Page 898 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3987988488888948958968978988999009019029089489981398 ... LastLast
Results 13,456 to 13,470 of 22196
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't think they're relaunching or retooling SWORD, not after six issues, anyway. The "mission statement" and direction would still be the same just with some new characters, and a new artist, on board.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Books change artists often nowadays.

Storm would be the only new character right? And considering they've had plans for her, they probably knew she'd end up in this book since day one. I guess adult Cable too but he'd be replacing himself.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think SWORD actually needs to be retooled, thought. It's one of the best X-books around.
    I'm surprised Hickman's new book isn't about Krakoa colonizing Mars.
    Oh I don't think it NEEDS to either, it's such an excellent book. But if Storm's coming onboard and a new mission statement, cast and focus are in the cards, I don't believe for a second Marvel will not take the opportunity to relaunch it. X-Men didn't strictly need to get a new #1 either, but hey, new X-Men team, new number 1.

Mighty Member

Adding one new character in issue 6 that was planned from the beginning is not the same as the writer changing, and a totally new chapter w a new cast.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Adding one new character in issue 6 that was planned from the beginning is not the same as the writer changing, and a totally new chapter w a new cast.

I guess we shall see in a few months whether we have SWORD #10 or SWORD (vol. 3) #1, or Storm and her Amazing Friends in Space #1 LOL

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

I guess we shall see in a few months whether we have SWORD #10 or SWORD (vol. 3) #1, or Storm and her Amazing Friends in Space #1 LOL
    I mean we already know that Excalibur is on a skip month - unless you think they're relaunching that and New Mutants as well?

Valerio Schiti said that SWORD was continuing but he wasn't the artist a while back.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yeah, I’m not sure it’s so much a reboot of SWORD with a renumbering and all as it is just upgrading the cast some. With the better version of Cable (the only true version) and the goddess of the elements. And of course now Ewing finally gets to tell his story, as opposed to being hijacked by other people’s crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I mean we already know that Excalibur is on a skip month - unless you think they're relaunching that and New Mutants as well?

Valerio Schiti said that SWORD was continuing but he wasn't the artist a while back.
    Oh no I don't think SWORD is being relaunched just because it's skipping a month. Rather, if Storm's coming onboard and a new artist and mission statement are afoot, I can easily see Marvel either renumbering it or relaunching it with a new title.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Oh no I don't think SWORD is being relaunched just because it's skipping a month. Rather, if Storm's coming onboard and a new artist and mission statement are afoot, I can easily see Marvel either renumbering it or relaunching it with a new title.
    That would be fair if Ewing didn't already establish that the council member that's featuring on SWORD would be changing or if we didn't already know Storm was probably going there based on the Reign of X teaser.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

From Bob Q’s Twitter.
    Kurt isn’t happy...
    FC7F6DC2-1633-4C44-955D-45A3B10CFE1A.jpg

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Storm by Dauterman
    Storm 13.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Storm by Dauterman
    Storm 13.jpg
    Beautiful, I find that Russell is channelling Marc Silvestri's Ororo here who was one of my all-time faves.

Lol i have no idea whats even going on in these pictures ��
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Okay so.... that must be Horticulture? Was that their name? And then the Apes were teased in the X-Men image of the group, in addition to the apes from one of the earliest (if not first) issue of Hickman's X-Men iirc. The rest has me stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Okay so.... that must be Horticulture? Was that their name? And then the Apes were teased in the X-Men image of the group, in addition to the apes from one of the earliest (if not first) issue of Hickman's X-Men iirc. The rest has me stumped.
    The third picture is two people with their backs to one another, so that could probably be something related to either mutant in the middle of the Inferno teaser (Mystique, Erik, Emma, Moira or Charles)
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer