Page 836 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 3367367868268328338348358368378388398408468869361336 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,540 of 22347

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wait some people thought these are supposed to be super hero outfits?

"Look at us mortal humans, we are so superior to you we shed your silly sense of morality and FASHION!!!"

Like i said, they fit the current direction, where many of them sound like a variant of Magneto.
    It's fine, I get you don't like them or this direction. I just don't think some people are judging them in context but rather how they want things to be going. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    I get where you're coming from, I really do...and she's clearly your favorite, so I'm glad you're ok with it...but to me, she's not really choosing it (because she's not real) the writers are choosing it...and that's what I have a problem with..no matter what, they just keep going back to the hound shit..she's been around for how many years? And it's still the only thing that defines her to these people and to me that's tragic. And a muzzle? I just can't imagine anyone who went through what she went through ever wanting to put anything even close to a muzzle on..not even to prove a point or call people out.
    It's not out of the ordinary for Rachel to reclaim her trauma. In fact, that's a big part of her character. She wore the hound outfit for a LONG time in OG Excalibur so there is precedent. The muzzle though... you're right about that.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    I get where you're coming from, I really do...and she's clearly your favorite, so I'm glad you're ok with it...but to me, she's not really choosing it (because she's not real) the writers are choosing it...and that's what I have a problem with..no matter what, they just keep going back to the hound shit..she's been around for how many years? And it's still the only thing that defines her to these people and to me that's tragic. And a muzzle? I just can't imagine anyone who went through what she went through ever wanting to put anything even close to a muzzle on..not even to prove a point or call people out.
    I see where you are coming from and we have different perspectives. Rachel has always been edgy and used fashion to make people uncomfortable, like when she made everyone uneasy with her wearing the Dark Phoenix costume. And while I don't disagree with you that it's a box that people come back to, historically this look was less about her being a hound and more being part of a family and a happy time for her. This is the Krakoan version of the Met, so she's going to be dark and edgy. Boom.

Personally I don't care for the muzzle so I can see why it's a talking piece.....or isn't.

And to your point, she's not real so technically anyone could imagine someone using a painful past to prove a point or drive a point forward....and they have lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    It's fine, I get you don't like them or this direction. I just don't think some people are judging them in context but rather how they want things to be going. That's all.
    My comment about the outfits was more meant as "These look stupid. They are perfect!". In the sense that they are exactly what could be expected from what the storyline is meant to be and how it was promoted so far (rich powerfull people showing off)
    Yes, overall i don't like the current direction of the X-men and doubt the value of what the macro-story is achieving in the end, but i can still appriciate the artistic work involved in it (both drawn and written) when it's done well.

And these design are pretty well done, as far as tacky impractical outfits for showing of are concerned.

Though thinking about field outfits. For some odd reason i feel like Jeans gala outfit looks closer to a fitting field uniform than her out of date Marvel Girl outfit.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-16-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Do solits come out this Thursday?

My comment about the outfits was more meant as "These look stupid. They are perfect!". In the sense that they are exactly what could be expected from what the storyline is meant to be and how it was promoted so far (rich powerfull people showing off)
    Yes, overall i don't like the current direction of the X-men and doubt the value of what the macro-story is achieving in the end, but i can still appriciate the artistic work involved in it (both drawn and written) when it's done well.

And these design are pretty well done, as far as tacky impractical outfits for showing of are concerned.

Though thinking about field outfits. For some odd reason i feel like Jeans gala outfit looks closer to a fitting field uniform than her out of date Marvel Girl outfit.
    I see more what you're saying. I re-read your initial comment and it was the "horribly tacky" part that I think I read as mixed messaging. (Though you did say RD accomplished his goal and pointed out that you weren't being sarcastic lol.)

Jean's outfit (minus the cape) looks field ready. Other than the headpieces and maybe Rachel's costume, I don't see what's so tacky if they're just gala wardrobe, but I guess it's just subjective. (Do you think Storm's look is tacky? Because she also looks pretty field ready if you just took away some of the jewelry. That's a look that's in her wheelhouse.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    (Do you think Storm's look is tacky? Because she also looks pretty field ready if you just took away some of the jewelry. That's a look that's in her wheelhouse.)
    More fancy than tacky i admit, but that's also because it looks close to some of her classic All New All Different suit inspired oufits and Storm is well known to be able to do her job in practically any outfit. So in a way, one could even say the gala outfit looks a bit mundane, but that's more because of her standard of outfits.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-16-2021 at 02:33 PM.

I love most of them (and the explanations from Dauterman are on point), but that red panel on Cyclops's outfit is a headscratch. I hope they mostly show him from the back.
    (also thank god for gay artists on X-men. FREE THE MALE NIPPLE RUSSEL !)
    (Rachel is STRIKING. I hope Leah has some idea behind the muzzle)

More fancy than tacky i admit, but that's also because it looks close to some of her classic All New All Different suit inspired oufits and Storm is well known to be able to do her job in practically any outfit. So in a way, one could even say the gala outfit looks a bit mundane, but that's more because of her standard of outfits.
    I think Storm's most closely resembles an actual costume she might wear. I like the little side headpiece rather than her typical tiara. I thought that was a nice touch.

Storm's outfit is basically Coachella Beyonce - Master of Ceremony.

I need mooooooooooooooooooooore lol

Hickman, why do you hate Jean?

This costume has to be the current one

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I love most of them (and the explanations from Dauterman are on point), but that red panel on Cyclops's outfit is a headscratch. I hope they mostly show him from the back.
    (also thank god for gay artists on X-men. FREE THE MALE NIPPLE RUSSEL !)
    (Rachel is STRIKING. I hope Leah has some idea behind the muzzle)
    Not that it’s relevant to his work but is Dauterman also LGBT?? That’s awesome regardless and would explain his taste in designing and drawing explicable fashion.

And as long as Rachel knows how to sell that look and show off a newfound dominant sexual attitude, I think her look works on every level. Seems like according to Leah, she has a new awakening and new attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Hickman, why do you hate Jean?

This costume has to be the current one

I think Dauterman is the only one (or only one allowed) who’s been making an attempt to rescue Jean’s fashion credit since the Krakoa era. Even this Gala outfit is a better field costume than the 60’s mini dress.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 03-16-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

I think someone mentioned Gerry's comments but just to share the actual quote regarding more designs!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 9.12.07 PM.jpg

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...34447319216129