Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

I'm going to throw something out there just for the hell of it. We know, or at least assume, that Diana and Steve had sex. Could she have had his child?

Ultimate Member

I don't see why not. There's no evidence that the Amazons cannot have children with humans. And mythology is full of examples of gods having them with humans as well.

So yeah it's definitely possible at least.

Also doesn't Diana flat-out say that: spoilers:
    The Amazons realize that they need men for procreation, but not necessarily for pleasure, at one point?
    end of spoilers

IF she has a LI going forward, a big "IF" at this point, I kind of want said LI to be a woman.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 06-09-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Retired

In my ideal world--recognizing it's never going to happen--the WONDER WOMAN movies would be a quartet, covering the last one hundred years of equal rights struggles. The first movie already shows women trying to gain a voice (and a vote). The next movie would be set in WW II, when women were joining the armed forces and holding down traditional men's jobs on the homefront. The third movie would be in the Vietnam War era, when mod women were protesting the war and campaigning for jobs and fair wages. Which would bring us up to the current era and a fourth movie.

Not going to happen, I know I know, but I'd like to see Gal Gadot play the character in those different eras.

Spectacular Member CaptainCanada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    But what about Etta? What about Dr. Poison? What happened to them after the war? Have their stories been adequately told, or do we give them the Steve treatment?
    Etta was a fun minor character, but I don't think there's any reason to think the series would feel weird without seeing more of her; she didn't have a story of her own. Dr. Poison has that one moment at the very end that allows you to imagine she has some sad backstory, but the movie doesn't really do anything with it, so again, I don't think there's a need (or even an intent) to do more there.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    I'm going to throw something out there just for the hell of it. We know, or at least assume, that Diana and Steve had sex. Could she have had his child?
    In theory, yes. But I'd find it rather jarring to introduce that now, given that the first movie doesn't even hint at it.

Spectacular Member

Donna Troy with the "save from the fire by Diana and raised on the island" origin--keep it simple. Now that Diana has been around for a century, it shouldn't be a problem. Donna can be anywhere from 15 to 25, depending on what story they want, and if they want to do something with other Titans characters. Nightwing will be introduced at some point, so I guess she should be his contemporary.
    Not Peter David.

All-New Member

I really hope this will be addressed: http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-m...ing-plot-hole/

Retired

Perhaps too much weight is given to this "A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind; from a century of horrors. Men made a world where standing together is impossible." That statement might not mean what we think it does. Diana could just mean that in a key point, a hundred years ago, she did turn her back (when she chose to take on Ares, while Steve chose to save mankind). And she looks back at that moment as a key failure on her part. She couldn't see the big picture--the real battle isn't against Ares, it's against our own worse natures.

We shouldn't have to give up on other possible stories just because of one badly formed sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by misha84 View Post
    I really hope this will be addressed: http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-m...ing-plot-hole/
    There was already a mini retcon at the end of the movie. She 'walked away' from her 'idea' that she could/would end War and bring Peace to mankind, realizing it was more complicated.

"I used to want to save the world. To end war, and bring peace to mankind. But then I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light, and learned that inside every one of them, there will always be both; a choice each one must make for themselves, something no hero will ever defeat. And now I know, that only love can truly save the world. So I stay, and I fight, and I give, for the world I know can be. This is my mission now, Forever."
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-12-2017 at 07:00 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Retired

Diana's accent makes it hard to understand if she's using simple past or simple present tense. I think she means to say "I used to . . ." and "I stay . . ." The grammar would suggest so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Diana's accent makes it hard to understand if she's using simple past or simple present tense. I think she means to say "I used to . . ." and "I stay . . ." The grammar would suggest so.
    I think you're right. I fixed it.

I think developing a screenplay for WW2 and NOT putting it during WW2 is a design problem.

If Wonder Woman is Star Wars, then the sequel needs to be its Empire Strikes Back.

I want 50 year old RAF commander Etta Candy dispatching special agents Diana Prince and Professor Barbara Cavendish against rogue Nazi Occultists in North Africa in the summer of 1945. Despite sexual tension with Wonder Woman, Babs betrays the ladies to the enemy. She's turned into the Cheetah by the Nazis in compensation. Girl fight, and Cheetah escapes.

It's a race against the clock when Candy's American contact reports that the US plans to drop an atomic bomb on Japan. Diana can stop it, but she chooses to trust the Americans to not drop the bomb, and instead chase after Cheetah. Diana captures her, but Hiroshima is gone. Diana is shook.

The three women resolve to disable the American atomic bomb program, and they do --by preventing the Invisible Jet bomber from flying over Tokyo. The Japanese capital is saved, but none of them realize that the Americans had TWO bombs planned for August 9th, 1945. Nagasaki is destroyed, and the three dissolve their friendship in the wake of distrust and devastation. Diana walks away from Mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I think developing a screenplay for WW2 and NOT putting it during WW2 is a design problem.

If Wonder Woman is Star Wars, then the sequel needs to be its Empire Strikes Back.

I want 50 year old RAF commander Etta Candy dispatching special agents Diana Prince and Professor Barbara Cavendish against rogue Nazi Occultists in North Africa in the summer of 1945. Despite sexual tension with Wonder Woman, Babs betrays the ladies to the enemy. She's turned into the Cheetah by the Nazis in compensation. Girl fight, and Cheetah escapes.

It's a race against the clock when Candy's American contact reports that the US plans to drop an atomic bomb on Japan. Diana can stop it, but she chooses to trust the Americans to not drop the bomb, and instead chase after Cheetah. Diana captures her, but Hiroshima is gone. Diana is shook.

The three women resolve to disable the American atomic bomb program, and they do --by preventing the Invisible Jet bomber from flying over Tokyo. The Japanese capital is saved, but none of them realize that the Americans had TWO bombs planned for August 9th, 1945. Nagasaki is destroyed, and the three dissolve their friendship in the wake of distrust and devastation. Diana walks away from Mankind.
    I like it! But Cevendish? Why the change?

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I like it! But Cevendish? Why the change?
    XO You're my target audience!

I really like the idea of Barbara Ann being from a old money British family(like Rucka established), and changing her surname to turn her back on her family and strike out on her own. "Minerva" isn't a very British last name... but it COULD be her code-name while she's in the field, since she's the wise one.

I like that Jenkins & Co took some liberties with the origin, I was just adding some small ones.

Obviously, the trilogy concludes with Cheetah and Wonder Woman teaming up one last time to take down the Nazi's old occultist witch Circe, who's in the midst of resurrecting the Gods ...and Steve Trevor.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 06-12-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    XO You're my target audience!

I really like the idea of Barbara Ann being from a old money British family(like Rucka established), and changing her surname to turn her back on her family and strike out on her own. "Minerva" isn't a very British last name... but it COULD be her code-name while she's in the field, since she's the wise one.

I like that Jenkins & Co took some liberties with the origin, I was just adding some small ones.

Obviously, the trilogy concludes with Cheetah and Wonder Woman teaming up one last time to take down the Nazi's old occultist witch Circe, who's in the midst of resurrecting the Gods ...and Steve Trevor.
    I shouldn't have said I liked it, I actually LOVED it!

Yesm, this makes sense now,

Astonishing Member

There's a lot to potentially explore.

We can always bring Steve Trevor back in some way. Like have Diana explore the Underworld/Tartarus and find Steve there operating as its guardian or similar. But ultimately it'd depend on what they want to do with Trevor, if anything.

Using his actor for flashbacks while possible is a bit rather hard to do when we've seen so much of their otherwise short time together. Possible sure but a bit odd.

Doctor Poison and her descendants and/or Etta's could be great to see as well.