Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If I recall, all the other gods died fighting Ares. Then Zeus tried to kill Ares with his magic lightning, but it didn't work. So Zeus gave the Amazons the god-killer--and then I guess Zeus crawled off to die in some corner of heaven. Then eons later, Ares brings down the magic lightning and fires it at Diana, but she reflects it back at him with her magic bracelets--thus destroying Ares. So you could suppose the release of all that god-energy at Ares' death brought the other gods back to life--or else brough new gods into existence.
    That seems a bit of a cheap way to bring them back. They chose to kill them off and it should stay that way. I didn't like it either while watching the film (especially because it reduces Aphrodite's and Athena's influences on Diana's life), but that's the way the cookie crumbled.

I hope Chris Pine comes back. We never see. To get Steve and Diana as a couple. I mean JL action Superman and Diana

Retired

I'd say, if we actually saw the battle between the gods and Ares, then we'd be in a better position to know what happened. But the way it's presented in the movie, it's a bedtime story that the queen tells to her little child.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope Chris Pine comes back. We never see. To get Steve and Diana as a couple. I mean JL action Superman and Diana
    That's another major issue I'd have with a sequel. Yes, Chris Pine was amazing in this film. But he died. Bringing him back is such a huge cop out for a film that is about the realism and the horror of war, comic book movie or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'd say, if we actually saw the battle between the gods and Ares, then we'd be in a better position to know what happened. But the way it's presented in the movie, it's a bedtime story that the queen tells to her little child.
    And I'd agree with that if we didn't hear Ares flat out say that he killed the other gods. If there had been any sort of hint, any whatsoever, that this was a lie and that the gods still existed, then I'd be all for it. But we got confirmations twice in the film that the gods are dead.

Retired

I'd like to see the old gods come back some way, but it seems more likely that we'll get the New Gods. Which isn't too bad.

Ultimate Member

For me its more that we just got a movie where the Greek gods (through Ares) play an important role. So I don't really want to see them go there again so soon. In a third film, sure. But I want something truly different next time.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I've had my fill of the gods so I hope they are at most, mentioned only in the films from here on out. The next movie NEEDS to feature the Cheetah as the main antagonist. Superman's movies have featured Luthor, Batman's have featured the Joker, now it's time for Wonder Woman's to do the same with her arch-nemesis. Make Cheetah goddess so she can go toe to toe with Diana. Perhaps when Artemis died, somehow her power made it's way into Priscilla Rich or Barbara Minerva causing one of them to become the new Goddess of the Hunt. As far as supporting characters go, with Steve and Etta dead(unless she's alive in her late 90s), I'd like to see the film feature Donna Troy as Diana's apprentice, Tom Tresser aka Nemesis as her new love interest, and Hessia as her confidant. Base the film in Washington D.C. or Gateway City. Use the Invisible Jet and I can die a happy man.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I don't want Tom Tresser within fifty years of any Wonder Woman film
    nor do I want giant white apes jumping around in her apartment

............. Gorillas

All-New Member

cheeta for days

Just a few things:

1. No return of Steve Trevor. Bringing him back reduces the impact of his sacrifice.

2. Flashbacks over history, especially Diana and Etta following the war and Steve's death. What happened to the rest of the men who traveled with them would be nice as well.

3. I want a descendant of Maru to be made out to be the villain only to find out she's one of Diana's allies due to Diana have spared her ancestor. Essentially, I want to see that Diana's love changed one of the bad guys for the better.

All-New Member

cheetah cheetahcheetah cheetahcheetah cheetahcheetah cheetahcheetah cheetahcheetah cheetah

All-New Member

i cried when steve died

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I don't want Tom Tresser within fifty years of any Wonder Woman film
    nor do I want giant white apes jumping around in her apartment

I wanted Diana to be with Steve but after the first film's ending, that's no likely to happen so Tom is my 2nd choice for Diana. He beats out Trevor Barnes, Orion, or Champion/Hercules.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Retired

If Steve isn't going to be in the next movie, then I don't think they need to establish another boyrfirend in his place. The first movie only gave us Etta Candy in man's world and I would like to see Diana with a whole bunch of other women: Barbara Ann Minerva, Circe, Baroness Paula von Gunther, Dr. Cyber, Big Barda . . . for starters.