Page 730 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 2306306807207267277287297307317327337347407808301230 ... LastLast
Results 10,936 to 10,950 of 22207

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Those are some good points and i have to admit it makes my percieved issue with how her power and skill level make her potentialy difficult to write quite weak as argument.

Though i think in case of Magneto he might be more compelling to write because he keeps bouncing between heroic and villanous qualities like a ping pong ball, which gives writers more opportunities to write the character in different ways (moraly grey characters seem to be the popular thing among writers for a while now). Same goes for Emma Frost. While as i mentioned Storm is a fundamentaly moral character and to break that would cause a massive uproar (just see the reaction to the reveal how Storm not Cecilia Reyes was original meant to be the evil warden in the New Mutants movie).
    But that's not a hill i'm willing to die on, especaly since many of the characters you mentioned as overexposed and/or overpowered are not any i'm particular thrilled about seeing constantly either (i can respect Cyclops though).

Can't say i could come up with much to do with Storm as a writer, but i wouldn't find much for those characters either, including Magneto who i wholeheartedly agree got ridiculous in his powers. So maybe i'm biased against high powered characters in general.

So again. I think you are right and i should re-examine my partial feeling towards what made Storm so weakly written over the last decades in comics, cartoons and movies.
    Not to derail this thread too much, but I often feel like Storm is often oversimplified by writers as well. Yes she’s a moral character but she’s also one of the most cut throat X-Men and in the Claremont days she was really pushing the envelope of the mutant rights storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    From the little mystic moon on the Pale Horse's head as well as Toga Boy's spear, I'd say yup. They're in Otherworld somewhere.
    I hope you're right and i hope we'll see Betsy and Kwannon interact. I have all the time in the world for Zeb writing this interaction.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Not to derail this thread too much, but I often feel like Storm is often oversimplified by writers as well. Yes she’s a moral character but she’s also one of the most cut throat X-Men and in the Claremont days she was really pushing the envelope of the mutant rights storylines.
    That's what I like about Mauraders sometimes she's in her "benevolent goddess" persona but when she gets pissed she turns into "cut a hoe if you dare me" Storm lol

Considering the lack of previews for Hellions some really plot important ish better be going down in that book.

It had better be important ish. My Yesh Qween arc was cut short because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

should get some x-men king in black news at the end of the week including sword isue 2 details not sure if any other books are tieing in but pretty sure there me something similair to an what they did with the 4 issue x-men empyre book just 1 writer though

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That's why the recent Marauders was good. It was a very controversial issue, but that's why I liked it. Storm wasn't entirely in the right and wasn't a paragon of virtue. Usually she's too pacifist under current writers. Here was a return of her edge and grittiness.
    Last edited by Saturius; 10-14-2020 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    That's why the recent Marauders was good. It was a very controversial issue, but that's why I liked it. Storm wasn't entirely in the right and wasn't a paragon of virtue. Usually she's too pacifist under current writers. Here was a return of her edge and grittiness.
    Agreed. That was one of the best Storm issues in ages. I hope Ayala will write her regularly after XoS.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    should get some x-men king in black news at the end of the week including sword isue 2 details not sure if any other books are tieing in but pretty sure there me something similair to an what they did with the 4 issue x-men empyre book just 1 writer though
    I hope X-Men King in Black will get to shine X-Men who are not in Swords like Gambit, Rogue and Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I hope X-Men King in Black will get to shine X-Men who are not in Swords like Gambit, Rogue and Bishop.
    thats what many were hoping for with Empyre and it ended up being a Magik showcase after the first issue

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats what many were hoping for with Empyre and it ended up being a Magik showcase after the first issue
    Magik in DOX has a huge push. Mybe it is Hickman or Editors but everything with her ends up as her showcase so far.

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

lovelovelove...can't wait for SWORD.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

CA412.jpg

Is it me or does Phil Noto draw Jean like CNN anchor Erin Burnett? I'm sure he uses her as a photo reference

That Noto cover is MAGNIFICENT. I've never wanted to BE Cable more.

Marauders 14 Variant
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer