Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

A lot of people want too see Dr. Poison brought back, perhaps as Wonder Woman's love interest.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    A lot of people want too see Dr. Poison brought back, perhaps as Wonder Woman's love interest.
    Well in the comics Dr. Poison's grand daughter was a villain, but with this time scale, it would have to a be a great grand daughter. But Dr. Poison should not survive from WW1 to modern day to menace Wonder Woman, leave the original in the past.

But frankly I see no reason to pair up Dr. Poison with WW, I can't imagine WW wanting to hook up with someone who likes to poison people, if you are going to pair up Wonder Woman with another woman, there are better options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Do we really need contrived ways to bring back characters who died honorable deaths?
    Yes. Because Chris Pine is coming back in some form or another, he's signed a multi-picture deal. And he should be back as his and Gadot's chemistry is a big part of what made the first movie work. That shouldn't be lost. It doesn't negate his sacrifice if he's brought back through no choice of his own. As far as contrived resurrections...I think the closer movies stay to their comic counterparts, the better. I'm tired of shying away from some of the more wacky events in comics lore in favor of trying to fruitlessly find some sense of realism.

Its either that or a descendent of Steve played by Pine as well.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-06-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yes. Because Chris Pine is coming back in some form or another, he's signed a multi-picture deal. And he should be back as his and Gadot's chemistry is a big part of what made the first movie work. That shouldn't be lost. It doesn't negate his sacrifice if he's brought back through no choice of his own. As far as contrived resurrections...I think the closer movies stay to their comic counterparts, the better. I'm tired of shying away from some of the more wacky events in comics lore in favor of trying to fruitlessly find some sense of realism.

There is a difference between wacky story telling and contrived story telling designed to create cheap drama from killing a character and then undoing that drama by bringing them back, negating the purpose for killing them off in the first place.

9 out 10 stories that bring back a dead character are not very good, IMO.

Why would they want someone 100 years out of date for that job? Even if he somehow survived, coming up with way to say he is still alive in modern times, will likely seem pretty lame.

Also what is the point of a heroic sacrifice, if the person survives, that undermines the whole sacrifice.
    don't be silly, if diana learned a lesson from his "sacrifice" then it wouldn't be undermined. it sounds like you just don't want steve around, which is crazy considering these two have had the best on-screen chemistry for a super-hero film in what feels like ages.

There is a difference between wacky story telling and contrived story telling designed to create cheap drama from killing a character and then undoing that drama by bringing them back, negating the purpose for killing them off in the first place.

9 out 10 stories that bring back a dead character are not very good, IMO.
    I don't think there's much a difference at all. Resurrections are a wacky development possible in comic book verses. I'm not trying to convince you to like the idea, just that its rather semantics to single out resurrection over all the other crazy stuff in superhero lore. A whole hell of a lot of stuff about superheroes are contrived. If avoiding contrivance is that important, might as well not even make superhero films in the first place, imo.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-06-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

-I want Ares to come back, maybe in the third movie, give David Thewlis another crack at the character.
    -Cheeta
    -Arrow style flashbacks about what she was up to during WWII and the Cold War. Maybe about her hunting down Doctor Poison since she escaped at the end of the first movie.
    -Return to Themyscira
    -Artemis

Something that revolves around Steve Trevor being resurrected by the not-dead gods. Diana fighting to keep him alive after said resurrection, and forces trying to take him back and manipulate them both (Circe). Fit Cheetah in if possible but if not, save her for III.
    I like this. As I said in another thread, I have never been a Steve Trevor fan but, man, Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot and especially Chris Pine finally got the character right. I hope they figure out a way to include Pine in the sequel.

Incredible Member

Wonder woman 2: war of the gods.

Ares returns, and bring a war to 50's america between the Greek and Roman gods. Including the roman gods chosen champion, shazam. The resulting war leads to the destruction of both pantheons and a post credit hint at the origin of darkside.

Wonder woman 3: the new gods.

1969. Wonder woman has spent the past 10 years, depowered, and learning martial arts from i-ching. Her powers are slowly returning in time to help the new god, Orion from stopping the combined might of glorious Godfrey and granny goodness.

I don't think that would work in the movie like it did in the TV show unless Steve lied to Diana. To me, Pine telegraphed that he too was, in a way, naive about relationships and commitment because I got the sense that Steve was not the marrying type. Sure he could've slept around as a spy and left a kid somewhere without knowing about it, but he didn't strike me as someone who had time for that. He was mindful of the culture he grew up in (born in the late 1800's) and then he dedicated most of his life to his military career.

I do like the deus ex machina idea of the gods stepping in to rescue Steve right before that explosion in the sky could have killed him. And I completely agree that so much of this movie succeeded because of the palpable chemistry and rapport between Gadot and Pine. What a shame it would be to lose that in the next movie.
    Last edited by NYCER; 06-06-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

More Etta Candy.

World War II - Ares children Phobos and Deimos, the twin Gods of Horror and Terror, decide to attack Wonder Woman for defeating their father and use WW2 as the setting. They have Paula Von Gunther pretend to be an ally to Wonder Woman and spy on her, learning her every weakness meanwhile having Red Panzer and his Nazi soldiers fight Wonder Woman and the Allies. (Also would like to see some references to Golden Age DC Heroes)

Cold War - Ares' daughter Eris feels its her chance to take down Wonder Woman so she gathers Russian scientist, Dr. Cylvia Cyber and Chinese scientist, Chang Tzu to use their science to help her defeat Wonder Woman. As punishment for their first failures in the movie, Eris turns Chang Tzu into a huge sentient egg called Egg-Fu and combines Cyber with some of her tech, turning her into Dr. Cyber.

Iraq War - After Amanda Waller failed with Suicide Squad A.R.G.U.S. replaced her with Maxwell Lord, a metahuman (or maybe a Greek demigod) with telepathic powers, who convinces Diana to work with them and the US government. When she refuses to kill some young terrorists, Lord uses his powers and forces her to kill. Using the Lasso of Truth on Lord she finds out that the men she was force to kill were only suspected terrorists and Lord doesn't care if they were innocent. In a fit of rage, and before Lord can make her forget the killings, Diana kills Lord. Seeing this Circe, who swore revenge on the Amazon Queen and her family, after being imprisoned for many years thanks to the Amazons, and planned all of this to happen. Circe gathers the soil and corpses of every place and person Wonder Woman has killed, ending with Lord, and through magic and Lord's mental powers fuses them together and creates the monster Genocide.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 06-06-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Spectacular Member CaptainCanada's Avatar

Yes. Because Chris Pine is coming back in some form or another, he's signed a multi-picture deal.
    Multi-film deals are standard for franchises; they don't want to close off options, which would include things like flashbacks or visions.

Pine already nixed that. Thankfully, because it's a terrible idea, just like it was a terrible idea back when people wanted Hayley Atwell to play Sharon Carter. Steve was a great character, and he had a moving story; bringing him back or trying to play the "identical descendant" card (which wouldn't even fit with movie Steve's indicated backstory anyway) would just undermine that.

As far as the setting, I'd prefer to see it set in the present, as that imposes fewer narrative constraints, particularly in regards to publicity. Diana can't do anything high-profile if the movie is set prior to the events of Batman v Superman, and one thing I'd like to see more of in the sequel is Diana as a public figure.

Trevor Barnes for Diana's new love interest!!!
    Richard Alexander

Mighty Member

1. Id like the God Watch or the Savage Moon story tho Savage Moon would work better as the third film so they can set up Artemis and Barbara.

2. I want Steve and Etta back. I don't agree that bringing Steve back would undermine the impact of his death because that will always be with Diana. Steve was such an important and enjoyable part of the first film it'd be a shame to not use him again esp since there are so many ways to bring him back(mythology or science). I also think that they should try to use this time she has in the spotlight to give her a supporting cast.

3. Modern Day because I don't want them going back with the character

4. Build up her mythology. I want to see the Invisible Jet/Plane, Kangas, Restoration Island, etc. Also I want to see how she got the name Wonder Woman.

5. I want to know more about Amazon culture and all the variations within the amazons like Amazonian priests, scientist, witches, etc. along with a little more of their culture.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 06-06-2017 at 07:56 PM.