Page 797 of 829 FirstFirst ... 297697747787793794795796797798799800801807 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,955 of 12430
  1. #11941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That cape with that costume is wrong-wrong-WRONG!
    Why do you say that? There were multiple cape designs during that Era, true, but, this is a fine representation. Very evocative of the original Jim Lee #1cover.


    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  2. #11942
    Mighty Member psylurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously. I-heart-Asrar.
    Same here. I've been a fan of his since I discovered his art reading his very underrated creator-owned series with Jay Faerber, Dynamo 5, and he's been getting better and better since. I wad devastated when he went off to do Conan and I'm X-static now that the X-office has gotten him back.

  3. #11943
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Why do you say that? There were multiple cape designs during that Era, true, but, this is a fine representation. Very evocative of the original Jim Lee #1cover.

    I think it looks good in that pic cause her suit is colored like a dark grey with black shadows. When it's lighter it just looks off.

  4. #11944

    Default

    The costume was intended to be highly reflective black, like the Outback costume it is clearly a variation of, but the cartoon rendered it more white, so that took over in the popular consciousness. It gets rendered black, gray, silver, or white variously.





    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  5. #11945
    Mighty Member psylurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The costume was intended to be highly reflective black, like the Outback costume it is clearly a variation of, but the cartoon rendered it more white, so that took over in the popular consciousness. It gets rendered black, gray, silver, or white variously.





    I always suspected the cartoon rendered Ororo's costume white because they didn't want to have a black leather-clad dominatrix on a Saturday morning cartoon show.

  6. #11946
    Fantastic Member MAR420X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    264

    Default


  7. #11947
    Mighty Member psylurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    J. Scott Campbell can do no wrong in my eyes. I'm happy that covers, commissions and conventions are so lucrative for him but boy would I love for him to draw an actual comic book again someday.

  8. #11948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    J. Scott Campbell can do no wrong in my eyes. I'm happy that covers, commissions and conventions are so lucrative for him but boy would I love for him to draw an actual comic book again someday.
    I whole-heartedly agree. I've never seen a piece of J. Scott Campbell art that wasn't gorgeous. His work is among the select few I go out of my way to buy whenever I go to a comic convention. I even have two pieces of his artwork prominently framed on my wall.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  9. #11949
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,504

    Default

    Yupp. The colourist (and to some extent, Jim Lee) did shyt. It may have been a mistake that was never fully corrected but black cape over what looks like a white costume still looks wrong.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa and Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  10. #11950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    J. Scott Campbell can do no wrong in my eyes. I'm happy that covers, commissions and conventions are so lucrative for him but boy would I love for him to draw an actual comic book again someday.
    His style is a lot of fun! I'd love to see a Gen13/X-Men crossover penciled by him, for old time's sake.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  11. #11951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. The colourist (and to some extent, Jim Lee) did shyt. It may have been a mistake that was never fully corrected but black cape over what looks like a white costume still looks wrong.
    Meh. I take it as it is(as I said, JScott hits the spot). I met Storm in that outfit, so it will always have nostalgic power, but it's actually one of my least favorite of her costume designs. That said, white body on black cape even reaches back to her first costume, so it's not jarring to my eye.






    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  12. #11952
    Fantastic Member MAR420X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    264

    Default

    EXCLUSIVE Marvel First Look: X-Men #18 variant covers


  13. #11953
    Fantastic Member MAR420X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    264

    Default


  14. #11954
    Fantastic Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    EXCLUSIVE Marvel First Look: X-Men #18 variant covers

    seriously?!?!?! oh man. sometimes Marvel is so disappointing. one step forward, three steps back...

  15. #11955
    Fantastic Member andreikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    EXCLUSIVE Marvel First Look: X-Men #18 variant covers

    Reminded me (fetish demon)

    dran4h8itbc6zgj0uily.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •