Page 924 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 42482487491492092192292392492592692792893497410241424 ... LastLast
Results 13,846 to 13,860 of 22277
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's it...!

The art style looks too Saturday morning cartoon animation (which is fun for Saturday morning Cartoons but not my preferred comic book illustration style). Which is a departure from what Lolli and Caselli are doing...see current Marauders preview.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's it...!

The art style looks too Saturday morning cartoon animation (which is fun for Saturday morning Cartoons but not my preferred comic book illustration style). Which is a departure from what Lolli and Caselli are doing...see current Marauders preview.
    I MISS when Saturday Morning Cartoons had this sort of character design. Now it's all that CalArts minimalist bubble people crap.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I MISS when Saturday Morning Cartoons had this sort of character design. Now it's all that CalArts minimalist bubble people crap.
    What's CalArts?

Is it a specific art style?

I'm not familiar with it, any popular examples?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What's CalArts?

Is it a specific art style?

I'm not familiar with it, any popular examples?

it's a short hand buzzword for the more roundish style that's become popular in recent animation. Using the California Institute of Arts as a short phrase cause Rebecca Sugar, of Steven Universe fame, went there.

Also cause Ren and Stimpy Creator hated them.

Even though Cal Arts doesn't actually mean anything since they have no particular style and you have Cal Arts grads working on everything from Primal to Disney movies and yes, Steven Universe too.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Figured. Probably has to do with destroying the Resurrection protocols.
    Sounding like that's the case. I figured it'd go away eventually, now that it's job of "being back all the mutant characters who died" has been accomplished

BANNED

Wait, Lmaoooooooo.

Maybe a different colorist will make it look different. Its all about colors, shading and inks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    it's a short hand buzzword for the more roundish style that's become popular in recent animation. Using the California Institute of Arts as a short phrase cause Rebecca Sugar, of Steven Universe fame, went there.

Also cause Ren and Stimpy Creator hated them.

Even though Cal Arts doesn't actually mean anything since they have no particular style and you have Cal Arts grads working on everything from Primal to Disney movies and yes, Steven Universe too.
    Ah, I see thanks for the info

So something like Adventure Time?

You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yes, that's what the original poster of the comment means.

But Zephyr is right in that it means nothing. What "CalArts" is tends to change with different popart styles, and regardless cartoons can and do often have styles like Fiorelli's. Take a look at say, Avatar/Legend of Korra/Voltron/She-Ra (three of those have the same studio but still) etc.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yes, that's what the original poster of the comment means.

But Zephyr is right in that it means nothing. What "CalArts" is tends to change with different popart styles, and regardless cartoons can and do often have styles like Fiorelli's. Take a look at say, Avatar/Legend of Korra/Voltron/She-Ra (three of those have the same studio but still) etc.
    Ahh okay, so it's whatever is part of the zeitgeist; similar to the animation style in the 80's that shared a similar style

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's it...!

Understandable point of view.

Also damn now i once again miss how there hasn't been an X-men cartoon for 13 years and Disney's own cartoons based on their marvel properties have been largely mediocre to forgetable, so it doesn't feel like there is much hope for one anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Understandable point of view.

Also damn now i once again miss how there hasn't been an X-men cartoon for 13 years and Disney's own cartoons based on their marvel properties have been largely mediocre to forgetable, so it doesn't feel like there is much hope for one anytime soon.
    They can make a good animated film/series. Hulk Vs and Avengers: EMH were both outstanding. Although based on time frame I’m sure they were both in development way before Disney took over completely so it may be a non point.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

That's one of the bad things about the movies being so popular. Every other iteration has to or wants to copy the movies.

BANNED

I see it more associated with Teen Titans Go and Thundercats Roar.