Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Well, if the gods are coming back in the picture after death, then why can't Steve, or Etta (if she's no longer alive). I was hoping that I'd hear Steve call Diana his "Angel" but he didn't get the chance to...

Incredible Member

Personally, I would like to see it set during WW2.

Diana works with her partner Barbara Minerva, an archaeologist, to track down various mystical and magical artefacts that are also being hunted by the occult division of the Nazis. Diana and Barbara need to prevent these potentially "world destroying" weapons from falling into the wrong hands. The occult division is led by Paula Von Gunther.

Diana and Barbara end up in a spot of bother and Diana is in trouble. As a last resort, Barbara uses a mystical dagger on herself which turns her into the Cheetah. At first she can control her newfound abilities and successfully rescues Diana, but she then loses control and gives into her animal instincts. Cheetah is captured by Paula Von Gunther who intends to discover the secrets of Cheetah's powers to use as a weapon in the war.

Diana must now battle the Nazis and rescue and rehabilitate her friend to save the day. I would like the "final battle" to be between Diana and Cheetah and for Diana's compassion to win out over the negative influence of the Cheetah personality. But, I expect WB would want a "bigger" battle, so perhaps Paula successfully unleashes the "power / god / witch / whatever" behind the mystical dagger which created Cheetah and now both Diana and Barbara must team up to fight that "big bad" as the climax.

I would also be open to a movie set after Justice League. I would keep the same basic premise - Diana and her partner Barbara travel the world hunting down potentially dangerous magical and mystical artefacts to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. Diana uses her cover as an antiquities dealer / curator and Barbara is an archaeologist. Their travels lead them to legends about Circe and an uncharted island. Despite being close, Barbara is jealous of Diana's abilities and when she discovers that Circe exists she is seduced by Circe's promises of power and transformed into the Cheetah. I'm not 100% sure on what Circe's "end goal" would be. Given her man-hating origins and my desire to see Themyscira again on screen, I would settle for Circe wanting to rule the Amazons as the embodiment of feminine power and potentially planning to use the Amazons to create a larger empire. Big battles and stuff between Diana and Cheetah, with the ultimate battle being between Diana and a "redeemed" Cheetah and some monsters created by Circe or possibly Circe herself who is transformed into some ancient Greek mythological beast.

IF they wanted to go in a slightly different direction, then I quite like the premise of one of the JLU episodes. Felix Faust wants power, an imprisoned Hades offers it to him if Felix can free Hades using some artefact. Felix uses his sorcery to travel to Themyscira and turns all of the Amazons into stone. In order to free the Amazons, Diana must find the artefact that Felix needs to free Hades. Diana teams up with friend Barbara Minerva to find the artefact. Stuff happens, but Diana and Barbara ultimately save the day and free the Amazons. Barbara would remain human during this film, with a BIG tease about becoming Cheetah in the future (i.e. when hunting for the artefact, they discover some kind of mystical dagger which is rumoured to grant the "sacrifice" inhuman speed and strength). I'm not as fussed about this one because I want to see a good villain in a superhero movie and Diana doesn't have a close relationship with Felix, but I could see her being torn about "saving" her brother Hades. The fact that the Amazons are in danger is what would make this a good, personal story for Diana. Especially IF this movie would see Diana return to Themyscira for the first time in 100 years.

Keep Steve Trevor dead. His sacrifice was very heart warming and I don't want a resurrection to undermine that. If he must come back, let it be as hallucinations someone like Circe/Hades/Apollo uses against Diana to get to her.

Bring in Tom Tresser aka Nemesis as the new love interest since he has ties to other DCU properties too (notably Suicide Squad). Barbara Ann Minerva/Cheetah should also start off as an ally to Wonder Woman before going rogue in part 3!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I also think Steve will and should stay dead. Though i also thought that about Phil Coulson and Harry Hart (Colin Firth in Kingsman: The Secret Service. Really liked those characters, was really sad to see them go, and yeah there are probably some cool things you can still do with them, but it does take something away from their memorable death scenes.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 06-06-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Bringing Steve back. I don't know how they'd do it but he was too good a character. If they don't, I'd avoid giving Diana a LI in the sequel a la Winter Soldier because the romance in this movie was too good

And worst thing possible: DO NOT put her in a relationship with Superman or Batman. ESPECIALLY Batman. Will legit walk out of the theater if that happens

Donna Troy.....period!
    Richard Alexander

Fantastic Member

Circe resurrects Steve and uses him to fight Diana, but Diana is able to break the spell and restore Steve through the power of <3.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    Circe resurrects Steve and uses him to fight Diana, but Diana is able to break the spell and restore Steve through the power of <3.
    Sold. Get it done Patty

Also make Barbara Minerva a ally of hers in this flick and set her up to be Cheetah in movie 3!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Bringing Steve back. I don't know how they'd do it but he was too good a character. If they don't, I'd avoid giving Diana a LI in the sequel a la Winter Soldier because the romance in this movie was too good
    Steve and Diana just sizzled together on screen. I've made peace with Steve's death because I believe he will always live on in her heart. I wouldn't object to Steve coming back if they find a decent way to do it.

Next movie I would love to see Cheetah. Throw in Doctor Psycho and/or Angle Man as secondary villains. Start the movie with Diana working in a museum, Barbara Ann's a friend who's working in the archaeology department with Julia K. Helena Sandsmark is a museum curator so she'd be a natural fit. That would give you a villain and two supporting characters right off the bat.

In WWIII you could have Circe, fit in a couple of revamped GA villains and maybe throw in an dark-WW type character such as Devastation or Grail.

And worst thing possible: DO NOT put her in a relationship with Superman or Batman. ESPECIALLY Batman. Will legit walk out of the theater if that happens
    I never understood why people would want Batman or Superman to be in a relationship with Wonder Woman. Diana is her own character, she should be her own thing and not reduced to a supporting character of either Supes or Bats.

I could see Diana having a female ally a long time ago who is very old in the modern day and has become envious of Diana's still youthful appearance so she decides to perform a Cheetah ritual using Diana's semi/demigod(?) blood and becomes the villain.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Dooms doorway? The Amazons having the burden of defending such a thing has always been a fave of mine.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

If Steve stays dead, then the gods should stay dead. But what about Etta, Dr. Poison, and the members of Team Wonder? What ever happened to them?

I can see there being some romantic tension between her and Bats in the Justice League movie, but nothing that would bleed over into her solo movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    If Steve stays dead, then the gods should stay dead. But what about Etta, Dr. Poison, and the members of Team Wonder? What ever happened to them?
    yeah I'm hoping for some flashbacks with those guys. The cast from First Avenger, Howard Stark, Peggy Carter and of course Bucky Barnes each remained relevant in the modern day Captain America movies. So I don't think we've seen the last of WW's supporting cast. When it comes to the gods, I suspect at least 2 or 3 will eventually be back one way or another.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 06-06-2017 at 07:36 PM.