Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default USAToday's Article On The Events of Batman#24 [spoilers]

I figured this needed it's own thread because it contains some comments from Tom King..also the story provides insight into why we're getting a prequel event in between.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...sal/102539296/

So far, so good as far as some buzz about the Bat is concerned

“I want people to go home and be like, ‘Should she marry him? Should she say yes?’ There’s a whole conversation that could come out of this.

Everyone’s done vengeance, everyone’s done ‘The night is so dark,’ ” King says. “Giving Batman more pain doesn’t reveal anything about his character because he’s taken as much pain as he can. But giving him love and joy, that combines with the tragedy of his past into something new and never done before.”

“Catwoman is someone who’s seen his pain and has been through stuff as bad as he has been through,” King says. “She says, ‘Look, both of us are broken, but we can be broken together.’ ”

King ultimately went with more of a statement than a question, because there was some ambiguity in it: “Marry me” could be read as an order or the desperation of a man finally ready to take the plunge.

“Was this a moment of vulnerability or a moment of arrogance? That’s almost the cliffhanger,” King says. “Is Batman making the greatest decision of his life or the greatest mistake?”

So what will Catwoman’s answer be? Don’t order wedding gifts from the Gotham Target registry just yet: In Batman No. 25 (out June 21) Batman tells Catwoman that before she marries him, he needs to tell her about his darkest moment.

“It’s like, ‘You think you know me, but you don’t know me until this,’ ” King says. “The actual answer will come after he reveals something he’s never revealed to anyone, and she has to decide whether that’s good or bad.”
    When the writer was working on how he would have Batman propose, King would get advice from his 7-year-old daughter, who’s obsessed with both superheroes and romance.
    Smart kid

Im super excited! Surely she wont say no! Rejections are so awkward! Aaaa

I guess even if she doesn't accept or they don't get married (which I feel is pretty likely), I guess it's notable that this is probably the first time Bruce has proposed to Selina in the main continuity.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

The Cat and the Bat. It's sweet but I think it's going to go the same way it did in Injustice 2

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess even if she doesn't accept or they don't get married (which I feel is pretty likely), I guess it's notable that this is probably the first time Bruce has proposed to Selina in the main continuity.
    What would the point of the proposal be, if it just went back to business as usual?

Do you think they will see how the public reacts and then decide if she accepts or not? Cause war of jokes and riddles lasts a couple of months, nore than enough time to change the story.

Whatever happens im intrigued

BANNED

I really like the idea of Bruce preparing for an answer either way and giving her some context, ''before you say anything, I screwed up majorly once and it could happen again, so hear me out'', it shows he respects her tendency to disagree with him from time to time on his methods and wants her prepared for any eventuality as a potential partner

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The Cat and the Bat. It's sweet but I think it's going to go the same way it did in Injustice 2
    That, or how it went down for the silver age Bat and Cat of Earth-Two, they were pretty happy for twenty years...but Selina was swayed back to her old ways there too and got killed as a direct result.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-06-2017 at 10:02 AM.

BANNED

Clark and Lois as the happy, functional couple
    The Bat and the Cat as the dysfunctional AF couple. (And you could spend YEARS exploring this)

Heh. Works for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No, no, no...they NEED to get married. But they don't need to stay married.

And at the end, we get Batman, divorced single father. That works like hell for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ...but Selina was swayed back to her old ways there too and got killed as a direct result.
    Blackmailed. She was blackmailed back to her old ways.

But really, the root cause of her death was the creation of the Huntress character.

BANNED

I don't know how much of a good idea to make Batman marry... But if Batman is gonna sattle down, it should be with Catwoman.

BANNED

From War of Jokes and Riddles

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...nk-spoilers%2F

Pillow talk

BANNED

She'd be an idiot not to say yes. When they inevitably divorce, she can claim 50% of Bruce's fortune. She'd never have to steal again.

Interesting would be a nice shake up to Batman's world, I cannot see it being a long term thing and it being the new status quo so will be interesting.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Whoa! I should have seen it coming, King did just enough to hide it, as did The Button.

I'm not going to overreact yet, a good story may come out of this, this is a good setup for a story, but the Bat & Cat hopefully will not make it to the altar.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    She'd be an idiot not to say yes. When they inevitably divorce, she can claim 50% of Bruce's fortune. She'd never have to steal again.
    When she inevitably is killed her costume will make for a nice adition to the Batcave glass tube collection, you mean?