Page 819 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3197197698098158168178188198208218228238298699191319 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,285 of 22201
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Completely agreed, Apocalypse was absolutely a generic villain who was pulled out ever few years to give the X-men or Avengers someone to beat up on. From 2009-2019 he was used a product of someone else's story, first Angel in Remender's UXF, then again in UA as a prop for Thor. What exact compelling stories were he involved in where he wasn't used as a prop? Readers are absolutely correct in calling his family outside of Genesis disappointingly under-developed yet it is the most interesting he's been in years there's at least a new and potentially exciting direction he can go in now that he isn't solely a cartoon villain.
    the family was unexplored yes, but there's tons of room and potential for them, there's so much to unpack in their conections, their bitterness towards their parents and their situation, genesis failings on amenth (the mutants she never saved that were put into breeding pits/failing to truly win over anihilaton), War has tons of anger and loss too, Death being called a weak boy and him being intrigued by ororo and his new vampire status.
    Isca switching sides, being the catalyst on WHY they went to amenth in the first place (im willing to bet apocalypse/genesis will return when isca is forced to switch once more)

I agree XOS could, should have done better in that department, but there's an entire web of possibilities that are very intriging and are all conected to apocalypse.
    Id never put "intriging" or "potential" on apocalypse, EVER, he felt like the most tired, washed up and used up character before, now he could easly star on a family book/mini

Mighty Member

Given Hickman's track record with his OCs. I'm not holding out my breath for Apocalypse's less than mediocre children.

Maybe somebody else will make them more characters than the actually are, but Hickman? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Given Hickman's track record with his OCs. I'm not holding out my breath for Apocalypse's less than mediocre children.

Maybe somebody else will make them more characters than the actually are, but Hickman? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    eh im positive, besides his ocs in the past where in franchises where the status quo was king.
    X-fans are passionate about... pretty much everyone lol, every character has AT THE VERY LEAST one stan

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the family was unexplored yes, but there's tons of room and potential for them, there's so much to unpack in their conections, their bitterness towards their parents and their situation, genesis failings on amenth (the mutants she never saved that were put into breeding pits/failing to truly win over anihilaton), War has tons of anger and loss too, Death being called a weak boy and him being intrigued by ororo and his new vampire status.
    Isca switching sides, being the catalyst on WHY they went to amenth in the first place (im willing to bet apocalypse/genesis will return when isca is forced to switch once more)

I agree XOS could, should have done better in that department, but there's an entire web of possibilities that are very intriging and are all conected to apocalypse.
    Id never put "intriging" or "potential" on apocalypse, EVER, he felt like the most tired, washed up and used up character before, now he could easly star on a family book/mini
    You won't get a single argument from me, definitely agreed on the potential of his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    We're being blessed with Amelia content soon.

Is hat her? I saw an thought Risque

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Completely agreed, Apocalypse was absolutely a generic villain who was pulled out ever few years to give the X-men or Avengers someone to beat up on. From 2009-2019 he was used a product of someone else's story, first Angel in Remender's UXF, then again in UA as a prop for Thor. What exact compelling stories were he involved in where he wasn't used as a prop? Readers are absolutely correct in calling his family outside of Genesis disappointingly under-developed yet it is the most interesting he's been in years there's at least a new and potentially exciting direction he can go in now that he isn't solely a cartoon villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post

I think one advantage the family has, even if they are underdeveloped so far, is that Apocalypse hasn't had a memorable entourage for his entire publication existence aside from Warren as Death.

I would hope a lot more can be done with them before readers write them off, because it's not like they are replacing anything iconic.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is hat her? I saw an thought Risque
    Yes.

The artist said it was Amelia when they posted it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    We're being blessed with Amelia content soon.

Great I missed her
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love me some Amelia. Such a great character, I really loved her backstory with Charley.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post

I thought Black Swan was pretty cool at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
    I thought Black Swan was pretty cool at the time
    Black Swan = Emma Frost = Saturnyne.

I really think Hickman only writes two types of women: "the cold ice queen" (see above) & "the mother" (sue storm or jean grey)

his male characters also do not seem less archetypical and cliché: a GREAT man (with big balls) burdened by his genius level intellect and his responsibility to change the world!! (Magneto, Xavier, Reed Richards)

Emotions are only something for babies!
    Last edited by Exodus; 02-26-2021 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Black Swan = Emma Frost = Saturnyne.

I really think Hickman only writes two types of women: "the cold ice queen" (see above) & "the mother" (sue storm or jean grey)

his male characters also do not seem less archetypical and cliché: a GREAT man (with big balls) burdened by his genius level intellect and his responsibility to change the world!! (Magneto, Xavier, Reed Richards)

Emotions are only something for babies!
    Femme fatale, lady who needs to be saved aaaand the the great hero: the american (white) man

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Femme fatale, lady who needs to be saved aaaand the the great hero: the american (white) man
    Colonisers gonna colonise.

Incredible Member

Hickman’s sinister is completely original! Oh wait. That’s on gillen...

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Colonisers gonna colonise.
    Quite Whitely!
    My flag is bacon.