Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Do you have a link to him saying this? I'd love to read what he said & when he said it.
    No I don't, but I don't think he meant what you think he means, I think Way probably meant that more DC characters would pop up in Young Animal titles. (Like Superman guest starring in Cave Carson, and Shade the Changing Girl visiting Gotham City.)

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Elongated Man. I'll have to think on the creative team.
    My pick would be Kurt Busiek as writer, because he does very well writing characters with long histories, and for an artist I would pick Howard Cruse, because I think an R. Crumb like artist could work well with Elongated Man.

I already have stated that I wanted a Hellblazer series set during the seventies at Young Animal, but I'm going to explain further. While I would like a John Constantine series at Vertigo, I would most prefer it to be in Vertigo Hellblazer continuity, not New Fifty Two Continuity, but obviously that would be a difficult feat to accomplish, since John Constantine sort of.. (Kind of, I guess...) died in the final issue of Hellblazer, and then I remembered that the Vertigo John Constantine aged in real time, unlike most comic book characters, so an idea popped into my head... why not do a Hellblazer series during the seventies?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    No I don't, but I don't think he meant what you think he means, I think Way probably meant that more DC characters would pop up in Young Animal titles. (Like Superman guest starring in Cave Carson, and Shade the Changing Girl visiting Gotham City.)
    This is probably the best way to use mainstream characters for this imprint, anyway. When you read a Superman issue it's always fun, but you don't get a real rush when you see him. It's expected. Every Batman or Superman appearance in the Young Animal titles has felt very profound & well executed. It's either been a pleasant surprise (in the Case of Batman's appearances in Mother Panic & Bug!: The Adventures of Forager) or highly anticipated (Superman in Cave Carson) & did not disappoint.

Here we see Gerard Way talk a little bit about his creative process & what it's like curating an entire imprint. Really interesting stuff here.

https://youtu.be/7f1m3RA2Ah0

One last thought: Way stated that in 2017 the goal is to build around the titles already established in the Young Animal line & experiment with mini-series. The statement definitely hinted at the possibility of more mini-series. What titles do you guys think would fit that format that you'd like to see come soon? What creative teams?
    MARVEL - All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men Gold, Thanos, Hawkeye (trade)
    DC - Doom Patrol, Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye, Shade the Changing Girl, Mother Panic, Bug!: The Adventures of Forager, Mister Miracle
    Non-Big Two - Forever waiting on another arc of The Umbrella Academy, I Hate Fairyland (trade)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    This is probably the best way to use mainstream characters for this imprint, anyway. When you read a Superman issue it's always fun, but you don't get a real rush when you see him. It's expected. Every Batman or Superman appearance in the Young Animal titles has felt very profound & well executed. It's either been a pleasant surprise (in the Case of Batman's appearances in Mother Panic & Bug!: The Adventures of Forager) or highly anticipated (Superman in Cave Carson) & did not disappoint.

Here we see Gerard Way talk a little bit about his creative process & what it's like curating an entire imprint. Really interesting stuff here.

https://youtu.be/7f1m3RA2Ah0

One last thought: Way stated that in 2017 the goal is to build around the titles already established in the Young Animal line & experiment with mini-series. The statement definitely hinted at the possibility of more mini-series. What titles do you guys think would fit that format that you'd like to see come soon? What creative teams?
    I think a David Mack Black Orchid mini series would fit that criteria, after reading his Kabuki series, I think that would be interesting, also it would be interesting to see his more black and white style he had in the early issues of Kabuki, rather than his painted style that he is most known for.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...97578335270529

I think a David Mack Black Orchid mini series would fit that criteria, after reading his Kabuki series, I think that would be interesting, also it would be interesting to see his more black and white style he had in the early issues of Kabuki, rather than his painted style that he is most known for.
    Okay my link sort of failed but you should look up some of David Mack's earlier illustrations.

His painted style would be a very fitting follow-up to the Gaiman/McKean mini-series.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.