Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I edited this post. But I will say that I think maybe they talk to Gordon about how Holly actually committed the crimes? It will probably be explained.
    Last edited by WontonGirl; 06-06-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see how it can be a court wedding when Selina is still wanted by authorities for what Holly did. I mean, setting aside legality, I wouldn't be surprised if they have the wedding as Batman and Catwoman.
    It has to get revolved either way. There's no marriage without a license. Selina's fugitive status needs to be resolved no matter how they go about it.

Whoever should come to the wedding for the bride really depends on what continuity we're looking at and how much that's still intact.

Is Maggie Kyle alive? Slam Bradley? Her crime family?
    Heh. Going by the dissonant continuity in Bruce and Selina's different recollections of first meeting, Bruce might think Carmine Falcone is her father while she thinks Rex Calebrese is.

This is what happens when a continuity adjustment happens over a course of a year or more.

I don't see how it can be a court wedding when Selina is still wanted by authorities for what Holly did. I mean, setting aside legality, I wouldn't be surprised if they have the wedding as Batman and Catwoman.

Whoever should come to the wedding for the bride really depends on what continuity we're looking at and how much that's still intact.

Is Maggie Kyle alive? Slam Bradley? Her crime family?

I could swear their was a Newsarama interview for "I am Suicide" where King goes into detail about his take on the relationship and mentions that.

I think I was the one who posted that, actually.
    This one? Where he specifically says that he thinks "what makes them just a perfect romance for the DCU"? https://www.newsarama.com/32231-catw...man-in-12.html

Or this one from Comicosity where he specially calls them soulmates? http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...-i-am-suicide/

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm actually super into the idea of a happily married Batman and Catwoman with Bruce's son Damien and maybe Selina and Bruce's own kid.

I want lovable Batman. We've had enough doom n gloom, let's give that a rest for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    This one? Where he specifically says that he thinks "what makes them just a perfect romance for the DCU"? https://www.newsarama.com/32231-catw...man-in-12.html

Or this one from Comicosity where he specially calls them soulmates? http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...-i-am-suicide/
    It's just something I swear he said in an interview. I'm not denying what he's saying in those interviews, but I'm also pretty sure he's brought up what I mentioned.

(Also, those links aren't working for me...)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm actually super into the idea of a happily married Batman and Catwoman with Bruce's son Damien and maybe Selina and Bruce's own kid.

I want lovable Batman. We've had enough doom n gloom, let's give that a rest for the next decade.
    Yeah I agree with you. I'm not saying I want Bats to be walking around singing songs about rainbows and ponies but I think it would be nice for a little while to have a badass Batman being in some kind of healthy relationship with Selina. They aren't that damn broken.

It's just something I swear he said in an interview. I'm not denying what he's saying in those interviews, but I'm also pretty sure he's brought up what I mentioned.

(Also, those links aren't working for me...)
    I'm sorry Frontier. I am so new to this so I thought I could just cut and paste. He could had probably said it all, LOL! But he is more into them as a couple and I mean, unless Bruce hangs it up for good, they won't be Gotham version of "Clark & Lois".

Anyway, I read his Twitter. He's seems pretty cool. And he is always linking his artists and some of the works they are doing. Lots of Wonder Woman work too. If you are a WW fan

Great now i need to buy usa today. Got it again Dc

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Jokes and Riddles takes us to the holidays this year. I assume Tynion will be doing more of his nonsense in Detective until then - Detective will be at #971 by the end of the year. I could see them milking the engagement and all of the "problems" that ensue for a year
    Insult aside, I don't think this is going to be a focal point of 'Tec, certainly not for a whole year. There are too many other moving parts for that, I think. If the engagement plays out anywhere it'll be in Batman itself.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

*sigh*

A childhood OTP of mine that has become a NOTP would of course become canon, but all of the ships I still ship are all still just crack ships.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 06-07-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    It honestly seems like it may have straight up retconned out. Either way it has never been brought up. Yet so far in Rebirth, we have Diana/Steve, Clark/Lois, Arthur/Mera, Barry/Iris, and now potentially Bruce/Selina. Wild
    Hey, and potentially Etta/Cheetah! And obviously brutal deep cut teases of Wally/Linda and ... well, Dick/Anybody, as per usual. And Ollie/Dinah. And Dark Days looks like it's got some Hawks.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Insult aside, I don't think this is going to be a focal point of 'Tec, certainly not for a whole year. There are too many other moving parts for that, I think. If the engagement plays out anywhere it'll be in Batman itself.
    Maybe I wasn't clear. Batman is tied up for most of the rest of the year with Jokes and Riddles. I agree with you that the advancement of this will be handled by King in Batman while Tynion does his own thing. But that sets up a year (2018) of King/DC exploring the engagement finally leading to the marriage in crossover that ends with Detective 1000.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I edited this post. But I will say that I think maybe they talk to Gordon about how Holly actually committed the crimes? It will probably be explained.
    I'm sure it will be one of the complications of the engagement and would probably lead to a real interesting character moment between Bruce and Gordon (maybe a full, final reveal?)

I was just thinking today if Bruce and Selina were ever an actual legit couple in the books. I know theres been heavy flirtation as Batman and Catwoman but as a nonreader, didnt know if their real personas were ever official in the main universe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    At least they brought back a married Peter and MJ in an ongoing alternate timeline book that gets considerably more praise heaped on it than the main book, and the newspaper comic strips have kept them consistently married for almost well over thirty years.
    3 Married Peter and MJ in 2 alternate timeline books if you're a true Spider-girl fan and a fan of Renew your Vows and one if you count the Newspaper Spider-man series.