View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Bulletproof Coffin: The 1,000 Yard Stare (one-shot)

1 5.88%
  • The Divided States of Hysteria #1 (series debut)

2 11.76%
  • Drifter #19 (series finale)

1 5.88%
  • Eternal Empire #2

0 0%
  • Extremity #4

3 17.65%
  • Injection #13

0 0%
  • Outcast #28

0 0%
  • Paper Girls #15

2 11.76%
  • Planetoid Praxis #5 (of 6)

0 0%
  • Reborn #6 (of 6)

3 17.65%
  • Spawn #274

0 0%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #24

4 23.53%
  • The Walking Dead #168

1 5.88%
  • Youngblood #2

0 0%
  • Other - Cannibal #6 or Rock Candy Mountain #3

0 0%

Default Image Comics poll week 23 - Divided States of Hysteria and other non-fiction

Hey everyone, welcome back to the weekly Image poll. A bit early this week for scheduling reasons!

Last week the poll was won barely by Kill or be Killed's 9th issue. There's still time to vote if you wanna push Monstress ahead though!

This week is a packed one, so let's get to the highlights. First up we're saying goodbye to Drifter, which wraps up its 19 issue run. Secondly, Reborn is also wrapping up, after 6 issues the mini-series hits its planned conclusion. Planetoid Praxis hits its penultimate issue this week. We're seeing some reprints as well, like Extremity's third issue, as well as Youngblood's opening issue of last month. Lastly, Paper Girls closes the book on prehistory in this week's end-of-storyline issue.

In uncharted territories we also find 2 new arrivals.
    First up is The Divided States of Hysteria, Howard Chaykin's take on an America that has been broken by greed, racism and nihilism - and that's before all Hell breaks loose. This one also ships with a Pride Month alternate cover, just like the Walking Dead this week.

Secondly we get A Bulletproof Coffin: The 1,000 yard stare, a one-shot follow-up to the previous Bulletproof Coffin. In this one a publisher called Image Nation hires Shakey Kane to write AND draw his own comic, so he can be free of the shackles of David Hine. Unfortunately their rivalry leads to a bloody encounter at a comics convetion. Rather meta, it seems!

281962.jpg 281977.jpg

Extremity #4
    Injection #13
    Paper Girls #15
    The Walking Dead #168
    Youngblood #2

Extremity is simply the best.

Chaykin vs. Bullets. OMFG! I seriously need to sit and read these before deciding. And I'm trade-waiting Paper Girls, so NO SPOILERS! Thus shall it be so.

As to my pick: Derek doesn't do boring.

Yeah, I went with Bullets. I love Chaykin, but this was a character introduction and setup issue. I'm expecting Hysteria to be brilliant when complete, but comparing single issues, the one-off Lapham pulled off was a better issue than Chaykin's opening.
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 06-07-2017 at 10:31 PM. Reason: added my actual vote as well as my reasoning

Picked only Divided States of Hysteria this week, and I liked it. So I voted for it... It was a nice reading. I just bought also the reedition of the complete Martha Washington stories by Miller and Gibbons that just came out and started reading them for the first time quite enthusiastically, so let's say that I'm in the perfect mood for it.
    Last edited by Abe; 06-08-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Picked only Divided States of Hysteria this week, and I liked it. So I voted for it... It was a nice reading. I just bought also the reedition of the complete Martha Washington stories by Miller and Gibbons that just came out and started reading them for the first time quite enthusiastically, so let's say that I'm in the perfect mood for it.
    I need to check what's in the Martha Washington books I have and what the collection has that isn't already in my library. Complete is great unless you have an undefined percentage of material already. #firstworldproblems

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

It usually isn't a contest for me when Stray Bullets comes out.
    And this time 'round, it isn't even close-- yeah, Derek doesn't DO boring! What an incredible issue, laid back, leisurely, and then BANG!
    Yep: Stray Bullets, indeed.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Giving the vote to Reborn for a solid ending to the first story arc.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Astonishing Member

Outcast, Reborn, Spawn, Walking Dead, Youngblood for me this week, Reborn was my favorite of this bunch.

Cool to see Reborn ending strongly. Did they confirm there will be a second series?

Anyone read the Drifter finale? How'd that go?