Page 835 of 1485 FirstFirst ... 3357357858258318328338348358368378388398458859351335 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,525 of 22270

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

I 100% disagree. I love it. I think Cyclops is the most boring and aweful.
    If you read the article he talks about how someone asked him to incorporate a muzzle...not cool...the hound ****'s just not cool anymore

And you're right..Cyclops' is awful...

But some of them are good though...Storm, Jean, Rogue

These previews are the most exciting X-related thing I've seen all year! Dauterman and Emma did not disappoint!

Astonishing Member

Wow these designs are horribly tacky and all over the place. Just as expected considering the current direction of X-men and overall intention the writers seem to have with the whole gala thing. For that they are spot on. So good work Mr. Dauterman (Not meant sarcastic).

Also they remind me to Five Star Story for some reason. Which i guess is better than getting reminded to X-treme X-Men: The Arena.

However as expected it's the usual subjects presented who would look good in trashbags, so i'm not all impressed.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    If you read the article he talks about how someone asked him to incorporate a muzzle...not cool...the hound ****'s just not cool anymore

And you're right..Cyclops' is awful...

But some of them are good though...Storm, Jean, Rogue
    I read the article and Leah was the one who wanted an homage to her Excalibur outfit, so if her current writer thinks it's a good idea given the work they are doing with the character I am fine with it. This red outfit is an iconic look for her, and one she didn't mind wearing almost the entire time she was in Excalibur. Whereas her legitimate black hound look would be more jarring for her. Rachel has always been edgy with her fashion and this makes total sense for her. Also, this is her choice to wear this outfit so it's not like she's being mind-controlled into wearing this Carnage-Hound mashup. Wearing it doesn't imply she's a hound again. Out of most of her fans on this board I would be the most outspoken if I thought this was a problematic look for her. But I don't think it is at all. In fact, I think it's kinda daring for her given that she was a hound in recent years and nearly NONE of the X-Men did anything to help her. So for me it's kinda like her saying "Yeah I was a hound and trafficked and y'all did nothing about it but feel guilty so eat it"

Do I care for the muzzle component...eh not really but I don't think it is an issue as she's a telepath. Plus I LOVE that her iconic rattail is being used as a leash for Amazing Baby.

Like I wouldn't mind that outfit on Scott if it was his improved field outfit, but the visor and other components are just boring. It's the Hellfire Gala. Gimme something that straight and narrow Scott would feel uncomfortable in but would make him look amazing.

I do love most of the looks and those three you mentioned are some of my favs. I think I don't care for Angel and and Scott's thus far, and I am really excited to see what Bobby will be wearing.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 03-16-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...and Monet's fascinator, pony-tail and sheer, wide-leg jumpsuit with cut-outs....FABULUSH!!!

the Dauterman is in the details.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Cyclops looks like Soldier 76 from Overwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wow these designs are horribly tacky and all over the place. Just as expected considering the current direction of X-men and overall intention the writers seem to have with the whole gala thing. For that they are spot on. So good work Mr. Dauterman (Not meant sarcastic).

Also they remind me to Five Star Story for some reason. Which i guess is better than getting reminded to X-treme X-Men: The Arena.

However as expected it's the usual subjects presented who would look good in trashbags, so i'm not all impressed.
    I don't get why so many are acting like these are supposed to be field looks. These are gala looks and they are meant to be over-the-top and costume-y. They're obviously inspired by the Met Gala. Remember way back in Uncanny X-Men 281 when the X-Men visited the Hellfire Club? Is this what you'd prefer? Boring mini-dresses and tuxes?

They're creating a mutant nation and this is their Carnaval! Their Mardi Gras! Their Lunar New Year Parade! Their Eurovision!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    And on top of that he will die.
    Don't get my hopes up.

I read the article and Leah was the one who wanted an homage to her Excalibur outfit, so if her current writer thinks it's a good idea given the work they are doing with the character I am fine with it. This red outfit is an iconic look for her, and one she didn't mind wearing almost the entire time she was in Excalibur. Whereas her legitimate black hound look would be more jarring for her. Rachel has always been edgy with her fashion and this makes total sense for her. Also, this is her choice to wear this outfit so it's not like she's being mind-controlled into wearing this Carnage-Hound mashup. Wearing it doesn't imply she's a hound again. Out of most of her fans on this board I would be the most outspoken if I thought this was a problematic look for her. But I don't think it is at all. In fact, I think it's kinda daring for her given that she was a hound in recent years and nearly NONE of the X-Men did anything to help her. So for me it's kinda like her saying "Yeah I was a hound and trafficked and y'all did nothing about it but feel guilty so eat it"

Do I care for the muzzle component...eh not really but I don't think it is an issue as she's a telepath. Plus I LOVE that her iconic rattail is being used as a leash for Amazing Baby.

Like I wouldn't mind that outfit on Scott if it was his improved field outfit, but the visor and other components are just boring. It's the Hellfire Gala. Gimme something that straight and narrow Scott would feel uncomfortable in but would make him look amazing.

I do love most of the looks and those three you mentioned are some of my favs. I think I don't care for Angel and and Scott's thus far, and I am really excited to see what Bobby will be wearing.
    MY FAVE PART. Did you notice her VERY pointy cone-bra?? I don't think that'll make it to press lol.

I don't love Angel's look, but I love that RD lined his coat!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Quentin Quire will probably be wearing a speedo, an Omega painted on his chest, and nothing else.

And on top of that he will die.
    You got to ask is he trying to best jeans death counter ?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    MY FAVE PART. Did you notice her VERY pointy cone-bra?? I don't think that'll make it to press lol.

I don't love Angel's look, but I love that RD lined his coat!
    Honey I missed none of it lol. I will say I actually don't mind Angel's overall look, I just HATE pleats and that is all his pants are.

Other than Cyclops, who looks appropriately boring, these looks are magnificent. Emma especially. Jean's needs to be her new look. Betsy's and Monet's are also AHMAZING.
    Last edited by davetvs; 03-16-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Quick thoughts:

ANGEL - Not the most inspired, but it does scream rich playboy at full volume. I do like his lined coat and the chain with the X emblem as an homage to his classic suit.

BETSY - Might actually be my favorite one. A throwback to her original costume but mashed with British PUNK to show that she's always been quite rebellious. Not sure the facepaint was necessary though.

CYCLOPS - Don't really like and it looks a lot like his Phoenix Five costume. I think he looks out of place because it's really blocky. And the visor is a no.

EMMA - First look is a great entrance with the cutout being a nice Frank Quietly touch. Headpiece and shoes are stellar. Second look is just ok but still fierce. Third is just full-on DRIP. Didn't need those gloves that RD likes so much lol.

KATE PRYDE - Any drag queen will tell you that this was their Alexander McQueen inspired runway. Not my personal fave as a look, but it suits Kate's current role in House of X. I think she should've had the Shadowcat eye mask on both eyes because the way it is just looks like something from Age of Apocalypse.

MARVEL GIRL - A bit basic but fabulous green and gold!

MONET - I love that she got a flowy look that echoes her Algerian heritage. I think she coulda had some more bling though since the colors are kind of muted.

RACHEL - I'm a bit biased because I love the red hound costume. It is a choice though because it is also her trauma. I love the leash and the pointed nips lol. Those boots are insane.

ROGUE - RD did a good job of combining all her past costumes into one. She's the only one wearing sunglasses and that represents her having always had to keep some distance. The red-bottom Louboutins are a hilarious touch.

STORM - IS THAT A DARK CLOUD CAPE?? Just amazing and regal. Pays so much homage to her past iconic looks and the hair is majestic!

I'm so impressed!!! I hope Russell did designs for dozens of characters!!!
    Last edited by superjosh; 03-16-2021 at 01:34 PM.

I get where you're coming from, I really do...and she's clearly your favorite, so I'm glad you're ok with it...but to me, she's not really choosing it (because she's not real) the writers are choosing it...and that's what I have a problem with..no matter what, they just keep going back to the hound ****..she's been around for how many years? And it's still the only thing that defines her to these people and to me that's tragic. And a muzzle? I just can't imagine anyone who went through what she went through ever wanting to put anything even close to a muzzle on..not even to prove a point or call people out.

Astonishing Member

I don't get why so many are acting like these are supposed to be field looks.
    Wait some people thought these are supposed to be super hero outfits?

They're creating a mutant nation and this is their Carnaval! Their Mardi Gras! Their Lunar New Year Parade! Their Eurovision!!
    "Look at us mortal humans, we are so superior to you we shed your silly sense of morality and FASHION!!!"

Like i said, they fit the current direction, where many of them sound like a variant of Magneto.