Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Yah i'd definitely like to see the second Wonder Woman movie set during the 1930s and feature Cheetah. Not really wanting more Nazis in a hero film, I can just accept that she fought them off screen and move on to modern day.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

- Circe as the main villain ( Eva Green would be great in my opinion)
    - Bring Steve Trevor back (resurrected by Circe or something like that, I Can't really see anyone else as Diana's love interest after the movie, best on screen couple I have seen since Han and Leia in star wars.)
    - Brief appearance from Superman and Batman- Maybe a quick team up scene at the beginning of the movie - similar to the big action scene that always happens at the beginning of Bond films. Does not need to relate to the main move but a quick 5 mins scene of the trinity in action would be awesome and a great way to connect it to the DCEU without feeling forced.
    -Donna Troy (Alexandra Daddario would be great in my opinion)
    - Appearance by Barbara Minerva (Olivia Wilde would be great for the role in my opinion)- supporting role, save cheetah for the 3rd movie. Cheetah is a villain that I think would need time to be done correctly, I feel like if they tried to introduce barbara turn her into cheetah and be dealt with in one movie would be a huge mistake and would reduce the impact of her turning into cheetah.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Not really wanting more Nazis in a hero film, I can just accept that she fought them off screen and move on to modern day.
    Yeah, my imagination is pulling hard from Indiana Jones, Hellboy, and CA:TFA, where Nazis have a specialized occult department. I totally understand people have Nazi fatigue, especially in light of the Secret Empire event. I still think there's room to introduce a few Nazis for Diana to punch. I think the advent of stealth bomber technology really opens up the possibilities of an Invisible Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yeah, my imagination is pulling hard from Indiana Jones, Hellboy, and CA:TFA, where Nazis have a specialized occult department. I totally understand people have Nazi fatigue, especially in light of the Secret Empire event. I still think there's room to introduce a few Nazis for Diana to punch. I think the advent of stealth bomber technology really opens up the possibilities of an Invisible Jet.
    Yah I can see that. Part of it, also, is that now we've seen WW in a World War film already. So its a bit of a been there, done that in more ways than just movies in general. Invisible Jet would be cool, though, thats another thing I was really hoping for from this film that didn't happen, along with the purple healing ray.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

I'd like to see her WWII-era adventures at some point--but, if the success of this movie makes its likely that there may be several sequels instead of just one or two, maybe there's no rush. IF tht's the case, I'd like to first sequel to show us what she's doing shortly after the events of the first movie (if not immediately after it, just a few years later, in the early 20s).

Did Etta introduce her to suffragettes and does she become a mentor to some of them (who could then be a new version of the Holliday Girls)? Does someone who saw her demonstrate her linguistic chops in Parliament look her up and get her involved in the archaeological digs that resumed after WWI (leading to the discovery of King Tut's tomb--but, in the DCEU, they could have led to the discovery of any kind of ancient McGuffin that would feed into the plot. And she could meet Kent Nelson.) Does she become Nurse (or Doctor!) Diana Prince in order to help WWI veterans and shell shock victims like Charlie? Does she go to America to try to help Chief? Does she meet flappers there? (Jenkins mentioned in one old interview that the sequel would take her to America, and I think the Roaring Twenties, or just before, could be a fun time period for that.) America aside, does she meet Gandhi and try to work for peace and justice within he British Empire? There was a lot going on around that time that could lend a little color to a Wonder Woman movie, so I hope they don't rush past it if they don't have to.

Whatever time period the movie is set in, I wouldn't mind seeing her getting a chance to return to Paradise Island but choose instead to stay and help the rest of the world. (After all, her letter Bruce said "I stay," which she implies that at some point she had a choice.) I'd also like to see more about Diana's destiny stemming form the whole "God Killer" thing; I know it seems like she already fulfilled that, but it seems odd to me that it would be over and done with and the end of the first movie--maybe Ares will come back, or maybe there'll be a new god of war or other godly adversary that Zeus saw on the horizon.

Speaking of Ares, I wouldn't mind finding a damaged and disoriented version of him among other veterans that she might be helping; she could then do that classic Wonder Woman thing, trying to help her enemy become a better person (or god).

Ooh, and maybe Siracca could show up. I think her origin in the comic happened in the 1910's--although I guess that would have to be didfferent here, since the gods are currently dead. (And, by the way, I wouldn't mind seeing them start to come back.)
    Last edited by Silvanus; 06-12-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Looks like they may cover WWII story (and more?) via Wonder Woman Flashback scenes in Justice League...that would mean we can deal with present day in the sequels.

http://batman-news.com/2017/06/13/ju...an-flashbacks/
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Looks like they may cover WWII story (and more?) via Wonder Woman Flashback scenes in Justice League...that would mean we can deal with present day in the sequels.

http://batman-news.com/2017/06/13/ju...an-flashbacks/
    I don't know about WWII flashbacks; CBR's speculation was that these scenes would be from WWI, and the plane in the set photo does have the kind of cross that was used during WWI and not WWII,

Also, Barman News now isn't sure that these set photos are from Justice League:

Quote Originally Posted by http://batman-news.com/2017/06/13/justice-league-reshoot-set-photos-wonder-woman-flashbacks/
    Update: Sources tell Batman News that Disney’s Dumbo is also shooting at the Cardington Sheds in Bedfordshire, England. It’s possible that these photos are of props from that movie and not Justice League.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 06-13-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    I don't know about WWII flashbacks; CBR's speculation was that these scenes would be from WWI, and the plane in the set photo does have the kind of cross that was used during WWI and not WWII,

Also, Barman News now isn't sure that these set photos are from Justice League:
    Yes, I said "may" cover...because it was speculative, though.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

In the Super Friends cartoon Apache Chief and Giganta's origins are related. What if the Chief character in the Wonder Woman movie is Apache Chief and that's how they introduce Giganta in the sequel Would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Kord View Post
    In the Super Friends cartoon Apache Chief and Giganta's origins are related. What if the Chief character in the Wonder Woman movie is Apache Chief and that's how they introduce Giganta in the sequel Would be hilarious.
    That is right! Good catch!

I would love to see Giganta in one movie, an island of evil Amazons with Superwoman in a second one and Nubia surfacing/fighting to be WW and leaving with some Amazons to start her own tribe in another movie.

It was a much better origin for Giganta than the comics. Also that Giganta didn't become dumb when she used her powers.

I'd like a sequel set in the modern day with Circe. I'd like Cheetah to be a cameo in the beginning or end and similar to the 2009 film Wondy grabs her tail and beats the stuffing out of her.

Ultimate Member

^That would be a complete waste of potential, and incredibly disrespectful to her character

I can see having Cheetah as a secondary villain, but not a bit pit.

Astonishing Member

First I've heard of that. What was her origin there? Or I suppose...how were they intertwined?