Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I do wonder if they're still und the "No Bat-character shall be happy in love, ever" edict.

And if Cats and Bats do get hitched I expect a certain Bat-Woman writer will be screaming obscenities at the top of his voice outside of the DC offices at 3 am.
    I was thinking the same thing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    She doesn't steal because she wants to get rich, she stills for the fun and thrill of it.
    Yep, a kleptomaniac, going with the theme of Mental "Problems" for each Bat villian.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    would Damian have to be the kid who hands them the rings? Who would be the best man?
    Logically, it should be a court wedding. Who would even be on Selina's side of the aisle? The loner thing is part of her character. Holly's out. So, what? Harley, Ivy . . . maybe Croc . . . ? Slam Bradley?

Church wedding would be a disaster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    would Damian have to be the kid who hands them the rings? Who would be the best man?
    Will Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris get back together? I'm out of the GL loop, but I think Hal is not the last of the big six who isn't back in a serious relationship with his iconic love interst atm.
    I only recently learned Carol broke up with Kyle, so there's at least a big hopeful maybe about that

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    ...and everyone was wondering what they would do for 'Tec 1000. I guess we'll see a marriage crossover written by King running through Batman and 'Tec
    Maybe, but 'Tec #1000 isn't out until March 2019. That's 40-odd issues, quite a while to wait.

I do wonder if they're still und the "No Bat-character shall be happy in love, ever" edict.

And if Cats and Bats do get hitched I expect a certain Bat-Woman writer will be screaming obscenities at the top of his voice outside of the DC offices at 3 am.
    No kidding. Kate's reaction to this will be interesting to see, since she's never met Selina (on panel, anyway).
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-06-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Logically, it should be a court wedding. Who would even be on Selina's side of the aisle? The loner thing is part of her character. Holly's out. So, what? Harley, Ivy . . . maybe Croc . . . ? Slam Bradley?

Didn't she sleep with him and then later his son who she later gave birth to her kid but thats probably been retcon due to REBIRTH, anyway it could be Holly or Selina's sister Maggie, it could be Harley or Ivy if the wedding was in Arkham Asylum lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, didn't King say his view on the Batman/Catwoman relationship was that it was two people who deeply understood and maybe even loved each other, but could never be together?
    King's view on Batman and Catwoman is that they are soulmates and that they are the perfect romance for each other in the DCU. He believes that their relationship is unique and that they are really the only ones who see each other.

I have read a lot of his interviews. I have NEVER seen any kind of quote like that from him.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Maybe, but 'Tec #1000 isn't out until March 2019. That's 40-odd issues, quite a while to wait.
    Jokes and Riddles takes us to the holidays this year. I assume Tynion will be doing more of his nonsense in Detective until then - Detective will be at #971 by the end of the year. I could see them milking the engagement and all of the "problems" that ensue for a year

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I only recently learned Carol broke up with Kyle, so there's at least a big hopeful maybe about that
    It honestly seems like it may have straight up retconned out. Either way it has never been brought up. Yet so far in Rebirth, we have Diana/Steve, Clark/Lois, Arthur/Mera, Barry/Iris, and now potentially Bruce/Selina. Wild

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Didn't she sleep with him and then later his son who she later gave birth to her kid but thats probably been retcon due to REBIRTH, anyway it could be Holly or Selina's sister Maggie, it could be Harley or Ivy if the wedding was in Arkham Asylum lol.
    Seems pretty obvious they will get married on a rooftop

I thought it said that Selina will give her answer in the Batman #25 on June 21st? I don't think we have to wait that long to see what she says.

Personally, I hope she says YES. Let them be engaged for awhile. He doesn't have to give up being the Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Lmao that reveal was wack as hell. I just use the New 52 and Rebirth to straight up ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    We never did see a proper Batman and Catwoman engagement. I mean there is the Earth-2 Wedding of Bruce and Selina, but after that nothing else outside of how they got together and Selina's death on Earth-2.

Plus there's the new 52 Earth-2 courtship of Bruce and Selina...we briefly see glimpse of that.

Other than those we haven't had a proper engagement of the Bat and the Cat together.
    Brave and the Bold #197 did show how Earth-2 Bruce and Selina revealed their identities to each other, and what made them decide they want to be together. So while we weren't shown the engagement itself, we were still shown how they got there.

So actually the story Tom King is describing here has already been told before, just not within the context of DC's Earth-1/Earth-0/Earth-Whatever continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

I don't see how it can be a court wedding when Selina is still wanted by authorities for what Holly did. I mean, setting aside legality, I wouldn't be surprised if they have the wedding as Batman and Catwoman.

Whoever should come to the wedding for the bride really depends on what continuity we're looking at and how much that's still intact.

Is Maggie Kyle alive? Slam Bradley? Her crime family?

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    King's view on Batman and Catwoman is that they are soulmates and that they are the perfect romance for each other in the DCU. He believes that their relationship is unique and that they are really the only ones who see each other.

I have read a lot of his interviews. I have NEVER seen any kind of quote like that from him.
    I could swear their was a Newsarama interview for "I am Suicide" where King goes into detail about his take on the relationship and mentions that.

I think I was the one who posted that, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    It honestly seems like it may have straight up retconned out. Either way it has never been brought up. Yet so far in Rebirth, we have Diana/Steve, Clark/Lois, Arthur/Mera, Barry/Iris, and now potentially Bruce/Selina. Wild
    No, I think that's good. It brings back old fans and newer fans that like the more canon couples. Besides, DC Comics seems to really be pushing fans into a "JL" era so why not let the canon couples be happy for a little while. They can still be badass.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    They said the same thing about Spider-man and look what happen to him.
    If DC actually has them get married and does it well, Marvel is going to look even more ridiculous for not allowing Pete and MJ to be married in the main canon.

If f***ing Batman can be married, there is no excuse for Spider-Man not to be especially when his is much healthier and more relateable.