Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I really hope it lasts and doesnt end in death, divorce or disaster.

I have no right to say this, because Batman doesn't mean that much to me; I like some of the Batfamily much better than him.

But it doesn't sit well with me; just don't feel it. But I have to qualify and say that in recent decades I have not followed their story. I am not sure who I would want to see him with, if anyone.

League of Assassins will attack the wedding. Talia ain't letting Selina raise her kid.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    League of Assassins will attack the wedding. Talia ain't letting Selina raise her kid.
    You joke, but that's actually a fair take on how Talia would react. You've kind made me want to see this story or sub story.

Julie Madison in Snyder's run should perhaps get addressed as well.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You joke, but that's actually a fair take on how Talia would react. You've kind made me want to see this story or sub story.

It would be cool to have an issue seeing how different people react to the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    It would be cool to have an issue seeing how different people react to the news.
    The entire criminal world would be trying to figure out what Selina's angle is.

There's also the question of whether or not Rebirth retconned Selina's mob boss period out. No way the tabloids wouldn't be all over that.

There's also the question of whether or not Rebirth retconned Selina's mob boss period out. No way the tabloids wouldn't be all over that.
    I think Selina lost her villain cred a while ago surly no one in the criminal community still believes she's a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think Selina lost her villain cred a while ago surly no one in the criminal community still believes she's a criminal.
    A while ago when? The mob boss thing only ended a few months before Rebirth. And she was working jobs after that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think it is more her villain cred with the readers that she lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    She'd be an idiot not to say yes. When they inevitably divorce, she can claim 50% of Bruce's fortune. She'd never have to steal again.
    The wise sage Chris Rock would recommend a pre-nup. Bruce is no dummy.

I always liked the idea that they end up together when Bruce hangs up the cape. They had a nice future episode of Batman Brave and the Bold where they did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    They had a nice future episode of Batman Brave and the Bold where they did.
    If that's the one I'm thinking of...they were killed in that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    No, no, no...they NEED to get married. But they don't need to stay married.

And at the end, we get Batman, divorced single father. That works like hell for me.
    But that's basically what he has with Talia, even if they were never officially married .

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

I don't see Talia reacting well to this.

It would be interesting to see past major Batman love interest coming back and reacting to Bruce getting hitched.

I'm curious if Snyder will touch on this at all...

Or they're going to wonder why Bruce is marrying someone who murdered a bunch of terrorists in cold-blood and should be in prison...

Something tells me they're probably going to go for an in-costume, private, service .
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    The wise sage Chris Rock would recommend a pre-nup. Bruce is no dummy.

I always liked the idea that they end up together when Bruce hangs up the cape. They had a nice future episode of Batman Brave and the Bold where they did.
    I think that's why Bruce is proposing to Selina. He's considering retiring as Batman.

My thoughts from elsewhere:

Call me naïve but considering two major things, the scene with Thomas in The Button, and the overall themes of Rebirth, I think they just might actually go through with this. Or at the very least have them engaged for a long time like Lois and Clark were. Or maybe they decide marriage isn't right at the moment but just become "exclusive". Either way I definitely think they plan on Bruce/Selina being official and staying official for a while.

I can see Selina saying no at first and him keeping at it. He retires from being Batman, and she says yes. Doomsday Clock rolls around, he retakes the mantle to try and help his friend (Superman), some drama ensues afterwards over him taking the cowl back but they stay engaged anyway.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    What would the point of the proposal be, if it just went back to business as usual?
    Whether or not she accepts, the end result wouldn't be business as usual. The dynamic between the two changes either way.

Frankly the only kind of marriage I can see working with Bruce and Selina, with how the are, is an open marriage.

Which wouldn't be all that different from their usual dynamic .