Page 787 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 2876877377777837847857867877887897907917978378871287 ... LastLast
Results 11,791 to 11,805 of 22326
    Mighty Member

ADF7A0AF-677A-48CF-8121-EA4F55AE38D9.jpg

Dazzler and Rogue look great.
    I would definitely like to see Dazzler in that costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    There's no point. Hickman could have Jean Grey throw a moon at her enemies and certain people would still complain that she should have thrown TWO moons.
    Making this comment implies she has done something that makes the idea of her throwing the moon only remotely hyperbolic.

She has been closer to fainting on sight than looking like an average superhero when written by Hickman and that's intentional. You already know you don't have a point in saying this.

All of those Booth costumes seem like variants on the final O5 X-Factor costumes... and I loved those too short lived costumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    ADF7A0AF-677A-48CF-8121-EA4F55AE38D9.jpg

Dazzler and Rogue look great.
    I would definitely like to see Dazzler in that costume
    Looks overly designed. I had bad flashbacks of his TT designs. Ugh

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Yeah she’s wearing a trench coat. Dazzler would never.

I do like the mask.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I do like the mask.
    I mean I like Dazzler in a mask or makeup too but let it be a mirrorball full face shield (homage to spirals mask for her) and call it a day.

Yeah he needs a colorist that will make his 90s era work look good. So here's hoping that Marte Gracia can elevate it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Making this comment implies she has done something that makes the idea of her throwing the moon only remotely hyperbolic.

She has been closer to fainting on sight than looking like an average superhero when written by Hickman and that's intentional. You already know you don't have a point in saying this.
    The point my dear Mary Poppins is that people will literally twist any achievement Jean does under Hickman's pen and immediately minimize it like you yourself have been known to do ever since HoX #4 dropped. We get it you want Jean to be some eternally self-confidence super goddess who shows off her Omega Level Feats every other issue and regularly takes charge of the X-Men and consistently self-righteously slaps down Xavier and Cyclops and if she doesn't live up to this High ideal in people's minds then obviously Hickman is trying to turn her into some sort of sexist 60s and 90s amalgamation of the worst aspects of Jean Grey.

BANNED

The point my dear Mary Poppins is that people will literally twist any achievement Jean does under Hickman's pen and immediately minimize it like you yourself have been known to do ever since HoX #4 dropped. We get it you want Jean to be some eternally self-confidence super goddess who shows off her Omega Level Feats every other issue and regularly takes charge of the X-Men and consistently self-righteously slaps down Xavier and Cyclops and if she doesn't live up to this High ideal in people's minds then obviously Hickman is trying to turn her into some sort of sexist 60s and 90s amalgamation of the worst aspects of Jean Grey.
    Again: what achievements?

Again, your hyperbole about what Jean fans want doesn't fit with what has been seen in the comic. Which is fine. Post what you want, but I'm just pointing that out lol.

BANNED

i mean that was pretty much x-men red.

Astonishing Member

Again: what achievements?

Again, your hyperbole about what Jean fans want doesn't fit with what has been seen in the comic. Which is fine. Post what you want, but I'm just pointing that out lol.
    Off the top of my head.

Keeping a TP link open with Xavier while being thousands of miles away from Earth, casually mentally shutting down Sabertooth, successfully pulling off the resurrection of Xavier on her first try, atomizing a bunch of plant zombies, wrapped her teammates in a telekinetic bubble that not only survived the destruction of their spaceship but as well as with the re-entry into the atmosphere while traveling hundreds of thousands of miles an hour all without breaking a sweat and immediately engage the Brood after this, mind blasted a horde of Vescora and astro projected herself through a dimensional rift, stood up to the QC and had no qualms about giving up her seat at the table, lead the charge against Arrako's army.

But hey apparently she's just been on the verge of fainting spells all the time.

BANNED

Off the top of my head.

Keeping a TP link open with Xavier while being thousands of miles away from Earth, casually mentally shutting down Sabertooth, successfully pulling off the resurrection of Xavier on her first try, atomizing a bunch of plant zombies, wrapped her teammates in a telekinetic bubble that not only survived the destruction of their spaceship but as well as with the re-entry into the atmosphere while traveling hundreds of thousands of miles an hour all without breaking a sweat and immediately engage the Brood after this, mind blasted a horde of Vescora and astro projected herself through a dimensional rift, stood up to the QC and had no qualms about giving up her seat at the table, lead the charge against Arrako's army.

But hey apparently she's just been on the verge of fainting spells all the time.
    I'll give you the telepathic distance thing, despite her characterization in that story and since that story under that writer.

What stands out about Jean Grey using telepathy on Sabretooth?

Jean using Cerebro wasn't on panel and wasn't by Hickman. The plant zombies moment also wasn't by Hickman, which is obvious considering it was a moment where Jean had to do something difficult lol.

On the spaceship-reentry thing: that actually does sound like a cool superhero moment. What issue was that? Sorry I missed it.

As for that issue of Cable, that was also by a different writer.

As far as the QC, yes she quit and had to give up her seat to follow Cyclops, who told her to say a catchphrase. Notice how Xavier and Magneto credit Cyclops with the whole "standing up to the QC" thing?

All in all, we have Hickman Jean freaking out when everyone else is doing their mission in space like longtime X-Men, using TP like a TP usually does, being forced to give up her voice on Krakoa, and a TK bubble that I need to go read about. Oh and we are giving him credit for other folks' work for some reason.

I'll track down the impressive TK bubble issue, but besides the way that bubble moment sounds, Hickman Jean is still a bummer, imo.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 12-28-2020 at 08:17 AM.

I'll give you the telepathic distance thing, despite her characterization in that story and since that story under that writer.

What stands out about Jean Grey using telepathy on Sabretooth?

Jean using Cerebro wasn't on panel and wasn't by Hickman. The plant zombies moment also wasn't by Hickman, which is obvious considering it was a moment where Jean had to do something difficult lol.

On the spaceship-reentry thing: that actually does sound like a cool superhero moment. What issue was that? Sorry I missed it.

As for that issue of Cable, that was also by a different writer.

As far as the QC, yes she quit and had to give up her seat to follow Cyclops, who told her to say a catchphrase. Notice how Xavier and Magneto credit Cyclops with the whole "standing up to the QC" thing?

All in all, we have Hickman Jean freaking out when everyone else is doing their mission in space like longtime X-Men, using TP like a TP usually does, being forced to give up her voice on Krakoa, and a TK bubble that I need to go read about. Oh and we are giving him credit for other folks' work for some reason.

I'll track down the impressive TK bubble issue, but besides the way that bubble moment sounds, Hickman Jean is still a bummer, imo.
    There is no tk bubble, there is not a single comment from the writer or the characters in fact it is not even shown on panel, just a bunch of very disjointed panels and very ugly subpar art, it may have happened or not .....you have to use your fantasy .... check it out x-men issue n*9
    Last edited by Daedra; 12-28-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    There is no tk bubble, there is not a single comment from the writer or the characters in fact it is not even shown on panel, just a bunch of very disjointed panels and very ugly subpar art, it may have happened or not .....you have to use your fantasy .... chek it out x-men issue n*9
    Lol that is not the least bit surprising. No wonder I hadn't heard of that happening, since it didn't.