Page 969 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 469869919959965966967968969970971972973979101910691469 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,535 of 22347
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Because you shouldn't treat your Teleporters as public transport. That's offensive.
    Why not? Work them to DEATH! Then resurrect them. Books like X-Force have shown they don't mind killing people over and over again.

But also, didn't they invent a machine that teleports people? and wasn't there even a teleporting happy sentinel? Prob from a run that wasn't popular enough to be cannon..

Extraordinary Member

They could have Magik sit in front of a computer screen making portals for everyone all the time. or they can have her be a captain and teacher and fighter. As it is they use her for transportation very heavily. I would think that they'd use Blink and Gateway more often and possibly develop a system whereby they take shifts in being the main teleporter. But with Krakoan gates all over the place it's not that necessary.

I mean, I'm sure some teleporters and portal-makers would be fine working as transport to save lives or help Krakoa. That's using your power for your job.

That said, the Marauders ship makes sense compared to a jet. We've seen that there are places where Krakoan Gates are heavily guarded and mutants can't escape on their own. Being able to sneak around, then leave quickly and quietly would be beneficial for some of the Marauders' missions. If you have a jet, everyone's gonna see you coming from a mile away, you'll need to find parking, and it'd be easier for their enemies to find and surround it. While you do wanna get in and out of a location ASAP, and get people to Krakoa quickly, the Marauders could simply sail to a place with a safe Gate and dump mutant cargo through it.

I was gonna say "teleportation would be conspicuous and there are ways to detect if a mutant is using their powers," but the Marauders regularly use their powers and gets into fight anyway, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And stealth hasn't always been an asset, either. Teleporting does seem to be the best option, but the teleporters/portal-makers with enough power to help are probably busy. We know Magik sure as hell is. Or maybe the writers are afraid that Slipstream's unbridled coolness will overshadow the rest of the cast.

Mighty Member

If you have a jet, everyone's gonna see you coming from a mile away, you'll need to find parking, and it'd be easier for their enemies to find and surround it. While you do wanna get in and out of a location ASAP, and get people to Krakoa quickly, the Marauders could simply sail to a place with a safe Gate and dump mutant cargo through it.
    But it's a mutant jet! So it'd be invisible and not noticeable by a lot of the places they're going too. Sure maybe Shiiar tech could locate jets, but many of these countries would not have access to that. And parking? It can just float and pick up people like alien ships do. This whole why use boats when you have jets when you have gates when you have teleporters when you have machines is a never ending rabbit hole is my point.

Let's be real, the real reason it's a freaking boat, it's cause it sounds cool and kinda is. We just have to ignore logic here and considering we're reading about super powers Id say we're already ignoring logic.

Incredible Member

Saying that boats are obsolete because of teleporters is very much the mindset that all transportation is obsolete because Krakoa has so many teleporters. Might as well say the gates are obsolete because of the teleporters.

Mighty Member

teleporters aren't gonna do logistical cargo work for god damn nothing. Magik even at her most lenient wasn't down for nebulous busy work. There's no reason to assume any of the other teleporters would be so willing.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Saying that boats are obsolete because of teleporters is very much the mindset that all transportation is obsolete because Krakoa has so many teleporters. Might as well say the gates are obsolete because of the teleporters.
    Difference is that the gates, like teleporters, also offer instant transportation to pretty much anywhere.

Mighty Member

I feel like y'all forget that for most deliveries the boats aren't used, the portals are. The boats are specifically for locations where porting in isn't an easy option.

Boats are cool. Objection overruled.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Difference is that the gates, like teleporters, also offer instant transportation to pretty much anywhere.
    Only if your near a gate, its not like there a gate every five feet? And I have not seen any massive gates for cargo.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Only if your near a gate, its not like there a gate every five feet? And I have not seen any massive gates for cargo.
    If the Marauders whole premise is to deliver goods and rescue people, going by boat shows quite a lack of urgency lol.

“Oh the Marauders are 5 days out. They’re coming by boat.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    If the Marauders whole premise is to deliver goods and rescue people, going by boat shows quite a lack of urgency lol.

“Oh the Marauders are 5 days out. They’re coming by boat.”
    Thats assuming it travels in regular speed, the boat really was a spaceship, so my guess is it traveled faster then a normal boat.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Doesn't make any difference if the infrastructure surrounding the gate isn't set up to support the traffic coming and going from the gate.. With a ship you can basically park it somewhere untill you are ready to load/unload it. What are you going to with the the stuff from the gate if you really aren't setup to handle it?

Jamie McKelvie's X-Men #5 variant.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

That is a fantastic cover
    Make Good Art