Page 873 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3737738238638698708718728738748758768778839239731373 ... LastLast
Results 13,081 to 13,095 of 22277

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean just floating over the whole party is some queen ****. Her doing it just to find this man is less of a mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Jean just floating over the whole party is some queen ****. Her doing it just to find this man is less of a mood.
    Jean and Monet have that in common, constantly floating and settling for sub tier men.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Jean and Monet have that in common, constantly floating and settling for sub tier men.
    Cyke must have something going for him, cause he pulls Jo's share of women...and maybe Wolverine. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Cyke must have something going for him, cause he pulls Jo's share of women...and maybe Wolverine. Lol
    He's the main character lol

Like most superheroes, he has the body of a supermodel for starters. He doesn't have the fashion sense of one though.
    Dark does not mean deep.

It's called being the straight/white/cis male main character of the team. It always annoyed me that Cyke had love interest after love interest following the Dark Phoenix Saga, while Storm was single forever until Forge came along. Kitty got a love interest right away!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    It's called being the straight/white/cis male main character of the team. It always annoyed me that Cyke had love interest after love interest following the Dark Phoenix Saga, while Storm was single forever until Forge came along. Kitty got a love interest right away!
    You guys do understand that Cyclops was created as the one member of the team who couldn't pass as human, right? He was for the O5 what Nightcrawler was for the ANAD team

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    You guys do understand that Cyclops was created as the one member of the team who couldn't pass as human, right? He was for the O5 what Nightcrawler was for the ANAD team
    Hm what LOL. He wears red glasses... Warren had more trouble to pass having to hide his wings than him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hm what LOL. He wears red glasses... Warren had more trouble to pass having to hide his wings than him lol.
    Thought exactly the same. poor Cyclops is only passing 99,9 percent for straight cis white male. lol

What about Beast's gigantic feet?

Basically it, just like Spidey. at least Stark is billionaire

All two of them? Post Dark Phoenix it was just Lee Forrester and Madelyn Pryor. Colleen Wing was previous, and in total Scott has had 6 love interests in his publication history (although he did have 4 in a relatively short period). I'm not counting alternate universe versions nor ship teases that didn't go anywhere, but I am counting Frenzy even though that required reality manipulation powers rewriting history and ereasing other characters from history in order to make it happen.

It always amazes me how Scott's relatively low number is too many when other characters need a scientific calculator and a spreadsheet to keep track of them all, and I never hear complaints about them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    All two of them? Post Dark Phoenix it was just Lee Forrester and Madelyn Pryor. Colleen Wing was previous, and in total Scott has had 6 love interests in his publication history (although he did have 4 in a relatively short period). I'm not counting alternate universe versions nor ship teases that didn't go anywhere, but I am counting Frenzy even though that required reality manipulation powers rewriting history and ereasing other characters from history in order to make it happen.

It always amazes me how Scott's relatively low number is too many when other characters need a scientific calculator and a spreadsheet to keep track of them all, and I never hear complaints about them.
    Do other characters need calculators? Who?

The only romances we hear about are the true love ones or the ones where someone is being manipulated. In reality, there would be a lot more casual hookups. Personally, I think comics are very conservative when it comes to this.

Lots of comic readers will deem anyone with more than two relationships to be a ho.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

The only romances we hear about are the true love ones or the ones where someone is being manipulated. In reality, there would be a lot more casual hookups. Personally, I think comics are very conservative when it comes to this.

Lots of comic readers will deem anyone with more than two relationships to be a ho.
    Iceman and Aurora spring to mind.
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

I think it has more to do with most books just don't take the time to give the characters personal lives. The recent X-Men Monday interview with the Simonson's reminded me of this, as Louise pointed out that she made an effort to show that connection to the life outside of being in X-Factor for all of the characters, so they all had relationships to various degrees of success (poor Candy Southern).

I am not sure comics are too conservative to portray more casual hookups, it just becomes a mess. Either fans like the hookup and they are stuck with it, or at some point every characters has hooked up with every other character and it just makes it hard to believe that all these people being in the same room with their exes is not just super awkward.