Page 922 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 42282287291291891992092192292392492592693297210221422 ... LastLast
Results 13,816 to 13,830 of 22345
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    My first thought after seeing this pic. Emma Frost would never wear hot pants. LOL
    5AC30A6E-3BC1-40E8-9C13-724F82B7B5F7.jpeg she would

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
    She did, and she learned that she shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don't think Morrison's QQ would ever agree to help anyone though. That version was mostly a self indulgent narcissist. He definitely wouldn't sacrifice himself repeatedly lol.
    And we're all just ignoring QQ's last prominent activity during Strain's Generation X, y'all! Lemme see that QQ!

Fantastic Member

coa defintitley dead ....x-corp is dead may get a sixth issue in october or november but the book is canceled way of x canceled no matter how may times spurrier says hes working on something else which is true ...also hearing new mutants is a goner and sword supposedly rebranding after inferno may get a hint or two at the upcoming panel but expect a few new x-books or relaunches in jan after inferno wraps and sorry excalibur still not going anywhere

Percy ignoring Quire's past with Jumbo Carnation in their first on-panel appearance together is proof that he never read the character's introduction.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    coa defintitley dead ....x-corp is dead may get a sixth issue in october or november but the book is canceled way of x canceled no matter how may times spurrier says hes working on something else which is true ...also hearing new mutants is a goner and sword supposedly rebranding after inferno may get a hint or two at the upcoming panel but expect a few new x-books or relaunches in jan after inferno wraps and sorry excalibur still not going anywhere
    Ooh. What panel? What about Hellions? I'm also guessing X-Force will go nowhere. Wish Percy would though.

Sad about New Mutants (so I hope that rumor is wrong), and disappointed how X-Corp failed.

What X-book genres/corners have they not done yet? New XMen, Exiles. Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Ooh. What panel? What about Hellions? I'm also guessing X-Force will go nowhere. Wish Percy would though.

Sad about New Mutants (so I hope that rumor is wrong), and disappointed how X-Corp failed.

What X-book genres/corners have they not done yet? New XMen, Exiles. Any others?
    Pretty sure they’re talking about the x-panel at SDCC next week
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Pretty sure they’re talking about the x-panel at SDCC next week
    Thank you! Looking forward to the announcements next week.

BANNED

That was never a good look.

It may not be one of her best looks but it definitely is memorable
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

It's an iconic look. Quitely kinda makes everyone ugly but it looked good when Jimenez drew it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's an iconic look. Quitely kinda makes everyone ugly but it looked good when Jimenez drew it.
    Define "iconic"? Because it feels to me like the term is thrown around so much it has become hollowed out and stretched thin.

It seems that any outfit/appearance which is easily recognized by the comic fans and discussed positively, negatively or both is deemed "iconic" suddently.

But to me "iconic" means that everyone from the fan to the casualy interested will recognize the outfit and associate it with the character.

For example Superman's classic outfit and it's many variants are indeed "iconic" ("Representing something; symbolic."/"Famously and distinctively representative of its type.") because it's part of his image and therefor status as super hero "icon" ("A person or thing that is the best example of a certain profession or some doing. ").

His Superman Blue/Superman Red outfit? Not so much.

Same could go for Wolverine and his yellow and blue outfit and mask. Even though he is not as "iconic" as superman he is still in the same realm.

However Emma Frost is arguably not an "iconic" super hero character. Famous or relatively well known. Yes. But iconic? Standing besides super heroines like Wonder Woman who are recognized even by people who never watched a super hero movie, cartoon or read the comics? I would argue no.

Just based on that none of her outfits are "iconic".

Even if we go by a softer defintion, using it synonymus to "famous" and argue what outfit is most associated with a character, i would argue this outfit still isn't "iconic" for Emma Frost.

Because the two most associated outfits for Emma, even just by the general comic fandom, are her Hellfire garb from back in the Claremont days or the one that was also used in Wolverine and the X-men (pants, tube top, over the shoulders cape).

I think the correct term for her Morrison era outfit would be "infamous" because it seems mostly brought up as a bile fascination, similar the 90's Sue Storm outfit with the "4" shaped window on her chest.

But that's neither really famous nor even close to "iconic".

PS: This is not meant personal against you. Just me noticing the apparent overuse/hollowing of the word.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-15-2021 at 11:37 AM.

What are sales for New Mutants like? I thought it was doing alright.

SWORD rebranding makes sense, because the focus of the book will certainly change after adding bigger names like Storm and Cable.

Sounds like Marvel to do a relaunch/ rebrand of the entire line especially since the story isn't as contained as it originally was intended.

Astonishing Member

Several mistakes. Coa and xcorp were mini series. Xcorp being 5 coa being 6. Way of x was marked as a limited series, relaunching after inferno. And new mutans physical sales are stable and doing strong digitally with worse case relaunching after the next big event, witch is standard marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Define "iconic"? Because it feels to me like the term is thrown around so much it has become hollowed out and stretched thin.

It seems that any outfit/appearance which is easily recognized by the comic fans and discussed positively, negatively or both is deemed "iconic" suddently.

But to me "iconic" means that everyone from the fan to the casualy interested will recognize the outfit and associate it with the character.

For example Superman's classic outfit and it's many variants are indeed "iconic" ("Representing something; symbolic."/"Famously and distinctively representative of its type.") because it's part of his image and therefor status as super hero "icon" ("A person or thing that is the best example of a certain profession or some doing. ").

His Superman Blue/Superman Red outfit? Not so much.

Same could go for Wolverine and his yellow and blue outfit and mask. Even though he is not as "iconic" as superman he is still in the same realm.

However Emma Frost is arguably not an "iconic" super hero character. Famous or relatively well known. Yes. But iconic? Standing besides super heroines like Wonder Woman who are recognized even by people who never watched a super hero movie, cartoon or read the comics? I would argue no.

Just based on that none of her outfits are "iconic".

Even if we go by a softer defintion, using it synonymus to "famous" and argue what outfit is most associated with a character, i would argue this outfit still isn't "iconic" for Emma Frost.

Because the two most associated outfits for Emma, even just by the general comic fandom, are her Hellfire garb from back in the Claremont days or the one that was also used in Wolverine and the X-men (pants, tube top, over the shoulders cape).

I think the correct term for her Morrison era outfit would be "infamous" because it seems mostly brought up as a bile fascination, similar the 90's Sue Storm outfit with the "4" shaped window on her chest.

But that's neither really famous nor even close to "iconic".

PS: This is not meant personal against you. Just me noticing the apparent overuse/hollowing of the word.
    It's not that deep. As a character who changes outfits constantly instead of sticking with a costume, I do think this is one of Emma's most known looks. And it's part of a, dare I say, iconic run that defined her as a character and she wore it in some of the most, ok I'm gonna resist this time, known and important story arcs like E for Extinction and the affair with Scott, so yeah I think it's like on the top 5 iconic looks for Emma, but you're welcome to disagree.