Page 803 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3037037537937998008018028038048058068078138539031303 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,045 of 22277
    All-New Member

Getting Rogue back into any iteration of that costume and away from Excalibur may be enough to get me to buy it, but throw in Frenzy and I’m sold.

jeez hang the phoenix to the X-office man...

At this moment Aaron has made me forget all bad x-writers and all bad Phoenix runs. I mean i really CANT think someone worse than him

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    HEROES REBORN: MAGNETO & THE MUTANT FORCE #1

STEVE ORLANDO (W) • BERNARD CHANG (A) • COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW

RELEASE DATE: May 2021

CAN MAGNETO RESURRECT HOPE FOR MUTANTKIND BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE?

Years ago, Magneto and Professor X led Earth’s mutants in a final push for independence against the Squadron Supreme of America. What followed was the Squadron’s Mutant Massacre, a violent rebuttal that left Mutantkind forever wounded, and Xavier dead…or so Magneto thought. Years later, Magneto discovers Xavier clinging to life in the astral plane and gathers his allies for a first-of-its-kind rescue mission. Too bad the same mission puts the Mutant Force back on the Squadron’s radar! Failure means the last gasp of Mutant-kind, but success means the fist breaths of something even more elusive to the mutants of Heroes Reborn: HOPE.

The lack of new ideas sometimes from the Marvel publishing crew is beyond me....Unbelievable boring. Now they are redoing heroes reborn?!?! The entire New Universe/Alternative reality/What if-stick is really extremely old at this point. Been there done that MULTIPLE TIMES in the last couple of years....

What about writing a book about an alien invasion instead? ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-03-2021 at 12:33 AM.

I really like the Squadron Supreme but I want the version from Supreme Power by JMS. At the very least give us Hickman’s version of Hyperion, JMS or Kevin Walker’s Nighthawk and JMS’s Blur and Doctor Spectrum. I kind of hate that they have turned Hyperion into a pseudo bad guy recently. Hyperion and Thor teaming up was so good!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I really like the Squadron Supreme but I want the version from Supreme Power by JMS. At the very least give us Hickman’s version of Hyperion, JMS or Kevin Walker’s Nighthawk and JMS’s Blur and Doctor Spectrum. I kind of hate that they have turned Hyperion into a pseudo bad guy recently. Hyperion and Thor teaming up was so good!
    Superman pastiches work best as villains in the Marvel Universe unless there's some specific twist on the concept to tell, but stories like that usually has a builtin endpoint anyway.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How'd the world's mutants get massacred by fives dudes?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Superman pastiches work best as villains in the Marvel Universe unless there's some specific twist on the concept to tell, but stories like that usually has a builtin endpoint anyway.
    I disagree, the "evil justice league" trope may work for cliché writers with no original ideas to offer, Hickman was able to write a great Hyperion and the friendship with thor was a nice and fresh angle.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The lack of new ideas sometimes from the Marvel publishing crew is beyond me....Unbelievable boring. Now they are redoing heroes reborn?!?! The entire New Universe/Alternative reality/What if-stick is really extremely old at this point. Been there done that MULTIPLE TIMES in the last couple of years....

What about writing a book about an alien invasion instead? ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz
    I totally agree. The first Heroes reborn was a mess anyway. It's like the Avengers office want to take everything that made the X-Men great and take a giant dump on it. This story won't compare to AoA... hell, it won't be a good as the New Warriors Forever Yesterday storyline, and that was a two-parter.

As for the cover to, it nice to see Sabra there and it looks like Magneto is using the female bricks to handle Hyperion, but the way the SS is always getting mind controlled (putting Rachel to shame), Emma should be enough.

But mainly, I hate the premise. There's no way I could believe the five members of the SS could run through all of the mutants united.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I don’t think this is true at all. Hyperion in Hickman’s Avengers was a very interesting and likable character and was written basically as a Superman clone but with the willingness to kill if needed. JMS wrote Hyperion as a hero and a villain in his run and I thought both were well executed.

Gladiator has traditionally been written as a hero, even if he is at odds with the X-Men and it works. I will say Sentry as a villain was done well by Bendis so it isn’t necessarily a bad thing to be a “evil Superman.”
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    HEROES REBORN: MAGNETO & THE MUTANT FORCE #1

STEVE ORLANDO (W) • BERNARD CHANG (A) • COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW

RELEASE DATE: May 2021

CAN MAGNETO RESURRECT HOPE FOR MUTANTKIND BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE?

Years ago, Magneto and Professor X led Earth’s mutants in a final push for independence against the Squadron Supreme of America. What followed was the Squadron’s Mutant Massacre, a violent rebuttal that left Mutantkind forever wounded, and Xavier dead…or so Magneto thought. Years later, Magneto discovers Xavier clinging to life in the astral plane and gathers his allies for a first-of-its-kind rescue mission. Too bad the same mission puts the Mutant Force back on the Squadron’s radar! Failure means the last gasp of Mutant-kind, but success means the fist breaths of something even more elusive to the mutants of Heroes Reborn: HOPE.

I'm intrigued, but skeptical. I could say that about Heroes Reborn, in general. I'm willing to give it a chance, but I worry that this series will face the same problems that Ultimate faced that eventually destroyed it. If this is just an AU where writers simply do what they know they can't get away with in the mainline comics, then it's going to fail. That's just a gimmick that wears off quickly. And I hope writers like Orlando and Aaron take it more seriously than that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Hickman's Hyperion was more of a brother to Thor than Loki or any of the Avengers were, but for some reason everyone forgot that. The race to Valhalla dialogue is still one his best character moments ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Hickman's Hyperion was more of a brother to Thor than Loki or any of the Avengers were, but for some reason everyone forgot that. The race to Valhalla dialogue is still one his best character moments ever.
    I still think that this is Squadron Sinister, but retooled.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    What Hickman did with Hyperion was just *chef's kiss* it's a shame Marvel dropped that characterization ( Like they did with most of Hickman's run) in favor of boosting up the MCU cast.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What Hickman did with Hyperion was just *chef's kiss* it's a shame Marvel dropped that characterization ( Like they did with most of Hickman's run) in favor of boosting up the MCU cast.
    Agreed Thor and Hyperion really helped to make the Secret Wars feel epic
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022