking ass in the Arena?
    Enh! I just left it up to wilfull ignorance. There are no art teases so...I really can't be bothered.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Prodigy is up there too. Or at least he sould.
    Hes not. Knowing something and being able to utilize that knowledge are different things.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Hes not. Knowing something and being able to utilize that knowledge are different things.
    Lol his Power literally allows him to acquire the knowledge ....not Just the "know how" but also the " how to".
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    People are also forgetting Storm sees the electrical reactions in the mind so where she may not have super human reflexes she has a prediction like ability when fighting.
    This but also some of y’all seem to forget that Storm’s backstory doesn’t start at being the “untouchable powerful Goddess of the Serengeti”. She didn’t grow up in a manor house or a suburb or even an orphanage like Betsy, Jean, and Scott respectively. She was raised on the streets of Cairo fighting and scrapping to survive. Realistically she would be naturally scrappy due to the innate danger of her surroundings at this part of her life. She killed her first man who was trying to rape her at an age when most other mutants don’t even know they’re different yet. If I remember correctly Claremont directly infers as much on the page when Callisto chucks the knife at her and she snatches it out of the air at the very last moment, to the visible shock of everyone even the X-men in the room. That’s one of my favorite things about her is that for all of her power, regality, and serene nature Ororo is a bad bitch from the start to her core. She will literally cut you to survive and not think twice about it. I honestly see the benevolent Goddess persona as a facade she grew into to not only be responsible with her powers but to put her rough past behind her. All of that plus being personally trained by some of the best H2H fighters in the world i.e Wolverine, Yukio, T’challa? Idk if I can get behind the narrative that she “doesn’t deserve” the clout she gets as a serious H2H combatant. It actually makes perfect sense, a lot more than some other people. If there were tiers she would definitely be a Tier 2 fighter imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    People are also forgetting Storm sees the electrical reactions in the mind so where she may not have super human reflexes she has a prediction like ability when fighting.
    These "progressions" in Ororo's powers are too much for me.

I can get on board with any and all weather/atmospheric stuff because ABSOLUTELY but then when writers streeeeetch (And they do this with Magneto too) to this level it just makes my brain hurt. Must be the electrical reactions in my mind acting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

I can get on board with any and all weather/atmospheric stuff because ABSOLUTELY but then when writers streeeeetch (And they do this with Magneto too) to this level it just makes my brain hurt. Must be the electrical reactions in my mind acting up.
    Agreed. Being able to predict her enemies' moves by reading eletric reactions in their brains is too much of a reach. And we're talking superhero comics.
    Storm is already extremely formidable without these needless "power-ups".

Astonishing Member

Nanny on a horses
    Nanny.jpg

From xmen monday

BANNED

Magneto being able to pull off a freaking wormhole from Genosha to the Avengers Mansion really stretched my suspension of desbelief, but I guess with omega level, everything is on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Nanny on a horses
    Nanny.jpg
    From xmen monday
    Save a horse! Ride a Nanny!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Nanny on a horses
    Nanny.jpg

From xmen monday
    This is everything I wanted from a line-wide X-Men reboot, and more. We can go back to
    Guggenheim's uncomfortably self-indulgent Kitty Pryde fanfic now.

Magnetism isn't even the same thing as Electromagnetism, but Stan Lee had Magneto pulling ridiculous crap like deflecting distinctly non-ferro-magnetic snowballs from the very first issue. Maybe the Insane Clown Posse had a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Magnetism isn't even the same thing as Electromagnetism, but Stan Lee had Magneto pulling ridiculous crap like deflecting distinctly non-ferro-magnetic snowballs from the very first issue. Maybe the Insane Clown Posse had a point.
    Yes, and I'm sure there is plenty of ill-informed choices like that over the years in regard to appropriate power applications and the lengths by which they can extend.
    We have the internet now.
    Do the research -- and even IF we can apply "...we... TECHNICALLY...." to any given mutant's power versatility -- it may not always be a GOOD idea. hahaha

Astonishing Member

Don't like saying this (because i know the character in her current state has her many fans). But i get the feeling this increasing overreach in what the character can do both with and without her powers, might be one reason so few writers seem to really use her as a character, instead designating her to the role of a tool for resolving situations or backround filler when put on teams.
    Basicly the possibility that she has become so bombastic in power and skill and with an ego to match (not saying she is a jerk, but that she has a lot of self confidence), with so few weaknesses or corners in her character (it's good to have a fundamentaly moral character around, don't get me wrong) that writers might simply not know what to do with her anymore and it's just her A-list status that keeps her on books.

Also of course she isn't the only A-lister where these things seems to have gotten out of controll with what their powers can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    This but also some of y’all seem to forget that Storm’s backstory doesn’t start at being the “untouchable powerful Goddess of the Serengeti”. She didn’t grow up in a manor house or a suburb or even an orphanage like Betsy, Jean, and Scott respectively. She was raised on the streets of Cairo fighting and scrapping to survive. Realistically she would be naturally scrappy due to the innate danger of her surroundings at this part of her life. She killed her first man who was trying to rape her at an age when most other mutants don’t even know they’re different yet. If I remember correctly Claremont directly infers as much on the page when Callisto chucks the knife at her and she snatches it out of the air at the very last moment, to the visible shock of everyone even the X-men in the room. That’s one of my favorite things about her is that for all of her power, regality, and serene nature Ororo is a bad bitch from the start to her core. She will literally cut you to survive and not think twice about it. I honestly see the benevolent Goddess persona as a facade she grew into to not only be responsible with her powers but to put her rough past behind her. All of that plus being personally trained by some of the best H2H fighters in the world i.e Wolverine, Yukio, T’challa? Idk if I can get behind the narrative that she “doesn’t deserve” the clout she gets as a serious H2H combatant. It actually makes perfect sense, a lot more than some other people. If there were tiers she would definitely be a Tier 2 fighter imo.

I totally agree with this. Predicting moves via electrical brain impulses is totally ridiculous though. If they ever retconned it Storm's stans would probably riot, they're like Batman's in that they need her to be able to do anything and everything for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I totally agree with this. Predicting moves via electrical brain impulses is totally ridiculous though. If they ever retconned it Storm's stans would probably riot, they're like Batman's in that they need her to be able to do anything and everything for whatever reason.
    When you think about it, global financial systems are a kind of weather.