Page 923 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 42382387391391992092192292392492592692793397310231423 ... LastLast
Results 13,831 to 13,845 of 22323

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's an iconic look. Quitely kinda makes everyone ugly but it looked good when Jimenez drew it.
    The less fabric in Emma's outfits, the more iconic she gets? Irony

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's not that deep. As a character who changes outfits constantly instead of sticking with a costume, I do think this is one of Emma's most known looks. And it's part of a, dare I say, iconic run that defined her as a character and she wore it in some of the most, ok I'm gonna resist this time, known and important story arcs like E for Extinction and the affair with Scott, so yeah I think it's like on the top 5 iconic looks for Emma, but you're welcome to disagree.
    I do disagree, but fair points for why you consider it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I actually got excited for a second thinking #24 was Percy's last issue.
    I love the Mutant CIA concept, but the guy never delivered on it. It's a Quentin & Logan book that doesn't come close to live up to the book's potential.
    Worst thing is that his take on Quentin isn't even good, it seems like he only read Aaron's take and completely ignored Morrison's concept.
    Yes the whole "mutant CIA" thing is more or less just an informed intention, rather than anything the book actualy builds up or uses properly.

Maybe i watched too many spy thrillers, like Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, Three Days of the Condor, Spy Game, The Day of Jackal or heck even James Bond and Metal Gear Solid of all things, that i have this rough set of images of how a national spy or counter intelligence organization should look like in fiction and operate inside and outside, either in terms of suspence thrillers or pure action and X-force looks laughable compared to any of that.

It's not a good sign when some of Cable's "travel the world and blow things up" incarnations of X-force seem to have worked better as spy agency unintentionaly than a whole mutant nations actualy intentional one.

They barely qualify as strike team, with nearly half of said team (Jean Grey and Collosus) actualy not wanting to be there at all (Jean downright left while Collosus is seemingly kept around without actualy being part of the team) and the less said about Black Tom Cassidy being wallpaper 9%% of the time the better.

And then there is the cheer incompentence displayed on all levels, but especialy the leadership as Beast is seemingly creating more problems than their actual villains.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-15-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    The less fabric in Emma's outfits, the more iconic she gets? Irony
    You do know what she wore as the Hellfire Club's White Queen... right?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    coa defintitley dead ....x-corp is dead may get a sixth issue in october or november but the book is canceled way of x canceled no matter how may times spurrier says hes working on something else which is true ...also hearing new mutants is a goner and sword supposedly rebranding after inferno may get a hint or two at the upcoming panel but expect a few new x-books or relaunches in jan after inferno wraps and sorry excalibur still not going anywhere
    Ugh are you serious. How tf is Excalibur surviving. I need a refresh. New writer new artist. I actually like New Mutants and Way of X.

Honestly books like X-Corp and New Mutants and Way of X shouldn’t be failing:

New Mutants has focused on the younger generation. But it still hasn’t delved into how the generation that was decimated views the Krakoan era.

X-Corp should rebrand itself to be more like the original X-Corps. Have different teams of X-Men based out of country embassies.

Way of X is good but Si needs to adapt his writing style because people either hate it or love it. There’s no in between.

IMO writers like Tini and Ben are taking advantage of the long form story telling which is good for writers to have for creative freedom. But sometimes they’re doing it for story beats that should be finished way faster. The arc ends up feeling dragged out and monotonous. Like oh we’re still doing this beat.

Like honestly get these stories done faster so we can explore other aspects of Krakoa.
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-15-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I really like this artist’s style, it has Winx Club vibes to it. And if these poses are indicative of what happens in the issue, is Emma actually going to use telekinesis for once?! That would be shocking.
    Also nice to see her wearing something that approaches normal clothes. The outfits she's been shown to wear has got to be uncomfortable as hell with all the the slippage,biding and pinching that has to be going on as she moves around.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    My first thought after seeing this pic. Emma Frost would never wear hot pants. LOL
    What's the diff between that joke leotard thingy she was wearing at that so called gala and her hot pants getup other than the hot pants combo looks a hell lot more comfortable to wear?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Also nice to see her wearing something that approaches normal clothes. The outfits she's been shown to wear has got to be uncomfortable as hell with all the the slippage,biding and pinching that has to be going on as she moves around.
    See there's your problem, you are inserting common sense into comics...stop it...

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You do know what she wore as the Hellfire Club's White Queen... right?
    But there was basically a fetish Club. And there's a comic that she says she didn't like to use that.

And the Morrison look (which I LOVE) isn't "fetish"? And which she chose to wear. My point is...wearing revealing outfits is iconic to the character (Even if she doesn't do so all the time)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And the Morrison look (which I LOVE) isn't "fetish"? And which she chose to wear. My point is...wearing revealing outfits is iconic to the character (Even if she doesn't do so all the time)
    I don't like characters wearing fetish clothes to fight evil. It's a little weird... But it's a particular taste

download.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Concept art of Emma from Marauders #23 thanks to the artist of the issue Ivan Fiorelli

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Sean looks great! Digging the kinda werewolf vibe.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Sean looks great! Digging the kinda werewolf vibe.
    Yes. He looks HAWTT...Grrrrr!!!

Concept art of Emma from Marauders #23 thanks to the artist of the issue Ivan Fiorelli

Kind of giving me Carlos Gomez/anime/animation-esque vibes...I like it .

I've been following Ivan Fiorelli for a while now and his work is so fun. It is heavily inspired by manga and really dynamic. But he doesn't take it to an exaggerated level like Humberto Ramos or David Baldeon. He draws costumes really well... he did the X-Men Evolution (cartoon) costumes on his IG page and he made those boring costumes look so good. It was a pleasant surprise to see him announced for Marauders!

His Emma (in street clothing) is not exactly my cup of tea and the power display is probably just him messing around. He probably won't be able to do that in the actual book. Also, he probably colored the image himself and went a little yellow with the hair. All things that'll be fixed when it goes to press! I'm looking forward to his run!