Page 797 of 1470 FirstFirst ... 2976977477877937947957967977987998008018078478971297 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,955 of 22043

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That cape with that costume is wrong-wrong-WRONG!
    Why do you say that? There were multiple cape designs during that Era, true, but, this is a fine representation. Very evocative of the original Jim Lee #1cover.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Exactatiously. I-heart-Asrar.
    Same here. I've been a fan of his since I discovered his art reading his very underrated creator-owned series with Jay Faerber, Dynamo 5, and he's been getting better and better since. I wad devastated when he went off to do Conan and I'm X-static now that the X-office has gotten him back.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Why do you say that? There were multiple cape designs during that Era, true, but, this is a fine representation. Very evocative of the original Jim Lee #1cover.

I think it looks good in that pic cause her suit is colored like a dark grey with black shadows. When it's lighter it just looks off.

The costume was intended to be highly reflective black, like the Outback costume it is clearly a variation of, but the cartoon rendered it more white, so that took over in the popular consciousness. It gets rendered black, gray, silver, or white variously.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The costume was intended to be highly reflective black, like the Outback costume it is clearly a variation of, but the cartoon rendered it more white, so that took over in the popular consciousness. It gets rendered black, gray, silver, or white variously.

I always suspected the cartoon rendered Ororo's costume white because they didn't want to have a black leather-clad dominatrix on a Saturday morning cartoon show.

J. Scott Campbell can do no wrong in my eyes. I'm happy that covers, commissions and conventions are so lucrative for him but boy would I love for him to draw an actual comic book again someday.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    J. Scott Campbell can do no wrong in my eyes. I'm happy that covers, commissions and conventions are so lucrative for him but boy would I love for him to draw an actual comic book again someday.
    I whole-heartedly agree. I've never seen a piece of J. Scott Campbell art that wasn't gorgeous. His work is among the select few I go out of my way to buy whenever I go to a comic convention. I even have two pieces of his artwork prominently framed on my wall.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. The colourist (and to some extent, Jim Lee) did shyt. It may have been a mistake that was never fully corrected but black cape over what looks like a white costume still looks wrong.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    His style is a lot of fun! I'd love to see a Gen13/X-Men crossover penciled by him, for old time's sake.

Yupp. The colourist (and to some extent, Jim Lee) did shyt. It may have been a mistake that was never fully corrected but black cape over what looks like a white costume still looks wrong.
    Meh. I take it as it is(as I said, JScott hits the spot). I met Storm in that outfit, so it will always have nostalgic power, but it's actually one of my least favorite of her costume designs. That said, white body on black cape even reaches back to her first costume, so it's not jarring to my eye.

EXCLUSIVE Marvel First Look: X-Men #18 variant covers

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

seriously?!?!?! oh man. sometimes Marvel is so disappointing. one step forward, three steps back...

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

Reminded me (fetish demon)

dran4h8itbc6zgj0uily.jpg