Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Colossus in the Deadpool movie

Does anyone find it strange that some fans are saying colossus in deadpool is how colossus was meant to be portrayed. huh?

no offence to the deadpool movie but the colossus in X2 and DOFP are were better adaption of the character.

since when is colossus a joke with an overtop cheesy Russian accent for a live adaption movie? huh?

since the legacy virus and him loosing his family, colossus has been more alike with his adaption in dofp and x2. a silent, cool, serous guy who is an ass kicker, aggressive fighter and broody. even too broody for kitty pryde.

Now Colossus may have had only cameos in the main films but please the idea that deadpool's colossus is the best of the character is as laughable and it is as cringey.

In fact I think colossus in deadpool was one of the weakest parts in deadpool, the corniness of the character was a step back to the serious aggressive fighter we saw in dofp or the laid back cool focused guy we saw in the new dofp timeline/

hmmm, its kind of strange that many people that hang around xbooks dont know much about x-men in general.lol
    Last edited by Selina; 06-05-2017 at 04:05 PM.

BANNED

Do you ever stop?

Edit: Also, Colossus is at his worst when writers try to make him a super serious aggressive cool ass kicker blah blah blah. That's not who he is. While not ideal, I much prefer Deadpool Colossus to the non-entity that was Daniel Cudmore's Colossus.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 06-05-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Do you ever stop?
    Do attention seekers ever do?

Starting to think you either work for 21st Century Fox or were fired by Disney at some point

I didn't like him in Deadpool either, but it's really not that serious.

BANNED

Selina:
    since when is colossus a joke with an overtop cheesy Russian accent for a live adaption movie? huh?
    deadpool = comedy
    and yes
    he is better than anything created in Fox X-men movies.

Colossus was simply window dressing in X2 and DoFP. It was a glorified cameo, made to show off some cool visual effects, with no actual substance behind it. The Colossus in Deadpool reflected the quiet, noble, heroic soul of the original classic Claremont X-Men run, the accent was also a nice reminder of this time when the X-Men were a more international group of diverse heroes.

If anything, the Deadpool film helped remind me of just how great this character really was, in many ways he was the heart of the X-Men.
    Last edited by Vegeta; 06-05-2017 at 03:10 PM.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post

since when is colossus a joke with an overtop cheesy Russian accent?
    1975, Giant Size X-Men

I definitely prefer Deadpool Colossus.

BANNED

Do you ever stop?

Edit: Also, Colossus is at his worst when writers try to make him a super serious aggressive cool ass kicker blah blah blah. That's not who he is. While not ideal, I much prefer Deadpool Colossus to the non-entity that was Daniel Cudmore's Colossus.
    eh, can we at least stick to real facts.
    the people that wrote colossus as the super serious aggressive cool ass kicker was IRONICALLY Chris Claremont and Joss Whedon and the writer from dived we stand. where colossus even out does wolverine and night crawler in been a bad ass,

do i ever stop? because i am saying the freaking truth and backing it up with facts.
    Last edited by Selina; 06-05-2017 at 03:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Starting to think you either work for 21st Century Fox or were fired by Disney at some point

nah, dont work for fox or disney but I think we should discuss colossus in the movies and comics instead of making it about me.

I only said the truth about the characterization of one of the most beloved marvel mutant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue View Post
    1975, Giant Size X-Men
    he was not as bad in 1975 and yeah the character has come a long way but that is not what defines him anymore.

I guess you can say X2 and DOFP Colossus is the character developed at his fullest that is very similar to the comics. hence another reason why dead pool is not even in the top 3 best x-men movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    the people that wrote colossus as the super serious aggressive cool ass kicker was IRONICALLY Chris Claremont and Joss Whedon
    No, not even remotely true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I didn't like him in Deadpool either, but it's really not that serious.
    true, and why i think some people need to stop saying the character was only gotten right in deadpool. its cringey.

BANNED

No, not even remotely true.
    read gifted and dangerous by whedon

read dream's end by chris claremont

read divided we stand by Ed Brubaker