Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1265
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Priest will be happy that the CWSeed cartoon seems to be drawing a lot from his run. If he even knows about it.

Count me in on the side glad he didn't retcon Damian into being Slade's son. The possibility of it is stronger then making it factual in my opinion, compared to him being Bruce's son. Plus, I really disliked how he wrote Damian in Lazarus Contract, so...
    I hope it is. The animation and design look really cool.

I actually agree that Damian being Bruce rather than Slade's son is a good choice. I just don't think that Priest is stupid for arguing the other side. But then again, I like how Priest writes the little guy in everything, including Lazarus Contract (my objections to that crossover are more to do with how I think it kinda dumbed down the complexity of Deathstroke).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

I actually agree that Damian being Bruce rather than Slade's son is a good choice. I just don't think that Priest is stupid for arguing the other side. But then again, I like how Priest writes the little guy in everything, including Lazarus Contract (my objections to that crossover are more to do with how I think it kinda dumbed down the complexity of Deathstroke).
    If Damian was slade so. He would have. Super powers

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If Damian was slade so. He would have. Super powers
    You could argue that his super powers from Slade would mostly just be his enhanced intelligence, removing the need for the genetic experimentation.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I would prefer Damian being Slade's since DC hasn't done anything memorable with him in a LOOONG time (Morrison and Tomasi) aside. All the Damian stories have been told. The Batfamily is too bloated. I have zero interest in Damian without Dick, Alfred or Batcow.

I think it dumbed down Damian too, but that's neither here nor there.

I think it dumbed down Damian too, but that's neither here nor there.
    I mean, that discussion has been done a LOT at this point, but if you wanna have it, it's relevant to the thread!

I'm not planning on starting my reread for a little bit - sometime in the next month.

Another really excellent interview! http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...est-interview/

It is so clear to me that Priest could just about write anything for DC or Marvel. It INFURIATES me that they refuse to let him do it.

Another really excellent interview! http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...est-interview/

It is so clear to me that Priest could just about write anything for DC or Marvel. It INFURIATES me that they refuse to let him do it.
    DC is run by extremely nice people. That’s not blowing smoke—seriously, it’s like they all went through some kind of training in How To Be Polite And Get Along. What I remember from Old School Marvel was intense fiefdoms and cliques, and you had to remember whose territory you were intruding on and how to play by those rules.

DC feels more like Gene Roddenberry’s utopian view of the future, where kindness, forethought, and patience are the rules of the day. How does Deathstroke function in that kind of environment? I mean, I had Slade kill Power Girl’s dog in issue #17, and that was a major push. So far as I am concerned Slade, not Bruce, is Damian Wayne’s father. I mean, I get why DC made the call they did, and Damian is not *my* multi-million-dollar I.P. to gamble with, but I lobbied hard for another, in my opinion, more daring choice that would have shaken things up, enraged fans, and launched dozens of exciting stories.
    That's a take on the DC editorial office I never expected to hear.

Astonishing Member

He makes some excellent points about how Slade got a free pass for the Judas Contract.

Astonishing Member

That's a take on the DC editorial office I never expected to hear.
    They're probably nice to their employees but apathetic to the characters they have personal vendettas against.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    He makes some excellent points about how Slade got a free pass for the Judas Contract.
    Wolfman trying to pass all the blame onto Tara was always bullshit frankly. Slade was going to murder a bunch of teenagers, that’s not something you can try to whitewash.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wolfman trying to pass all the blame onto Tara was always bullshit frankly. Slade was going to murder a bunch of teenagers, that’s not something you can try to whitewash.
    The animated movie definitely didn't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wolfman's silly obsession with whitewashing Slade is one of the reasons why I feel that Tara should be retooled as an antihero.

Astonishing Member

The animated movie definitely didn't.
    I disliked the animated movie, but the cartoons and animation adaptations of the Judas Contract are always superior to the original because they don't try to justify Slade.

DC is run by nice people? I think the women Eddie Berganza got away with harassing for years might have a different view about that. To say nothing of the ridiculousness that we heard during the earlier years of the New 52.

Also that part about Terra and child prostitutes gets dangerously close to victim blaming. When discussing sexual predation the behaviour of a 12 year old is the least important part of the conversation.