Page 780 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 2806807307707767777787797807817827837847908308801280 ... LastLast
Results 11,686 to 11,700 of 22341

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Awesome! THANKS i love Lila and Risque and with only a few panels Peeper has stole my heart.
    I just found Armor. Attachment 103283
    This is really nice. Love this design. The one by Noto was good too, but this looks better.

... I really hate Knull. He is just Gorr/Venom/Joker. Oh, the heroes have been controlled by the villain! So original!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The Sword cast is looking better than most of Krakoa....

Kudos to the artist.
    So many characters though. Feels like this needs to be more frequent than monthly to actually utilize that sprawling cast as anything more than window dressing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So many characters though. Feels like this needs to be more frequent than monthly to actually utilize that sprawling cast as anything more than window dressing.
    I think that would be spreading things a little too thin. Ewing has a core cast of characters that he plans to utilize I think he should stick with that rather than try to give every character equal spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I can't believe SWORD's tie-ins with King in Black are going to last to issue 4. As soon as a series begins and they screw it up with three tie in with an event.

S.W.O.R.D. #4
    AL EWING (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A/C)
    KRAKOA, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

The mutants are dying. Their island is dying. Earth itself is dying. All hope for humanity as a species lies in Protocol V. Protocol V isn’t going to work.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I couldn't care any less for all that KiB rubbish but SWORD 01 was awesome so I'm just here for the stellar art and gorgeous cover...I can pretty much ignore the story-points if I absolutely must.

Damn it! I can't decide who to put as number one Favourite Artist...Valerio or Pepe.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-18-2020 at 04:28 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I couldn't be less excited for King in Black. I hope it doesn't derail the X-books and GotG too much.

Al Ewing will handle the tie-in to King Is Black like a pro, but it still rankles. Was reading his Ultimates last week and the three issue tie-in to Civil War 2 really detracts from what was probably the best book at the time. You’re reading thinking “why would I care about all this Ulysses bullshit when the fate of the whole Cosmos is at stake?” It’s also noticeable that the art team is constantly in flux after that, though I feel that SWORD is too new to get shuffled around like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Al Ewing will handle the tie-in to King Is Black like a pro, but it still rankles. Was reading his Ultimates last week and the three issue tie-in to Civil War 2 really detracts from what was probably the best book at the time. You’re reading thinking “why would I care about all this Ulysses bullshit when the fate of the whole Cosmos is at stake?” It’s also noticeable that the art team is constantly in flux after that, though I feel that SWORD is too new to get shuffled around like that.
    Yeah, Al Ewing will probably deal better than most with King in Black and they are probably good comics. But it's still KiB and it still feels like something totally unnecessary that kills the momentum of # 1.

Hellions dealt with it better, had time to close a narrative arc before X of Swords, it feels more natural. Here it is too drastic. They should have either created SWORD afterwards or the founding of SWORD was in response to Knull.

"Good King in Black" is not as good as it could be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I couldn't be less excited for King in Black. I hope it doesn't derail the X-books and GotG too much.
    Quill returning only to be greeted by a symbiote dragon had me bitter. I hope Ewing manages to deal with this stuff well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm getting tired of seeing Spider-man surviving world ending threats, while all the other heroes falter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I'm getting tired of seeing Spider-man surviving world ending threats, while all the other heroes falter.
    I’m getting tired of world ending threats....

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    S.W.O.R.D. #4
    AL EWING (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A/C)
    KRAKOA, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

The mutants are dying. Their island is dying. Earth itself is dying. All hope for humanity as a species lies in Protocol V. Protocol V isn’t going to work.
    Maybe Knull banishes Cable to a black hole where time passes more quickly, and he returns as the older OG looking Cable? One can hope.

Well, speaking of Cable, in Avengers: X-Sanction he does say that Spider-man was the greatest hero in recorded history or something like that. In his future at least. :shrug:

I'm very upset with the event but I'm not going to be upset that in a Venom event, Spider-man has more prominence than other heroes.