Page 947 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 44784789793794394494594694794894995095195799710471447 ... LastLast
Results 14,191 to 14,205 of 22346

Percy's Wolverine #1 earned more money than HiX-Men#1 so I am not surprised that Percy is a writer and event is Logan focused.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Wait, is this the weekly series that was supposed to be really exciting?
    People will eventually learn not to buy into the hype.

Maybe they'll give shoving Wolverine up everyone's ass until he's played out eventually. There's many folks on Marvel's twitter who are sick of him at this point too.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1432743789270126598

So phase 6 it seems of the movies and disney + so i'm expecting kamala to at least show up soon and America Chavez.

But when you see all the phases together the pattern is beyond evident.
    marvelphases0.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think I could be less excited about the next event. The combo of it being all about Wolverine AND having Percy as the writer is basically worst case scenario.
    I guess Percy's version of Quentin Quire will also get some panel time too. Yay
    Yeah, I don't even mind having a Wolverine event if someone else was writing, but...

Hmm, I agree that this could be uninteresting if it was just another round of Logan colliding with yet another unrevealed part of his Weapon X history. But reading the official synopsis, I think this might be closely related to Inferno.
    The Marvel website’s synopsis for X Lives of Wolverine / X Deaths of Wolverine:

House of X and Powers of X ushered in the First Krakoan Age of the X-Men. Now, Marvel Comics’ X Lives of Wolverine and X Deaths of Wolverine will test ‘the best there is at what he does’ before any mutant can survive to the Second Krakoan Age. Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara, and Federico Vicentini tell two interlocked tales about what happens to Wolverine when…His Pasts Meet His Future.

Notice that it says pasts (plural) and that this will come between the First and Second Krakoan Ages.
    Just my speculation here, but I think that these two mini-series are a reinvention of the Moira X ongoing book that was supposed to come out some time ago but ran into production trouble. I think it got reworked into an event with a heavy Wolverine focus in order to help in the sales department.

Rich Johnston of Bleeding Cool had a similar idea:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...erine-in-2022/

We know Logan and Moira are the only two mutants in the entire world with the blood type E. Not even Logan’s children inherited that blood type. There is a very slim possibility that Logan’s powers are either related to or similar to Moira’s.
    We also know that Moira and Logan had arranged for him to kill her when things went horribly wrong in at least two of her past lives (life 6 and life 9). It is possible that Moira and Logan knew each other in her other lives as well. There is a lot of her history we still don’t know yet.

If we look closely at the new timeline of upcoming comics, XLoW / XDoW begins in the first week of January 2022. The December solicits are not out yet, but if we follow the previous trends, Inferno 4 will drop on the last week of December 2021. It will probably mark the end of the ‘Reign of X’ era.
    My theory is that during Inferno, Destiny will be resurrected, Sabertooth will be freed and the truth of Moira’s past lives as well as her ‘mutants always lose’ belief is revealed to the Krakoans. This, together with the revelation of other secrets (Psylocke, Colossus, Bishop), will probably break the trust of the Krakoan public.

After Inferno 4, we jump straight into the past with XLoW / XDoW, which chronicles the 10 lives of Moira from the point of view of Wolverine, adding more context to Inferno and why Moira does the things she does. bishop66 mentioned in another thread that they heard that this was a 10-issue event. If that’s true, that means 5 issues of Lives and 5 issues of Death, HOX/POX style, ending in March.
    Then, we come back to the present in March with a new, ‘refocused’ line of books under a ’(insert word) of X’ banner. This will probably be the beginning of the Second Krakoan Age, where the unity of the previous age has eroded a bit due to the Inferno revelations. Some mutants (probably Mystique, Destiny, Moira?, Sabertooth, Sinister, Beast?) will be on the run, the X-Men will distance themselves slightly from the Council, there will be political turmoil within the fractured Quiet Council, and so on.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong, and this is more of a Crisis of Wolverines type deal, but I think that this is a strong possibility.

Will have to get two copies now
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Percy's Wolverine #1 earned more money than HiX-Men#1 so I am not surprised that Percy is a writer and event is Logan focused.
    It's by far the most successful X-Title besides the flagship X-Men one, so it's really not a surprise honestly. At the end this is a business and really nothing more.

Also sometimes the people here forget that the average superhero reader is a 45 year old male that's reads since the 80s (according to Dan Didio who should know) and that only 5% of readers use twitter (according to Mark Millar, who once again should know). There is a whole different reader base that loves Wolverine and stuff likes Aaron's Avengers and Slott's Fantastic Four, this forum and comics twitter (or what's left of it) is a tiny echo chamber/bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    People will eventually learn not to buy into the hype.

Maybe they'll give shoving Wolverine up everyone's ass until he's played out eventually. There's many folks on Marvel's twitter who are sick of him at this point too.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1432743789270126598
    Twitter is no more a barometer for the real world than this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Hmm, I agree that this could be uninteresting if it was just another round of Logan colliding with yet another unrevealed part of his Weapon X history. But reading the official synopsis, I think this might be closely related to Inferno.
    The Marvel website’s synopsis for X Lives of Wolverine / X Deaths of Wolverine:

House of X and Powers of X ushered in the First Krakoan Age of the X-Men. Now, Marvel Comics’ X Lives of Wolverine and X Deaths of Wolverine will test ‘the best there is at what he does’ before any mutant can survive to the Second Krakoan Age. Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara, and Federico Vicentini tell two interlocked tales about what happens to Wolverine when…His Pasts Meet His Future.

Notice that it says pasts (plural) and that this will come between the First and Second Krakoan Ages.
    Just my speculation here, but I think that these two mini-series are a reinvention of the Moira X ongoing book that was supposed to come out some time ago but ran into production trouble. I think it got reworked into an event with a heavy Wolverine focus in order to help in the sales department.

Rich Johnston of Bleeding Cool had a similar idea:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...erine-in-2022/

We know Logan and Moira are the only two mutants in the entire world with the blood type E. Not even Logan’s children inherited that blood type. There is a very slim possibility that Logan’s powers are either related to or similar to Moira’s.
    We also know that Moira and Logan had arranged for him to kill her when things went horribly wrong in at least two of her past lives (life 6 and life 9). It is possible that Moira and Logan knew each other in her other lives as well. There is a lot of her history we still don’t know yet.

If we look closely at the new timeline of upcoming comics, XLoW / XDoW begins in the first week of January 2022. The December solicits are not out yet, but if we follow the previous trends, Inferno 4 will drop on the last week of December 2021. It will probably mark the end of the ‘Reign of X’ era.
    My theory is that during Inferno, Destiny will be resurrected, Sabertooth will be freed and the truth of Moira’s past lives as well as her ‘mutants always lose’ belief is revealed to the Krakoans. This, together with the revelation of other secrets (Psylocke, Colossus, Bishop), will probably break the trust of the Krakoan public.

After Inferno 4, we jump straight into the past with XLoW / XDoW, which chronicles the 10 lives of Moira from the point of view of Wolverine, adding more context to Inferno and why Moira does the things she does. bishop66 mentioned in another thread that they heard that this was a 10-issue event. If that’s true, that means 5 issues of Lives and 5 issues of Death, HOX/POX style, ending in March.
    Then, we come back to the present in March with a new, ‘refocused’ line of books under a ’(insert word) of X’ banner. This will probably be the beginning of the Second Krakoan Age, where the unity of the previous age has eroded a bit due to the Inferno revelations. Some mutants (probably Mystique, Destiny, Moira?, Sabertooth, Sinister, Beast?) will be on the run, the X-Men will distance themselves slightly from the Council, there will be political turmoil within the fractured Quiet Council, and so on.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong, and this is more of a Crisis of Wolverines type deal, but I think that this is a strong possibility.
    I think it will be good because Percy has been great on wolverine imo and as i've said he writes a great Storm and Jean, X-force has been hit or miss because a lot of the cast has yet to have any focus but overall it is still a good book but for me, this is just more of the same in that. All white leads ushered in the first age of krakoa and here we go again with the same process. It's like dang at this point i'd take sunspot, bishop, tempo (who would make more sense given her time powers) Windancer. Why does everything have to start in the same place with the same kind of people ALL THE TIME. But again, for the record i think Percy will hit it out the park but i am just beyond over it. But who knows maybe previews will be surprising. But from what i read the usual builders, Iron man, Daredevil, Wolverine. Why not miles or Luke cage. They don't even try it feels like.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This chart looks almost exactly like hickman's idea to launch a line. Seems like after timeless there is a new streamline with books being introduced every two weeks. conincidence?
    I assumed these books were all unrelated. Wasn't looking at the release schedule that way at all. I don't think Timeless will play into the Wolverine story at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Exactly! Wolverine has been among the highest selling x-books in the Krakoa era, only X-men has sold more and sometimes not by that much. And other books don't come close to his sales, not Sword, not Marauders, not Hellions, so this book is 100% justifiable. And again the complaints that Wolverine is overexposed or is being shoved down our throats is laughable at best and disingenuous at worst. Since the Krakoan era began Logan as just been there, not standing out at all; confined to X-force and his solo. Certainly not a power player or mover and shaker, not on the QC, not one of the Captains, wasn't voted on to the X-men team. But people are complaining about to much Wolverine. I guarantee if Wolverine's name was replaced with another many of the posters would be excited and eager for the books. As always it comes down to whichever character you're a fan of and whichever character you hate. Wolverine has a lot of haters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I could not be more excited for this. Headcanon activate lol. Percy has killed it on Wolverine and Cassara is top tier. Marvel doing it right.
    Dude you literally called it the other. We got a big brain over here.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You can say that about anything online. lol

In any case, those who don't like don't have to read. But it's nice to vent from time to time while waiting for something good. That's all some fans have, depending on their interests.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Exactly! Wolverine has been among the highest selling x-books in the Krakoa era, only X-men has sold more and sometimes not by that much. And other books don't come close to his sales, not Sword, not Marauders, not Hellions, so this book is 100% justifiable. And again the complaints that Wolverine is overexposed or is being shoved down our throats is laughable at best and disingenuous at worst. Since the Krakoan era began Logan as just been there, not standing out at all; confined to X-force and his solo. Certainly not a power player or mover and shaker, not on the QC, not one of the Captains, wasn't voted on to the X-men team. But people are complaining about to much Wolverine. I guarantee if Wolverine's name was replaced with another many of the posters would be excited and eager for the books. As always it comes down to whichever character you're a fan of and whichever character you hate. Wolverine has a lot of haters on this board.
    I think that's not a fair take here. I mean, I know the majority of the X-Fans in general does understand that Wolverine is the most popular. Hell, even casual fans know that. We understand the why, but it can be dissapointing when it feels like the rest will never get the same kind of push. So much like it's not surprising that it is all about Logan, is also not surprising that some of us wish it wasn't the case. I will wait for more info though.

The best we can hope for is that his supporting cast provides with some favorites here and there. Hoping for his children in particular myself. But it's all a we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    You can say that about anything online. lol

In any case, those who don't like don't have to read. But it's nice to vent from time to time while waiting for something good. That's all some fans have, depending on their interests.
    Fair enough. I did plenty of venting about Kid Cable until they brought the OG version of Cable back. So by all means, vent away.