Page 874 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3747748248648708718728738748758768778788849249741374 ... LastLast
Results 13,096 to 13,110 of 22260

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think it has more to do with most books just don't take the time to give the characters personal lives. The recent X-Men Monday interview with the Simonson's reminded me of this, as Louise pointed out that she made an effort to show that connection to the life outside of being in X-Factor for all of the characters, so they all had relationships to various degrees of success (poor Candy Southern).

I am not sure comics are too conservative to portray more casual hookups, it just becomes a mess. Either fans like the hookup and they are stuck with it, or at some point every characters has hooked up with every other character and it just makes it hard to believe that all these people being in the same room with their exes is not just super awkward.
    Comis are a limited space, it isnt like real life. Sometimes it is 20 pages per month, it isnt enoughspce for too many hook ups. It would quick become a mess

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Basically it, just like Spidey. at least Stark is billionaire
    Stark is a billionare which would attract most ladies but the ones it wouldn't would be the superhero kinds.I can see the suit and avengers fame being a plus point though.
    Spidey has had a lot of remarks that Super-women would like to do him but they rarely go further than good friends with slight flirting.He almost always has civilian love interests and MJ is the best civilian love interest.Although I want more Spidey and X-women content.Hell more Spidey and super-woman content and more Spidey and X-men content as well.
    The Emma Frost team up was amazing with their banter.Jean and Spidey are friends as well.Psylocke and Spidey had the A+X tie in.Also the mojo trip where she wiped his memories to protect him.Also the fact that Cap Britain and Spidey were good friends and it was alluded Britain knew who Spidey was.He also taught him a lot about being a hero.Also also Nate grey and Spidey were lowkey bestie at one point.Also also also Spidey trained hope in AvX.I wish we get a continuation of that.Cyclops in the A+X tie-in revealed that he though Spidey was a true hero(it was SSP but he didn't know it).Pete at horizon labs helps out beast from time to time.Spidey and wolverine are besties for life.
    Sorry for the rant

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think it has more to do with most books just don't take the time to give the characters personal lives. The recent X-Men Monday interview with the Simonson's reminded me of this, as Louise pointed out that she made an effort to show that connection to the life outside of being in X-Factor for all of the characters, so they all had relationships to various degrees of success (poor Candy Southern).

I am not sure comics are too conservative to portray more casual hookups, it just becomes a mess. Either fans like the hookup and they are stuck with it, or at some point every characters has hooked up with every other character and it just makes it hard to believe that all these people being in the same room with their exes is not just super awkward.
    Oh yeah.Pretty sure if they did any more casual hookups with randoms then pretty much everyone would bang everyone at some point specially in a team as closely knit and dating amongst one another like the X-men.I wonder if and how scott and alex talk about Maddie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    It's called being the straight/white/cis male main character of the team. It always annoyed me that Cyke had love interest after love interest following the Dark Phoenix Saga, while Storm was single forever until Forge came along. Kitty got a love interest right away!
    I get most of them but I don't see Cyclops appeal.I think the brooding may be a part of it.I think girls could dig that until they realize that it is literally all he does.Many other superheroes are just as if not better looking.Also Scott isn't exactly social.The biggest thing could be the leader.It was what attracted Frost right?Again her isn't really the alpha inside though.Then again everyone has their types and phases.

Mighty Member

^^ Don't most people want a partner who will protect them and offer stability? Who better than Scott? Look at how he protected mutants.

And yeah, showing mutants personal life I guess is a big no no with the fanbase that wants big explosions every issues. The main criticisms of the Hellfire Gala, is that the fate of the world isn't at stake and it's instead more about personal connections.

Also, I think his "blandness" stabilizes the more wild sides of the women he dates.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    ^^ Don't most people want a partner who will protect them and offer stability? Who better than Scott? Look at how he protected mutants.

Also, I think his "blandness" stabilizes the more wild sides of the women he dates.
    And he's a tactician that likely knows how to lay some pipe like an overachiever.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

And yeah, showing mutants personal life I guess is a big no no with the fanbase that wants big explosions every issues. The main criticisms of the Hellfire Gala, is that the fate of the world isn't at stake and it's instead more about personal connections.

Scott protecting mutants? LOl this was funny. Under his watch they went from 1 million to 198.

all superheroes protect people, Scott isntt special on that

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I get most of them but I don't see Cyclops appeal.I think the brooding may be a part of it.I think girls could dig that until they realize that it is literally all he does.Many other superheroes are just as if not better looking.Also Scott isn't exactly social.The biggest thing could be the leader.It was what attracted Frost right?Again her isn't really the alpha inside though.Then again everyone has their types and phases.
    On my experience Woman like charismatic men, that smiles and are gentle. This thing about being brooding is what women like seems like male writers misundertooding what women like.
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-13-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Mighty Member

Scott protecting mutants? LOl this was funny

all superheroes protect people, Scott isntt special on that
    Yes it is. It's his Omega power. Even Moira's lives couldn't have saved the race from extinction like he did and was vilified for. (He's powerless when it comes to his own personal relationships though haha). There's lots of mediocre white male characters and Scott isn't one of them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The masterful literary irony is that he left the stability of his marriage to Maddie and their child to more or less be with Jean. And now he's in a seemingly polyamorous relationship...how our Boyscout has grown!
    It really humanises him and I do appreciate that of my heroes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yes it is. It's his Omega power. Even Moira's lives couldn't have saved the race from extinction like he did and was vilified for. (He's powerless when it comes to his own personal relationships though haha). There's lots of mediocre white male characters and Scott isn't one of them.
    He isnt? he just got leadership because he was the only that had a meh power. Being a white male is already have a huge advantage oer everyone else.
    I still don't think he is special, secially on his personality full iof being insecure

Mighty Member

He isnt? he just got leadership because he was the only that had a meh power. Being a white male is already have a huge advantage oer everyone else.
    I still don't think he is special, secially on his personality full iof being insecure
    He had a meh power? What's that mean? Meh as in basic? Cause if you meant it that way, that actually proves the point of how passionate he is. That he became a leader to Omegas when his own power isn't as impressive.

Yeah being a white male gave him an advantage, but he kept it cause of his own character.

How does his being insecure mean he can't lead? He doesn't allow his insecurities to compromise his work. His insecurities affect mainly his personal life not his work.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...Which actually makes him one of the best leaders a team can have.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

He had a meh power? What's that mean? Meh as in basic? Cause if you meant it that way, that actually proves the point of how passionate he is. That he became a leader to Omegas when his own power isn't as impressive.

Yeah being a white male gave him an advantage, but he kept it cause of his own character.

How does his being insecure mean he can't lead? He doesn't allow his insecurities to compromise his work. His insecurities affect mainly his personal life not his work.
    Well he shoot concussive beams from his eyes and that is it. Giving orders to people isn't what I consider being special

every person has some insecurity, but Scott has a lot of it. He is a walking contradiction

Mighty Member

Well he shoot concussive beams from his eyes and that is it. Giving orders to people isn't what I consider being special

every person has some insecurity, but Scott has a lot of it. He is a walking contradiction
    Every person has TONS of insecurities. Hell, the more powerful they are, the more insecurities they have! I'd consider Scott another mediocre white character that deserved to be fridged forever, if he was some basic personality that has no complexity. If you want less complexity, you can always try the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    You guys do understand that Cyclops was created as the one member of the team who couldn't pass as human, right? He was for the O5 what Nightcrawler was for the ANAD team
    Warren had wings and Hank had oversized feet and hands, Scott just passed as blind.