Page 814 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 3147147648048108118128138148158168178188248649141314 ... LastLast
Results 12,196 to 12,210 of 22325

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee are more interesting than the Braddocks. You better throw a Wolverine in there to help with sales.
    Not in Tini's Excalibur. They literally are just there

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I'm curious as to how much of that writing was actually Howard, and how much of it was Hickman. I always assumed she was responsible for the general plot points when they collaborate, and Hickman handled the dialogue.
    Ah not this again. Just because one book is somewhat lackluster doesn't mean that all of the writers work will follow suit, even some of the most renowned have some of their work fall short. Plus even thought the plot of Excalibur can get wonky, Tini does a great job at establishing the characters voices and dialogue.
    I'm just excited to have Monet leading a book written by one of the only two x-writers who actually love Monet.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not in Tini's Excalibur. They literally are just there
    Yeah, Tini not writing them is the problem. If they were written well, this book would be better. I personally only picked it up for Rogue and Apocalypse. But I ended up dropping the book and following recaps instead.

The cover is so cool, I thought at first the four shadows were of the team members but it's actually of Monet and Warren both in their human form and Penance/Archangel form

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Ah not this again. Just because one book is somewhat lackluster doesn't mean that all of the writers work will follow suit, even some of the most renowned have some of their work fall short. Plus even thought the plot of Excalibur can get wonky, Tini does a great job at establishing the characters voices and dialogue.
    I'm just excited to have Monet leading a book written by one of the only two x-writers who actually love Monet.
    People not called Betsy/apocalypse say different

M's appearance during XOS should have been written by Tini, I think.

Hickman's M in GSXM: Storm is very different from that.

Interesting the tweet is now down. I just honestly don't understand how all this gets by jdw, and the writers, and the people who preview the art (which leads me to believe they don't really care and are just trying to see if they can get away with still being unfair in visual medium) and then they go back and fix it for a second and then do the same thing again. How can disney be promoting their black voices etc when one of their companies can't even consistently draw and color diverse characters. I would really hate to drop the x-books but it's not a good feeling at all.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-11-2021 at 06:01 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    People not called Betsy/apocalypse say different
    You’re definitely right, but since Tini is framing this book around M and Angel from the beginning I do have some hope.

Ultimate Member

Then again if it ends up like Excalibur the book could end up being about someone else entirely like Jamie...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Shall we just leave the talk about Excalibur and X-Corps in their own threads and just show and discuss Upcoming X-books art teases, as that is what this thread is created for.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Yeah, Tini not writing them is the problem. If they were written well, this book would be better. I personally only picked it up for Rogue and Apocalypse. But I ended up dropping the book and following recaps instead.
    I don't get why Excalibur get such constant hate for this while Marauders seems to get a total pass despite half the team literally not having appeared in like 6 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I don't get why Excalibur get such constant hate for this while Marauders seems to get a total pass despite half the team literally not having appeared in like 6 issues.
    I literally couldn't care less about teams and rosters. If I wanted that I'd go on a corporate away day.

I have seen people complaing about that including me. Marauders is really the worse offender on being awful with distributing pages/plots to its characters

You must not be on these boards much bc people have been complaining about Maraurders since the beginning. It being a showcase for Kitty and Emma is something people ALWAYS mention. Where is it getting a pass? Not on this board

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You must not be on these boards much bc people have been complaining about Maraurders since the beginning. It being a showcase for Kitty and Emma is something people ALWAYS mention. Where is it getting a pass? Not on this board
    People discuss it in the Marauders thread but people seem to jump into every tangentially related thread to complain about Tini in a way that doesn't happen for Marauders.