Page 802 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 3027027527927987998008018028038048058068128529021302 ... LastLast
Results 12,016 to 12,030 of 22327

This confirms that the Avengers office only sees mutants as cannon fodder to be repeatedly massacred. I'm a little torn though, because I liked Orlando's run on Wonder Woman. Perhaps he'll make something good out of this.

Frenzy in her black leather! <3

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    HEROES REBORN: MAGNETO & THE MUTANT FORCE #1

STEVE ORLANDO (W) • BERNARD CHANG (A) • COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW

RELEASE DATE: May 2021

CAN MAGNETO RESURRECT HOPE FOR MUTANTKIND BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE?

Years ago, Magneto and Professor X led Earth’s mutants in a final push for independence against the Squadron Supreme of America. What followed was the Squadron’s Mutant Massacre, a violent rebuttal that left Mutantkind forever wounded, and Xavier dead…or so Magneto thought. Years later, Magneto discovers Xavier clinging to life in the astral plane and gathers his allies for a first-of-its-kind rescue mission. Too bad the same mission puts the Mutant Force back on the Squadron’s radar! Failure means the last gasp of Mutant-kind, but success means the fist breaths of something even more elusive to the mutants of Heroes Reborn: HOPE.

completely skipping this which is a shame because i loved Orlando on Wonder woman and supergirl especially. Hope he gets other marvel work i will want to read.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I assume that Sabra on the middle right of the cover (i remember her from Operation Zero Tolerance)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    This confirms that the Avengers office only sees mutants as cannon fodder to be repeatedly massacred. I'm a little torn though, because I liked Orlando's run on Wonder Woman. Perhaps he'll make something good out of this.
    X-men deserve their own universe evidence number 8960843928476204832084902

Years ago, Magneto and Professor X led Earth’s mutants in a final push for independence against the Squadron Supreme of America. What followed was the Squadron’s Mutant Massacre, a violent rebuttal that left Mutantkind forever wounded, and Xavier dead…or so Magneto thought. Years later, Magneto discovers Xavier clinging to life in the astral plane and gathers his allies for a first-of-its-kind rescue mission. Too bad the same mission puts the Mutant Force back on the Squadron’s radar! Failure means the last gasp of Mutant-kind, but success means the fist breaths of something even more elusive to the mutants of Heroes Reborn: HOPE.

I don't want to be too optimistic (especially since the event itself doesn't excite me at all) but the simple fact that Rogue can be written by someone other than Tini (even if it's only for a one-shot) makes me quite joyful

As long as they embarrass the Squadron Supreme I don't mind.

Same. The Squadron are powerful but really a team full of reality-warpers and telepaths should not be massacred by them...

Rogue and Emma should also be able to handle Hypersion by themselves. :/

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t like the premise much, the X-men should not have problem with Squadron Supreme and the they were not supposed to be part of Heros Reborn world unless this is a different reality but I am curious to see Orlando take on them.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-02-2021 at 03:52 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Skipping this (as with everything else HR) but...I do like Rogue's costume on that cover.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t like the premise much, the X-men should not have problem with Squadron Supreme and the they were not supposed to be part of Heros Reborn world unless this is a different reality but I am curious to see Orlando take on them.
    This whole thing so far seems to be just "Heros Reborn" in name only. Basicly they had this idea for an AU story and decided to recycle an old event name for it. Just like with Secret War.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Thank you
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Fantastic Member

I don't know what Marvel is thinking with Heroes Reborn. They Infinity Warps which was also a failure. This whole thing just screams that they don't know what to do with the Avengers. Also this think is the Phoenix's doing... Hope Jean fixes this...

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    I don't know what Marvel is thinking with Heroes Reborn. They Infinity Warps which was also a failure. This whole thing just screams that they don't know what to do with the Avengers.
    But here's the thing- they don't. They haven't since Hickman left the book. And even then the real big attraction was originally supposed to be UA, which was nowhere near a success as they wanted, because that's what happens when you have a writer and editor that clearly dislike the X-men to write a book that is supposed to appeal to mutant fans.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Definitely getting this, for me Orlando got his bonafides with his Midnighter run.

I wanna see what he does with the merry mutants of Marvel