Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default WONDER WOMAN SEQUEL(S)--What would you like to see? SPOILERS!!!

We know now that Diana first came to our world toward the end of WW1 and kept a very low profile for close to a century. Where do we go from here? Any hopes, thoughts, ideas? Forgive me if this is being discussed elsewhere.

Ultimate Member

I have some general ideas:

-Set post-JL.
    -Diana in America.
    -A somewhat smaller scale, but even more personal story.
    -Barbara Minerva/Cheetah as the main villain.
    -Diana with a female LI.
    -Show her interacting more with the general public (especially kids).
    -Etc.

Retired

They may not have planned to do a World War Two story when they set this one in the First World War, but I think the popularity of the movie has set up an expectation in the audience that there will some more action in the past. Maybe not for a full movie, but at least some flashbacks.

I'd like to see Baroness Paula von Gunther.

I think Barbara Ann Minerva is the perfect all-purpose supporting character--in that she can help Diana find her way back to Themyscira--while at the same time having a tragic fate as the Cheetah. But Circe would maybe have to play a role in that, too.

I would like...

Movie takes place post JL
    Diana developing a relationship (love interest?) with Barbara Minerva
    Circe is doing something magical and horrible
    At the end Barbara becomes the villain, Cheetah, but by some sort of self sacrifice while trying to help Diana in some way (maybe she really can't get back home? Maybe preparing to go up against Circe?)
    In the end, it's all tied to Circe, Cheetah blames Diana, (because she's feral and crazed, but still intelligent and ruthless.) and Diana beats Circe, and vows to help Barbara (set up for WW3)

Oops...did I just describe some version of Rucka's Godwatch??
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't do either another war story (especially another world war story) or Greek Mythological villain again right away. Do something really different this time around.

Another story set in the past would be great but whatever she did would have to get little to no publicity. Does the return to Themyscira? I'd love to see more of that and the Amazons. I'd also love to see more of Antiope. Is there a way to bring Robin Wright back?

Astonishing Member

I would mind a WW2-era Wonder Woman story, inspired by the early Marston stories. Have Diana deal with either Cheetah (the original Cheetah, Priscilla Rich) or Baroness Paula von Gunther. And maybe incorporate the Spear of Destiny into the plot somehow - as an explanation for why Diana couldn't intervene in the war in Europe this time round.

Actually, it'd be brilliant to witness Diana's reaction to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Maybe THAT, combined with learning about the Holocaust, is what REALLY disillusions her about humanity. I recently read this story from the 70's set during WW2 where Superman and Wonder Woman fight over the nuclear tests (Superman is defending the project while Wonder Woman is against it). Hmm...come to think of it, that might make for a great plot, but which some other hero standing in for Superman?

Which brings me to my next point. I'd love to see the JSA, either in the sequel, or as a spin-off film that happens to feature Wonder Woman. Given that I doubt DC would want to dilute the Justice League brand in cinema by pushing the JSA as a separate brand - having them as crucial supporting characters in a Wonder Woman movie might be a good move.

Incredible Member

Wonder Woman: Godwatch

Personally, I would love for WWII to be based on the Godwatch arc.

Time period: Present day after Justice League
    The end of Wonder Woman shows us Diana in the present day. We'll then see her in present day Justice League. In my opinion, it would be a mistake to go backward with Wonder Woman. I think one of the hurdles holding Wonder Woman (the intellectual property and not the movie) back is that people have her too associated with war and the past. I want people to see that Diana is a current superhero that can work in a modern setting, and I would love for Patty Jenkins to give other creators (maybe for a CW or animated series) a template of how Wonder Woman can be translated to modern times.

Supporting Cast: Barbara Minerva
    I'm not sure who else should join Diana in her modern adventures, but Barbara Minerva should be a must. I would love to see Emily Blunt play her. I would have her based off the Year One run. Have her smart, adventurous, brave and confident, but also give us hints of her hubris and less than stellar reputation. Both should work at a museum and be best friends, but let Barbara Ann be that coworker that gets amazing results that no one in the office actually likes very much, except for Diana. Give us hints of her future villiany, but nothing that will spoil the inevitable downfall for unknowing viewers. Personally, I would use this movie to build and establish the Diana/Barbara Ann dynamic and save Cheetah for the third film.

Villains:Veronica Cale, Dr. Cyber and maybe First Born (If the studio feels it needs the big CGI battle at the end).
    Veronica Cale actually has an amazing opportunity to become a household name villain. Unfortunately for Jesse Eisenberg, the BvS audience did not wholeheartedly accept his portrayal of Lex Luthor. While terrible for Jesse and Lex, this could be a great chance to introduce the intelligent, duplicitous and scheming Veronica Cale to fill that role. I would love to see an older/more established actress fill this role. (Off the top of my head, Michelle Phieffer or Julianne Moore comes to mind to give you an idea of how I'm envisioning the character). This character will play a major role and could easily be transferred to other projects to not only continue to establish the character but to also allow the Wonder mythos to stay relevant in the minds of audiences even when there is no scheduled film for that year. I could see a deliciously entertaining face off between Veronica Cale and Amanda Waller in a Suicide Squad sequel or even Veronica and Clark in a MOS 2 sequel if they decide to make Cale a senator or give her a political role in the universe to distinguish her from Lex.

Dr. Cyber or Lord Cyber (if the movie wants to avoid having two "Doctor" villains). This is where I would place the often fancasted Charlize Theron. Give her a backstory that explains her new gold, liquid metal body and this gives Wonder Woman someone to fight. Similar to Doctor Poison, she can destroy humanity not through physicality but through her genius and technological warfare.

First Born - again only if there needs to be a huge CGI battle. I would simply change the origin from First Born son of Zeus to some "First Born" monster that Cale and Cyber somehow create.

For the second movie, I would want them to move away from mythological villains. While I like mythology, the only way Wonder Woman will be able to build her original rogues gallery in the minds of the general audience - and sadly even some of her writers - is to show them being a major threat to Diana and society. This means we need strong representations of them in outside media - as well as the comics - to show that her villains can be a major threat if given the proper opportunity to be so.

i want cheetah first and foremost. i want all of the amazing work that rucka has done on "barbara anne" to be fully translated to the silver screen bc it deserves to be.

i also want to see modern etta candy in diana's sequel. i don't care how you get her. make her the great-granddaughter of the ww1 etta, just make her black like her comic counterpart, and make her a tough-as-nails force. she should be the anti-amanda waller in many ways.

i want steve back. i don't care how they get him back. have diana trek to hades, have circe teleport him out of that plane before it blew up, have a mother box resurrect him. his chemistry with ww was too great to leave in one movie only.

take us back to themyscira, but find a way to do it so that it stays in diana's past. don't send her there in the present, it's one of the twists of the rebirth that i actually really love.

Something that revolves around Steve Trevor being resurrected by the not-dead gods. Diana fighting to keep him alive after said resurrection, and forces trying to take him back and manipulate them both (Circe). Fit Cheetah in if possible but if not, save her for III.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post

i also want to see modern etta candy in diana's sequel. i don't care how you get her. make her the great-granddaughter of the ww1 etta, just make her black like her comic counterpart, and make her a tough-as-nails force. she should be the anti-amanda waller in many ways.

i want steve back. i don't care how they get him back. have diana trek to hades, have circe teleport him out of that plane before it blew up, have a mother box resurrect him. his chemistry with ww was too great to leave in one movie only.
    Yes to both of these. Steve will obviously have to come back somehow. We didn't actually SEE him die, did we? And I don't know how to bring back Etta Candy but BRING BACK ETTA CANDY!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Something that revolves around Steve Trevor being resurrected by the not-dead gods. Diana fighting to keep him alive after said resurrection, and forces trying to take him back and manipulate them both (Circe). Fit Cheetah in if possible but if not, save her for III.
    Do we really need contrived ways to bring back characters who died honorable deaths? Death being made meaningless in comics is one of the worst things about comics and I do not want the movies to follow suit.

Steve Trevor died a hero, he gave his life for the greater good, just bringing him back makes his sacrifice seem pointless.

If he comes back, what he do, be WW's love interest again and be a fish out of water? No, I would rather not have that happen.

if he comes back, he can run argus. and did he die? there was no body after all ..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if he comes back, he can run argus. and did he die? there was no body after all ..
    Why would they want someone 100 years out of date for that job? Even if he somehow survived, coming up with way to say he is still alive in modern times, will likely seem pretty lame.

Also what is the point of a heroic sacrifice, if the person survives, that undermines the whole sacrifice.

I don't want The Cheetah in the sequel, but in the third movie. Let's see Diana's friendship with Barbara Ann, as friendly rivals first. It would be heartbreaking with Diana trying to save her and ultimately having to put her down in the third movie. Let them go on an Indiana Jones kind of adventure and Barbara succumbs to whatever they decide to make her The Cheetah (Maybe even sacrificing herself to save Diana.)
    Richard Alexander