Page 761 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 2616617117517577587597607617627637647657718118611261 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,415 of 22328
    Spectacular Member

Seeing them on the cover where Darwin and Synch look so old, makes me wonder what would happen if they died shortly upon returning. Would they be resurrected in a body aged to the time they left which would match latest Cerebro backup or at the time of their death.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I like that Laura's Wolverine again.
    I wish that she'd replace him permanently.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Seeing them on the cover where Darwin and Synch look so old, makes me wonder what would happen if they died shortly upon returning. Would they be resurrected in a body aged to the time they left which would match latest Cerebro backup or at the time of their death.
    They'd be put in bodies at their physical prime like everyone else... unless they specifically request otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The outside of the Vault would be jungle. We saw a marvelous technological hologram looking interior in number five, but maybe that's just a projection. I think this is them 'stepping in', even though they teleported in to begin with.
    Past that, the picture wouldn't really jibe with what we saw of the "Inside..." of the vault in issue #5.

Not impossible that it could be a different part, but it doesn't appear to be what we have seen of it thus far.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    They'd be put in bodies at their physical prime like everyone else... unless they specifically request otherwise.
    Mastermind didn't look like he was in his prime.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Huh, I wonder if they did die shortly after leaving, and Xavier made a copy of them, would it corrupt it? It's been like 500 years. Maybe the Children of the Vault already got a lot of info from them, about how everything in Krakoa works and are planning on sabotaging them.
    Last edited by Viteh; 11-14-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

Know what's funny if they had hindsight touch the vault he would have learned everything about it making the whole expedition pointless

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Huh, I wonder if they did die shortly after leaving, and Xavier made a copy of them, would it corrupt it? It's been like 500 years. Maybe the Child of the Vault already got a lot of info from them, about how everything in Krakoa works and are planning on sabotaging them.
    Why would it corrupt as the mind was already downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Why would it corrupt as the mind was already downloaded
    The whole point was to get info from the Children of the Vault, I'm assuming Xavier would download a version right after they come out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Same here. Writers have more freedom to do experimental stuff with her while logan is slowly becoming a mad lib

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Huh, I wonder if they did die shortly after leaving, and Xavier made a copy of them, would it corrupt it? It's been like 500 years. Maybe the Children of the Vault already got a lot of info from them, about how everything in Krakoa works and are planning on sabotaging them.
    They have copies of Apocalypse, which has thousands of years of memories. I don't think 500 years is problematic for Cerebro.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Same here. Writers have more freedom to do experimental stuff with her while logan is slowly becoming a mad lib
    Logan is always going to be a big part of the X-books and the Marvel U, but even as a huge Logan fan I’ve gone on record as saying I wouldn’t mind Laura taking the Wolverine mantle permanently. With him leading black ops missions in X-Force and just being a darker character in general than her — especially as she tries to rise above what they made her to be — I could see him saying, “You keep the codename, darlin’. Be a better superhero than I ever was.”

Feels totally in character, and with this upcoming story arc in the Wolverine series after X of Swords involving Maverick and his past with Team X and whatnot, it seems like the perfect time. Especially with Laura coming back out of The Vault finally. Something happens. It’s dark and bloody. Logan is brooding afterwards, feeling like he’s murderous scum, and he and Laura have this heart to heart. The next story arc in Logan’s solo book sees the title rebranded as Weapon X, as I’ve always loved that codename ever since the AOA when his series became Weapon X for four issues and that was his codename. Fond memories of that event.

Glad to see Laura is coming back. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Logan is always going to be a big part of the X-books and the Marvel U, but even as a huge Logan fan I’ve gone on record as saying I wouldn’t mind Laura taking the Wolverine mantle permanently. With him leading black ops missions in X-Force and just being a darker character in general than her — especially as she tries to rise above what they made her to be — I could see him saying, “You keep the codename, darlin’. Be a better superhero than I ever was.”

Feels totally in character, and with this upcoming story arc in the Wolverine series after X of Swords involving Maverick and his past with Team X and whatnot, it seems like the perfect time. Especially with Laura coming back out of The Vault finally. Something happens. It’s dark and bloody. Logan is brooding afterwards, feeling like he’s murderous scum, and he and Laura have this heart to heart. The next story arc in Logan’s solo book sees the title rebranded as Weapon X, as I’ve always loved that codename ever since the AOA when his series became Weapon X for four issues and that was his codename. Fond memories of that event.

Have no problem with the first part. Him going just by Logan in story, I can live with this. But Logan will always be my Wolverine,tho.

Disagree on the second part. For me, him going by Weapon X, after all what the project did to him, is as bad as Laura going by x 23.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 11-14-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Laura wants to be the "heroic wolverine" and hold the hero stuff on a higher standards and fits being a super hero better then logan. Logan is at his peak when its morals gray and accepts doing the diry deeds so no one else has to. Taking logan to the point where his code leaves people wondering whether he is a villan or not fits him better. Splitting the superhero parts from logan would probably lead to some great stuff for him

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Disagree on the second part. For me, him going by Weapon X, after all what the project did to him, is as bad as Laura going by x 23.
    I kind of view it as him taking his power back. Asserting his control over what they made him, as opposed to vice versa and being controlled. Embracing the fact that he is a weapon, designed to do the things other heroes just can’t or won’t do. But he does it by his own moral code. Makes sense to me anyway, and I think a good writer like Percy could sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Laura wants to be the "heroic wolverine" and hold the hero stuff on a higher standards and fits being a super hero better then logan. Logan is at his peak when its morals gray and accepts doing the diry deeds so no one else has to. Taking logan to the point where his code leaves people wondering whether he is a villan or not fits him better. Splitting the superhero parts from logan would probably lead to some great stuff for him
    Agree. It always made Logan highly interesting back in the 80s, when the other heroes kind of feared him at times thinking he was a murderous psychopath. Gave him an edge. And since the rumors indicate that the MCU could go in this direction with his eventual introduction there, it would seem like the timing would be right for this kind of shift in direction.

It’s interesting to think about it anyway. Doubt it will happen. Probably they’ll just both go by Wolverine, which for some reason is more annoying to me personally. They’ve done that with Peter Parker and Miles Morales, though. And it seems to be working okay. But I’m not nearly as big of a Spider-man fan as I am a Wolverine one, hence why it doesn’t bother me over there in the Spidey books.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 11-14-2020 at 10:14 AM.